DmC February NPD Sales Figures. The game is a commercial failure.

#41KatanaYamato00Posted 3/15/2013 8:40:30 PM
Lansfield posted...
Honestly, I don't know why a reboot was necessary. They just needed to get rid of Nero in the last instalment and focus more on Dante and maybe add a few more chicks. But they instead remade a game to reflect a ghetto life starring a drug addict Dante and withdrawal syndrome Kat. Also, when you go to Limbo, they made it so much like as if you were getting high and suffering from hallucinations. + the colours make my eyes hurt.

While i agree that a reboot wasn't necessary, the suggestion you gave doesn't make it any better either. DMC kept following that formula: Dante fights some old guy who wants Sparda/Random Demon power, Dante meets token female who might be related to the old person, Dante says stupid lines that makes no sense and aren't funny, Dante does OTT crap for no reason just to satisfy the audience, Dante beats old guy nothing is learned Dante is still the same overpowered shallow flake, token female joins Dante and his useless harem, The End. Like, i know some people (mostly alot) have low standards for DMC story, but this is just trite.

Also, i don't think DmC was going to sell more then DMC 4. These type of games rarely do nowadays. And with GOW getting more stagnate then ever and NG3 being garbage, i don't see them selling much anyway.

MGR would've sold more then DMC 5, because the MG name alone. Because that comes from a quality series unlike DMC which includes DMC 2 and DMC 4.
#42SparNar607Posted 3/15/2013 9:59:12 PM
KatanaYamato00 posted...
Lansfield posted...
Honestly, I don't know why a reboot was necessary. They just needed to get rid of Nero in the last instalment and focus more on Dante and maybe add a few more chicks. But they instead remade a game to reflect a ghetto life starring a drug addict Dante and withdrawal syndrome Kat. Also, when you go to Limbo, they made it so much like as if you were getting high and suffering from hallucinations. + the colours make my eyes hurt.

While i agree that a reboot wasn't necessary, the suggestion you gave doesn't make it any better either. DMC kept following that formula: Dante fights some old guy who wants Sparda/Random Demon power, Dante meets token female who might be related to the old person, Dante says stupid lines that makes no sense and aren't funny, Dante does OTT crap for no reason just to satisfy the audience, Dante beats old guy nothing is learned Dante is still the same overpowered shallow flake, token female joins Dante and his useless harem, The End. Like, i know some people (mostly alot) have low standards for DMC story, but this is just trite.

Also, i don't think DmC was going to sell more then DMC 4. These type of games rarely do nowadays. And with GOW getting more stagnate then ever and NG3 being garbage, i don't see them selling much anyway.

MGR would've sold more then DMC 5, because the MG name alone. Because that comes from a quality series unlike DMC which includes DMC 2 and DMC 4.

Reeks of BS.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#43KatanaYamato00Posted 3/15/2013 10:07:24 PM(edited)
Sorry that i have higher standards for DMC then it just being a combat simulator. So you can aim your nose elsewhere.
#44SilentS89Posted 3/16/2013 9:58:10 AM
KatanaYamato00 posted...
DMC kept following that formula: Dante fights some old guy who wants Sparda/Random Demon power, Dante meets token female who might be related to the old person, Dante says stupid lines that makes no sense and aren't funny, Dante does OTT crap for no reason just to satisfy the audience, Dante beats old guy nothing is learned Dante is still the same overpowered shallow flake, token female joins Dante and his useless harem, The End. Like, i know some people (mostly alot) have low standards for DMC story, but this is just trite.

Would purchase and recommend to friends.
#45mahroflcopterPosted 3/16/2013 9:40:58 PM
KatanaYamato00 posted...
Sorry that i have higher standards for DMC then it just being a combat simulator. So you can aim your nose elsewhere.

Sunshine, DmC was just as shallow and over the top. Main difference is that DMC 1 - 4 never had the delusions of grandeur that DmC has. And it also didn't feel the need to pepper each scene with needless expletives; fill the lyrics with expletives; and fill the walls with expletives nor did it feel the need the add in sex scenes; gratuitous crotch shots; blow jobs; or any of the other many things DmC did just to be "edgy".

So yeah, DMC was never high art. At least it wasn't trying to pretend otherwise.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.