ITT: I fix the story

#21FireMage7777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:38:41 AM
syctheweilder posted...
How about Vérgil?

Okay fine, that works
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 21
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#22Pesmerga255Posted 3/18/2013 12:48:00 AM
What about Baajil?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#23produnerPosted 3/18/2013 1:11:55 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
What about Baajiru?

Fixed.
#24Pesmerga255Posted 3/18/2013 1:13:13 AM
Baajil sounds more exotic.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#25produnerPosted 3/18/2013 1:27:16 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Baajil sounds more exotic.

Baajiru is socially relevant and japanese-y ; didn't fans like japanese-y stuff?
#26FireMage7777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:52:48 AM
If you are anything like me, you've loved Vergil since DMC1. Nelo Angelo was in all case and points, a magnificent boss; one that continually tested your skills. His sad fate was sealed in DMC1 which made it seem like he might never appear again...until DMC3 was announced. In DMC3 we saw the tragic fall of Vergil, his lust for power so as to never lose anything he cared for again ending in a climatic battle between brothers. When DMC3SE came out given people the opportunity to play Vergil, the character's popularity skyrocketed

When DmC was announced yes I was pissed, who they showed wasn't Dante, but some stranger calling himself as such. Initially there was a massive of confusion. Is this a prequel, reboot, some other thing? Suffice to say we got conflicting answers. I was not happy with the reveal but was willing to give the benefit of the doubt until more was revealed. However with each new reveal, it became obvious that this was DMC in name only, gameplay looked like s*** and characters were bastardized; but I was grateful for one thing: Vergil had yet to be touched...then this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C3j8y3h3ac&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That trailer was the straw that broke the camels back for me

Until the game came out there was no way to see just how bad Vergil was going to suffer, and now that it AND Vergil's Downfall are it out...man was it bad. Vergil went from someone that actually took action to somehow lurking in the shadows, from a tragic antagonist to some "defender" for mankind. Now the reason it has taken me so long to write this up is because I wanted to do it as best as could be is because Vergil deserves that much, so with out further ado!!!

Vergil

Now the purpose is too make as little changes to the story as possible. This eliminated A LOT of possibilities, even one similar to Nelo Angelo. But with the way it is now, Dante and Vergil HAVE to be allies...but they don't have to like it ;) Vergil without his antagonistic characterization is a pisspoor character, the fact that the end is such a horrible "twist" is due to this. Honestly changing this one factor is how you fix Vergil. I'm not kidding, its that mindnumbingly simple. Granted there's a little more that can be done (and yes, we will go into that as well) but that is the biggest issue

Throughout the story instances in which Vergil expresses his hatred of weakness (and that humans are weak) NEED to be made. Philosophical clashes between Dante and Vergil must happen. Little "sparring matches" between the brothers also would help this and actually show that Vergil isn't helpless (which DmC does until the very end). It also needs to be shown the reasons for WHY Vergil wants Mundas dead. Dante does so to save mankind, Vergil does so for revenge, revenge on the one that took what he loved away from him. Sprinkling this across 20 missions isn't that hard and would've massively made the character better and making his switch at the end so much more believable. Speaking of the end, Vergil needs to be a lot more...hateful during it. Honestly, if all you had worked for was now stopped by your younger brother that you think was inferior to you, you'd be more pissed. Oh, and that last line...no. Silence. Just be silent

Oh, one last little thing...the gun scene with Lillith...Dimension Cut. Boom done. On top of showing Vergil f***ing with Mundus because he can, you can still true to character

Now Vergil's Downfall...

I really don't want to touch this, so I'm not going to. VD should not have been made and would require its own write up

Any comments or future suggestions are welcome
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 22
#27SSJ_JinPosted 3/21/2013 7:01:50 AM
Everything you said about Vergil was done in Vergil's Downfall, so I don't see the issue. Vergil and Dante were allies during the story. There just wasn't any fighting besides verbal. And in the end you see Vergil does have a thing with power and weakness since he wanted to be the new ruler and felt that since Dante didn't want it he would stop him.

A lot of the things you wrote about were already done. You ignore that we see why Vergil becomes hateful and wants more power. This is what the game and Downfall does.

That's pretty much what this whole game does really. It kinda sets up for DMC3 even though it isn't DMC. We see how Vergil goes to his power hungry self, we see how Dante gets his white hair (silly point) and defends against demons, we see how demons enter the human world.

Whether you want to admit it or not, with a few minor twerks this could easily be the prequel to DMC3, which it originally was going to be wasn't it?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#28FireMage7777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 7:25:07 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Everything you said about Vergil was done in Vergil's Downfall, so I don't see the issue. Vergil and Dante were allies during the story. There just wasn't any fighting besides verbal. And in the end you see Vergil does have a thing with power and weakness since he wanted to be the new ruler and felt that since Dante didn't want it he would stop him.

A lot of the things you wrote about were already done. You ignore that we see why Vergil becomes hateful and wants more power. This is what the game and Downfall does.

That's pretty much what this whole game does really. It kinda sets up for DMC3 even though it isn't DMC. We see how Vergil goes to his power hungry self, we see how Dante gets his white hair (silly point) and defends against demons, we see how demons enter the human world.

Whether you want to admit it or not, with a few minor twerks this could easily be the prequel to DMC3, which it originally was going to be wasn't it?

The twist is too sudden and is bad character build up, having its own natural arc isn't. Did you not read the topic and what its for? Also VD doesn't do a LOT of what I posted. And no, this couldn't be the prequel to DMC3, too many inconsistencies
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 22
#29Dathrowed1Posted 3/21/2013 8:44:34 AM
LOL, the DMC3 is 101 B movie material
---
sig
#30FireMage7777(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 8:49:14 AM
Dathrowed1 posted...
LOL, the DMC3 is 101 B movie material

So DmC is what D grade? Gotcha
---