Devil May Cry listed #385 on the list of best games ever...

#71Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:02:34 PM
Strelok posted...
Lack of sales ARE reflecting on quality if there has been a lot of advertising and attention.
This game had that.
It sucks.

Confirmed that you believe Wii Sports is the best game ever. Either that or you're a hypocrite, picking and choosing when sales reflect quality and when they don't.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#72Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:07:48 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Mixorz posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Mixorz posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
My topic :)

Anyway I know this is futile, but here I go

No one uses the sales=quality argument but you Mikki. We talk about sales because the game was a commercial failure and subsequently will never get a sequel to further ruin the Devil May Cry franchise

I haven't seen anyone claim otherwise (in regards to how it sold), and you're right, a sequel is unlikely at this point.

But you know that more often than not people on this board are using lack of sales to reflect quality, and that's what I call into question because I don't believe people really equate game sales with overall quality. All evidence is supporting my notion because well, you're like the first serious response in about 5 pages of sidestepping the issue.

No one is using that argument though. If so, prove it to me

Numerous posters in this topic alone (that's on the first page)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65680526

All they do is say it flopped, which it did. The game was a failure in terms of sales

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65670806?page=13

Page 13 or 14

360Pages posted: "To bad that this game probably won't get a part 2, since sells determine that, not reviews, and in the end that is all that matters."

Sorry to destroy your argument yet again. Try to find some solace in my ultimate victory.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#73OracleGunnerPosted 3/15/2013 4:09:44 PM
Mixorz posted...
OracleGunner posted...
Mixorxz stop being a fanboy and answer the simple question. What are this games good points? The answer must include only the objectively good of course. Btw the only argument that has been made is that this game is bad and it also sold bad as a bonus. So please learn to read and comprehend simple grammar.

I like how this game was universally praised by credible reviewers and is rated higher than MGR and GOW.

Not an objective argument. Reviews are quite subjective and the score is quite fickle and subjective especially if you count user score review score. You get 1 more try.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
#74FireMage7777Posted 3/15/2013 4:09:49 PM
Sales do determine whether a game gets a sequel. Nowhere in that post does it say "this game sucks because it sold poorly" I gave you the benefit of the doubt, troll confirmed
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 20
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#75TheSL1ClubPosted 3/15/2013 4:15:22 PM(edited)
TC, you know the difference between judging by sales and reviews? Sales are statistic or facts that will reflect how the game is doing financially and will no doubt determine if a sequel of a game is possible or not. Reviews are subjective opinions that doesn't do anything, ultimately you like what you like, just get it into your head that reviews don't lead where the franchise goes, $$$ does. Btw lol at credible reviews, what kind of mature adults with an active brain reads reviews and make decisions upon reviews?
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#76FulvipPosted 3/15/2013 4:15:31 PM
I'm still waiting for my answer TC.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR
#77StrelokPosted 3/15/2013 4:23:03 PM
Mixorz posted...
Strelok posted...
Lack of sales ARE reflecting on quality if there has been a lot of advertising and attention.
This game had that.
It sucks.

Confirmed that you believe Wii Sports is the best game ever. Either that or you're a hypocrite, picking and choosing when sales reflect quality and when they don't.

My point

Sol

Venus

Earth

Mars

Your head <-

Yes, you live in outer space.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#78JanneDaArc135Posted 3/15/2013 4:45:24 PM
Man mikki buddy, you just make me sad to have been part of the human race :(
Seriously, I am being serious.......

Plz read to the elderly
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
@Janne: you're protoman- RockVolnuttX. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#79MoreFunThanTVPosted 3/15/2013 4:51:33 PM
Mixorz posted...
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/

Using sales as the determining factor for a great game, the original DMC is ranked 385. I couldn't even find DmC there, pity. So do we agree with this?

Edit (decided to put a post I did on pg 2 here):
http://www.gamerankings.com/ps2/445101-devil-may-cry/index.html

On gamerankings, using reviews, DMC is rated #152 all time. Which do you think better reflects DMCs quality?

Using sales, DMC is ranked 385 all time, not as good as Wii Sports and CoD.

Using reviews, DMC is 92% and change, rated 152 all time. Better than the maddens and such.

Both sales and reviews can be used to determine a game's quality but neither is definite.
Not all games that got high review scores were great games just as not all games with low scores are bad.

I'd imagine the true decider of if a game is great or not is a combination of sales + reviews + general audience opinion but even then I'm not sure...

Great games tend to excel at all 3 and cult classics or undecided games only 2 in most cases but I've seen exceptions so I'm still not sure what's the ultimate decider or a game's quality.

I'm also not sure what you're trying to prove here, that DmC was a success from a review standpoint? No one is arguing that it got generally favorable reviews.

Or are you trying to say that reviews are more important than sales?
-Not to gamers since they should make their own judgement on a game possibly looking to reviews and sales as tools of guidance but ultimately it's solely up to their own subjective opinions if they like it or not. I highly doubt anyone is gonna automatically force themselves to like a game even if you do prove that reviews are more important. We like to act like objective logical Vulcans but when you get right down to it you're buying a game to enjoy subjectively and that's really what matters as to if you like it or not.

-Not to Capcom either since ultimately they make money off sales. Even if a game got scores of 100 and 10/10 across the board it really doesn't mean crap to them since financially it still failed.

So are you trying to say we should call DmC a success because some list of review scores is more agreeable with the general public when what matters to Capcom is money and what matters to me is if I like it or not? That makes no sense really.

Oh and here's a topic filled with the reasons people didn't like DmC. Haven't read it all myself but it's 500 posts so I'm sure there's WAY more there than just sales though if you wanna hear my personal reasons I'd be glad to give them to you. My reasons have nothing to do with the sales or even the old series for that matter since I started disliking this game after I bought it and barely played the old series enough to call myself a fangirl of them (EX: I thought Nero was Vergil till like 2 months ago >.>)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65414823
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#805hadowsPosted 3/15/2013 5:07:14 PM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
Mixorz posted...
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/

Using sales as the determining factor for a great game, the original DMC is ranked 385. I couldn't even find DmC there, pity. So do we agree with this?

Edit (decided to put a post I did on pg 2 here):
http://www.gamerankings.com/ps2/445101-devil-may-cry/index.html

On gamerankings, using reviews, DMC is rated #152 all time. Which do you think better reflects DMCs quality?

Using sales, DMC is ranked 385 all time, not as good as Wii Sports and CoD.

Using reviews, DMC is 92% and change, rated 152 all time. Better than the maddens and such.

Both sales and reviews can be used to determine a game's quality but neither is definite.
Not all games that got high review scores were great games just as not all games with low scores are bad.

I'd imagine the true decider of if a game is great or not is a combination of sales + reviews + general audience opinion but even then I'm not sure...

Great games tend to excel at all 3 and cult classics or undecided games only 2 in most cases but I've seen exceptions so I'm still not sure what's the ultimate decider or a game's quality.

I'm also not sure what you're trying to prove here, that DmC was a success from a review standpoint? No one is arguing that it got generally favorable reviews.

Or are you trying to say that reviews are more important than sales?
-Not to gamers since they should make their own judgement on a game possibly looking to reviews and sales as tools of guidance but ultimately it's solely up to their own subjective opinions if they like it or not. I highly doubt anyone is gonna automatically force themselves to like a game even if you do prove that reviews are more important. We like to act like objective logical Vulcans but when you get right down to it you're buying a game to enjoy subjectively and that's really what matters as to if you like it or not.

-Not to Capcom either since ultimately they make money off sales. Even if a game got scores of 100 and 10/10 across the board it really doesn't mean crap to them since financially it still failed.

So are you trying to say we should call DmC a success because some list of review scores is more agreeable with the general public when what matters to Capcom is money and what matters to me is if I like it or not? That makes no sense really.

Oh and here's a topic filled with the reasons people didn't like DmC. Haven't read it all myself but it's 500 posts so I'm sure there's WAY more there than just sales though if you wanna hear my personal reasons I'd be glad to give them to you. My reasons have nothing to do with the sales or even the old series for that matter since I started disliking this game after I bought it and barely played the old series enough to call myself a fangirl of them (EX: I thought Nero was Vergil till like 2 months ago >.>)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65414823

don't post stuff like this you'll just make him use his DodgeMan superhero dodging moves.
---
Ill add something here later....