Devil May Cry listed #385 on the list of best games ever...

#61PunkMcThrustPosted 3/15/2013 3:25:30 PM
DMC3 belongs in the top 10 so the list is wrong.
---
Armstrong for President
#62FireMage7777Posted 3/15/2013 3:29:43 PM
Mixorz posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Mixorz posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
My topic :)

Anyway I know this is futile, but here I go

No one uses the sales=quality argument but you Mikki. We talk about sales because the game was a commercial failure and subsequently will never get a sequel to further ruin the Devil May Cry franchise

I haven't seen anyone claim otherwise (in regards to how it sold), and you're right, a sequel is unlikely at this point.

But you know that more often than not people on this board are using lack of sales to reflect quality, and that's what I call into question because I don't believe people really equate game sales with overall quality. All evidence is supporting my notion because well, you're like the first serious response in about 5 pages of sidestepping the issue.

No one is using that argument though. If so, prove it to me

Numerous posters in this topic alone (that's on the first page)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65680526

All they do is say it flopped, which it did. The game was a failure in terms of sales
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 20
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#63Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:32:41 PM
produner posted...
TC you are not worth a 5 paragraph post that addresses the game's issues and how it is doing commercially, which relates to its quality and future sequels. The latter is the reason why sales are brought up in the board.

You've claimed that reviews are credible and they are a good indicator of a game's quality, while you don't even have a proof of reviews being credible, neither your opinions matter since you don't have the game, thus having no idea whether the reviews accurately decide the quality of the game.

You also brought up the sales argument to point out that sales are not an indicator of a game's quality, and then you made a topic that links to a chart of top selling games of all time, ignoring the demographic, genre and release time of the game, which all contribute to making sales of a certain game and indicator to its quality.

In DmC's case, the devs tried to appeal to a larger demographic and they failed, since people had the demo and simply didn't like it neither the fanbase did, which obviously gives you an idea of a game's quality but not an accurate indicator just like reviews.

As for DMC's quality, the series refined the genre with its solid game mechanics, fluidity, smooth controls, challenge, deep combat and other atheistic reasons, so bringing up the sales is silly , since both facts and feedback are better indicators, and the sales of the game are quit good ,especially for a niche genre.

You contradicted yourself, ignored facts and you don't have the game in the first place.

Now feel free to counter my argument.

My argument is that sales do not reflect quality. You seem to agree to an extent because you mention that there are many things that can influence sales, such as demographics, genre and release time. So it seems you agree with me that sales are not a good way to measure the quality of a game as sales can be influenced by several means other than quality.

Glad I opened your eyes, even though you probably meant to disagree with me it's k :)
Winning streak: 15 topics
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#64TriangleMasherPosted 3/15/2013 3:36:07 PM
Nintendogs, Myst, and Mario Party 8 are great gaemz.
---
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
#65StrelokPosted 3/15/2013 3:41:09 PM
Lack of sales ARE reflecting on quality if there has been a lot of advertising and attention.
This game had that.
It sucks.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#66OracleGunnerPosted 3/15/2013 3:44:27 PM
Mixorxz stop being a fanboy and answer the simple question. What are this games good points? The answer must include only the objectively good of course. Btw the only argument that has been made is that this game is bad and it also sold bad as a bonus. So please learn to read and comprehend simple grammar.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
#67ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/15/2013 3:49:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFrmapGCuhs
#68TheSL1ClubPosted 3/15/2013 3:54:24 PM
Some pros (TC for example) are real pathetic, I could name another 5-6 also.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#69Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:01:32 PM
OracleGunner posted...
Mixorxz stop being a fanboy and answer the simple question. What are this games good points? The answer must include only the objectively good of course. Btw the only argument that has been made is that this game is bad and it also sold bad as a bonus. So please learn to read and comprehend simple grammar.

I like how this game was universally praised by credible reviewers and is rated higher than MGR and GOW.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#70Pesmerga255Posted 3/15/2013 4:02:06 PM
Credible reviewers?

Name one.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!