DMC3's weapons were.....kinda boring to use.

#21ThaiNoodlesPosted 3/17/2013 9:06:20 PM
Nevan was DOPE with sword master. And once you had it upgraded to the maximum amount of electric bats, you could give yourself a shield that would make you pretty much immune to the "enigmas?" i thing they were called? They shot arrows at you. Plus that jam session move netted quick style points, and the charge shot was ssstylish too. Cerberus is great too, if you animation cancel and repeatedly do that jumping forward spinning attack, you can totally own agni and rudra the first time through.
#22StrykeBlaydePosted 3/17/2013 10:49:56 PM
I didn't like Cerberus, honestly. It was a fun weapon, but it almost felt like the developers just ran out of time with it or something, and the moveset suffered because of it, compared to other weapons.
---
Hell If I Know What Marvel Team I'm Maining...
DmC is actually a good game. Not great, but good.
#23wolf riderPosted 3/18/2013 12:09:10 AM
What role did A&R serve that Rebellion could not?

I felt Cerberus' speed wasn't worth the decrease in damage.

Nevan was a pain to use because I kept leaving and entering the riff stance when I'm trying to do the moves :(
---
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.
#24Edward_R_MurrowPosted 3/18/2013 1:30:19 AM
wolf rider posted...
What role did A&R serve that Rebellion could not?

Aerial Cross, A.K.A. the best move in the game.

Seriously, Aerial Cross makes that weapon outstanding. Cross Slash is also good, and Twister, Tempest, and Extended Tempest can be the DRI of DMC3 against large enemies.

Combo 2 (I think) has some excellent crowd control properties, and Jet Stream is a pretty good zoning technique against non-DT'd enemies.

A&R is basically the "sister" weapon to Rebellion's in that it emphasizes damage and crowd control over speed and cancellable frames, yet still in a slightly similar sword package.

I felt Cerberus' speed wasn't worth the decrease in damage.

The problem with Cerberus was that it did nothing really interesting without Swordmaster. Satellite makes Crawler look useful, and everything else in Cerberus' moveset is close range, low-damge stuff. It only gains depth when you equip Swordmaster, allowing you to get some crowd control as well as attack with i-frames in Ice Age. Sure, you could do a bunch of JC'd Revolvers, but almost every other weapon had some great jump cancel moves and more when rocking any of the five non-Swordmaster styles.

Nevan was a pain to use because I kept leaving and entering the riff stance when I'm trying to do the moves :(

Camera angles are a bit of a pain with Nevan, seeing as it uses a scheme with four directional inputs from the tune stance, and thus doesn't have the leeway other weapons do with directional inputs.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#25wolf riderPosted 3/18/2013 1:38:06 AM
Thanks for that!

I was thinking of playing the HD Collection since I never got DMC3: SE.
---
"When was the last time someone said 'Man, I wish this game had MORE QTEs'? Never mother******. That's when!" ~ Samuel L. Jackson on QTEs
True story.
#26CaseyLynchisHotPosted 3/18/2013 6:10:46 AM
I can't speak for Cerberus but Nevan was awesome. Hitting the crazy combo for instant SSS rank was the best. The only problem with it was the camera made it a bit awkward to use with its directional inputs. Hell Nevan was even better if you had sword master style and used R1+Forward O to get that spinning move.
---
PSN: D1sdain3d; UMvC3: Viper/Dante/Hiryu; TTT2: Lee/Jaycee
#27MartikolPosted 3/18/2013 7:11:50 AM
I guess I'm the only one here who pairs nevan with gunslinger and artemis for a full zoning projectile spamming game.
---
I am the killer of topics
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ocb0RZuF1rvq8m9o1_500.gif
#28pyro_buntaPosted 3/18/2013 7:59:45 AM
wherethe****doyouthinkyouare.jpg
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#29devak108Posted 3/18/2013 8:07:29 AM
Dantechan posted...
Nevan and Cerberus weren't that great imo.

Nevan had crappy moves, and cerberus wasn't that fun to use if you know what I mean. Beowulf, Agni and rudra, and rebellion were good though

Riiiiiiiiiiiight, bro.
---
"You're entering a world of pain, son, we know this is your homework!"
#30AkazoraPosted 3/18/2013 9:02:10 AM
Always felt to me like A&R's attacks took too long. On any of the Vergil fights, you could never reach the end of a single attack, leaving you with a few mediocre damage/style swings.

Its a shame because I love it cosmetically and is one of the weapons i'd like to see return.