Devil May Cry listed #385 on the list of best games ever...

#51JanneDaArc135Posted 3/15/2013 3:01:06 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Strelok posted...
Fulvip posted...
Mixorz posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
So... Call Of Duty series best games ever?

God of War best hack and slash of all time?

If we are using sales as the determining factor than yes, but I'm just curious, because people here seem to only use sales when determining quality of DmC, but no other game. I'm seeing if they agree with that list.

Aren't you that troll that doens't respond to anyone's arguments and yet is always saying that he owns everyone?

Yes he is.

So Rocky says the word "flop" one too many times and gets suspended, but this joker gets to keep posting?

HE got suspended!?!?! Thats BS. GameFaqs mods are seriously biased and should get their heads out of their a**
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#52FulvipPosted 3/15/2013 3:06:27 PM(edited)
Mixorz posted...
@ fulvip

It's your argument, its your job to find it. Am I suppose to pose your arguments to myself? Sorry, fact is you got absolutely nothing to stand on and are really just stalling and making arguments then basically saying, they exist but it's your job to find it."

Again you just show why I win and you got nothing. You haven't even addressed the original point and you've posted probably more than 10 times. LOL

First, you haven't answered one argument. Second, search list and on the first page alone there's 4 topics about it. Don't be lazy.

And if you had bothered answering to people who argue instead of people who don't just to say you own everyone, you would see I answered your original point of sales or reviews determining game quality.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR
#53FireMage7777Posted 3/15/2013 3:03:04 PM
Mixorz posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
My topic :)

Anyway I know this is futile, but here I go

No one uses the sales=quality argument but you Mikki. We talk about sales because the game was a commercial failure and subsequently will never get a sequel to further ruin the Devil May Cry franchise

I haven't seen anyone claim otherwise (in regards to how it sold), and you're right, a sequel is unlikely at this point.

But you know that more often than not people on this board are using lack of sales to reflect quality, and that's what I call into question because I don't believe people really equate game sales with overall quality. All evidence is supporting my notion because well, you're like the first serious response in about 5 pages of sidestepping the issue.

No one is using that argument though. If so, prove it to me
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 20
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#54JanneDaArc135Posted 3/15/2013 3:07:22 PM
Come on guys. Its Mixorz for crying out loud. Do you think he would actually do something valuable with his time? You ever take up reading to the elderly like I suggested?
All he ever does is try to undermine the original series. Like I said before its creepy how he keeps trying to "win" on gamefaqs. Like I said read to the elderly, make a difference man :)
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#55produnerPosted 3/15/2013 3:15:15 PM(edited)
TC you are not worth a 5 paragraph post that addresses the game's issues and how it is doing commercially, which relates to its quality and future sequels. The latter is the reason why sales are brought up in the board.

You've claimed that reviews are credible and they are a good indicator of a game's quality, while you don't even have a proof of reviews being credible, neither your opinions matter since you don't have the game, thus having no idea whether the reviews accurately decide the quality of the game.

You also brought up the sales argument to point out that sales are not an indicator of a game's quality, and then you made a topic that links to a chart of top selling games of all time, ignoring the demographic, genre and release time of the game, which all contribute to making sales of a certain game and indicator to its quality.

In DmC's case, the devs tried to appeal to a larger demographic and they failed, since people had the demo and simply didn't like it neither the fanbase did, which obviously gives you an idea of a game's quality but not an accurate indicator just like reviews.

As for DMC's quality, the series refined the genre with its solid game mechanics, fluidity, smooth controls, challenge, deep combat and other atheistic reasons, so bringing up the sales is silly , since both facts and feedback are better indicators, and the sales of the game are quit good ,especially for a niche genre.

You contradicted yourself, ignored facts and you don't have the game in the first place.

Now feel free to counter my argument.
#56Blackmarvel79Posted 3/15/2013 3:17:26 PM(edited)
Mixorz posted...
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/

Using sales as the determining factor for a great game, the original DMC is ranked 385. I couldn't even find DmC there, pity. So do we agree with this?

Edit (decided to put a post I did on pg 2 here):
http://www.gamerankings.com/ps2/445101-devil-may-cry/index.html

On gamerankings, using reviews, DMC is rated #152 all time. Which do you think better reflects DMCs quality?

Using sales, DMC is ranked 385 all time, not as good as Wii Sports and CoD.

Using reviews, DMC is 92% and change, rated 152 all time. Better than the maddens and such.

Why does anyone use vgchartz. Walmart doesnt report there sales to them . Walmart can account for up to 50 percent of any given titles sales. obviously Im not talking about this games small sales number. But vgchartz is sketchy and they estimate too much and its usually higher than what is.
---
Playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow and GOWA.
#57produnerPosted 3/15/2013 3:10:30 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
Come on guys. Its Mixorz for crying out loud. Do you think he would actually do something valuable with his time? You ever take up reading to the elderly like I suggested?
All he ever does is try to undermine the original series. Like I said before its creepy how he keeps trying to "win" on gamefaqs. Like I said read to the elderly, make a difference man :)

Superiority complex ; kids that draw dicks in black ops are infamous for having that.
#58Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:23:23 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Mixorz posted...
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/

Using sales as the determining factor for a great game, the original DMC is ranked 385. I couldn't even find DmC there, pity. So do we agree with this?

Edit (decided to put a post I did on pg 2 here):
http://www.gamerankings.com/ps2/445101-devil-may-cry/index.html

On gamerankings, using reviews, DMC is rated #152 all time. Which do you think better reflects DMCs quality?

Using sales, DMC is ranked 385 all time, not as good as Wii Sports and CoD.

Using reviews, DMC is 92% and change, rated 152 all time. Better than the maddens and such.

Why does anyone use vgchartz. Walmart doesnt report there sales to them . Walmart can account for up to 50 percent of any given titles sales. obviously Im not talking about this games small sales number. But vgchartz is sketchy and they estimate too much and its usually higher than what is.

Doesn't have to be exact for these purposes as it can still give a general idea of how it sold,
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#59DuuuDe14Posted 3/15/2013 4:24:50 PM
Everyone, Teh DuuuDe asks you don't feed the troll.

*stis on Dante's chair*
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#60Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:24:53 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Mixorz posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
My topic :)

Anyway I know this is futile, but here I go

No one uses the sales=quality argument but you Mikki. We talk about sales because the game was a commercial failure and subsequently will never get a sequel to further ruin the Devil May Cry franchise

I haven't seen anyone claim otherwise (in regards to how it sold), and you're right, a sequel is unlikely at this point.

But you know that more often than not people on this board are using lack of sales to reflect quality, and that's what I call into question because I don't believe people really equate game sales with overall quality. All evidence is supporting my notion because well, you're like the first serious response in about 5 pages of sidestepping the issue.

No one is using that argument though. If so, prove it to me

Numerous posters in this topic alone (that's on the first page)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65680526
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz