A question about DmC's target audience.

#71ZeroX91Posted 3/17/2013 6:58:54 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
ZeroX91 posted...
...where did your other topic go nostalgia?

Things did get off topic for a little while there. But for the most part, this thread had stayed on topic and has remained pretty civil. As most know by now, I'm not a fan of DmC. But I was curious as to why the game didn't sell as well as Capcom and Ninja Theory thought it would. Blaming the fans was a rather foolish move on their part. This might turn potential fans in the future away from Capcom, provided said people follow this kind of news.

Meant the fanfic.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#72NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:30:08 PM
ZeroX91 posted...

Yeah, I just got what you meant. My story got erased again. It even had DmC in it and I was going to add more, but I didn't get the chance. I wrote the moderators a letter asking them to please put it back. And yes, I was polite about it and I didn't rage or write anything nasty to them. I just asked them to please put it back in here. I even promised to try and add more DmC elements to it if they do put it back. Sure hope they do. I was going good. I was going to add Kat to the story as well.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#73smithkakarotPosted 3/17/2013 7:31:39 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

Yeah, I just got what you meant. My story got erased again. It even had DmC in it and I was going to add more, but I didn't get the chance. I wrote the moderators a letter asking them to please put it back. And yes, I was polite about it and I didn't rage or write anything nasty to them. I just asked them to please put it back in here. I even promised to try and add more DmC elements to it if they do put it back. Sure hope they do. I was going good. I was going to add Kat to the story as well.

SOMEONE on this forum is a buzzkill and marks any posts that aren't glowing DmC praise.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#74NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:36:24 PM
smithkakarot posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
ZeroX91 posted...

SOMEONE on this forum is a buzzkill and marks any posts that aren't glowing DmC praise.

Aw, man! You mean my story was flagged? I even went out of my way to add DmC elements to it. I was going to add more, too. DmC Dante and Vergil, AKA Kain and Creed were going to have important roles. I even planned to give them an actual angel design. I thought it was rather odd that the mods let my story stay for a few days and then it got erased. Anyway, I already wrote the mods politely, so we'll see what happens.

If anyone who likes DmC did flag my story, they really should've at least read just a little bit more. I wasn't going to make DmC Dante and Vergil look like idiots in any way, shape or form. They were going to have an active and important role. :(
---
#75ZeroX91Posted 3/17/2013 7:43:47 PM
*blames green_puff*
---
#76NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:48:34 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
*blames green_puff*

I'm not pointing fingers. I don't know who it was and I'm not asking this person to come forward or anything. I actually don't even know if someone even did flag my story (though after what smithkakarot said, it does seem odd that the mods let my story stay for a few days and then deleted it. The mods usually delete off topic stuff right away. Not several days later. Even some of the flame topics get to stay). I would just like my story to be restored here, that's all. I'm not out to make a scene or a raging fuss.
---
#77ZeroX91Posted 3/17/2013 7:52:19 PM
Maybe they felt it needed to be burned to the ground after my monster girl fetish slipped out. lol

I wouldn't expect much from the mods, hopefully you have a back up you were puttin' some effort into it.
---
#78NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:55:22 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Maybe they felt it needed to be burned to the ground after my monster girl fetish slipped out. lol

I wouldn't expect much from the mods, hopefully you have a back up you were puttin' some effort into it.

Thank you. I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see. There are some threads that have gotten way more off topic than the one I made and it got to stay. Hopefully it does come back. If the mods do decide to restore it, I wonder how long it takes to get a thread put back. Maybe a few hours? A day or so?
---
#79NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 5:28:26 PM
*sighs*

My fanfiction isn't going to come back. One of the moderators said this board is for legitimate discussions on DmC, and that fanfics are only for social or dead boards. So, my fanfic won't be coming back. I'm not angry at the mods, but I wish they had at least deleted the first chapter before letting me get so far into it. :(

.....Oh, well. Spilt milk, I suppose. No use crying over it. I guess I can go and make a DMC 3 fanfiction on the DMC 3 board on GameFAQs. That counts as a dead board, I suppose. So, to those who liked my story, thanks for reading it and supporting it. :) Sorry that it got erased though. But you'll have to go to the specific DMC board to read it.

And please everyone, no finger pointing at anyone who does like DmC. There's no proof that a pro or anyone else flagged my story. And even if they did, the moderators decision stands just the same. So it won't do any good to start a fight about it.
---
#80ZeroX91Posted 3/18/2013 5:31:20 PM
The blame has already been cast, and I'm pretty sure this qualifies for a dead board only one in fifteen topics are actually about the game.
---