Lets look at the game objectively.

#71RD_21Posted 3/22/2013 7:12:01 AM
Lansfield posted...
being able to use 3 weapons at a time was good but holding down another button to do it and working it in a combo to hold, let go, hold, wasn't really working.

Work perfectly fine for me, it's even easier to string combo with different weapon now. The game has it's flaws, but I really don't see that as one personally.
#72Japanese_JadePosted 3/22/2013 10:01:22 AM
dark_harpy posted...
Judging a game objectively is pointless. Objectivity has nothing to do with what people find entertaining.

Every person trying to argue "objectivity" with video games (especially DmC) should tattoo this across their forehead. I swear, you hit the nail on the head with complete grace. I applaud you, sir!
---
Don't like DmC? Well, come on down to the DmC (PS3) board where liking the game is considered trolling and moving on is a thing of the past! :D
#73OracleGunnerPosted 3/22/2013 11:25:43 AM
Japanese_Jade posted...
dark_harpy posted...
Judging a game objectively is pointless. Objectivity has nothing to do with what people find entertaining.

Every person trying to argue "objectivity" with video games (especially DmC) should tattoo this across their forehead. I swear, you hit the nail on the head with complete grace. I applaud you, sir!

Actually the entire objective argument stuff happened because someone said something along the lines of this game has no objective flaws if my memory serves. Besides what makes you think that we are discussing the entertainment value of this game? We are discussing the faults, the entertainment value is extremely subjective.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#74chestershadowPosted 3/22/2013 11:33:09 AM
okay, objectively the game sucks ass.
#75Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 1:43:24 PM
Look it isnt wrong to like a game that has flaws. Look at Dynasty Warriors, that game has flaws out the wazoo, but people still like it due to the entertainment value of either seeing the Three Kingdoms story come to life (many inaccuracies though) or for just the sheer enjoyment of slaughtering thousands of soldiers. Now some people enjoy DmC for whatever reasons they have. I enjoy it because I actually love the weapon variety here more than past DMCs (miss Agni and Rudra though.) and the fact that I can switch between all of them without having to go to a god of time statue is really cool. See for me what ive always loved most about DMC was being able to change weapons on the fly and DmC arguably does that better than the rest of the series.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#76syctheweilderPosted 3/22/2013 1:47:53 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
See for me what ive always loved most about DMC was being able to change weapons on the fly and DmC arguably does that better than the rest of the series.

You must not have played Devil May Cry 4.

Tapping a button > holding down a trigger.
#77KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/22/2013 1:48:39 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
Look it isnt wrong to like a game that has flaws. Look at Dynasty Warriors, that game has flaws out the wazoo, but people still like it due to the entertainment value of either seeing the Three Kingdoms story come to life (many inaccuracies though) or for just the sheer enjoyment of slaughtering thousands of soldiers. Now some people enjoy DmC for whatever reasons they have. I enjoy it because I actually love the weapon variety here more than past DMCs (miss Agni and Rudra though.) and the fact that I can switch between all of them without having to go to a god of time statue is really cool. See for me what ive always loved most about DMC was being able to change weapons on the fly and DmC arguably does that better than the rest of the series.

It's fine to like a game, as long as the one who likes it realizes its flaws. DmC is a very flawed game, it's really a 6 or 7/10, yet people keep acting like it's a 9/10 game.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#78Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 1:57:42 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
See for me what ive always loved most about DMC was being able to change weapons on the fly and DmC arguably does that better than the rest of the series.

You must not have played Devil May Cry 4.

Tapping a button > holding down a trigger.

ive played and own all of them. DMC4 while good, I wasnt to fond of Lucifer so I only stuck to Rebellion and Gilgamesh. It also didnt have as many weapons. In DmC the only weapons I dont use is E&I.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.