Will you regard Lucifer as ...

#21KyryloPosted 3/19/2013 9:22:43 AM
ramzariot posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Any weapon in DmC is boring. Alone the fact that they pulled moves form original Rebellion and gave them to 2 different weapons tells more than enough how dumb, lazy and talentless they are.

What moves did they remove?

they haven't removed, they made from one weapon (original Rebellion) two - New Rebellion and Scythe.
#22produnerPosted 3/19/2013 9:23:05 AM
ramzariot posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Any weapon in DmC is boring. Alone the fact that they pulled moves form original Rebellion and gave them to 2 different weapons tells more than enough how dumb, lazy and talentless they are.

What moves did they remove?

Prop , last sword master move and round trip.
That is for rebellion. Prop was given to osiris, round trip to aquila and styles were removed.
#23Psychochild27Posted 3/19/2013 10:20:19 AM(edited)
Are the hitboxes significantly larger than the much stronger Rebellion strings?

Complete 180* frontal coverage on every spinning swing vs. Rebellion which doesn't? Rebellion has more reach directly in front of Dante, but beyond the delayed slash on his Combo II the weapon's combo strings don't cover the sides as much as you think they do. For instance, the first two swings of Rebellion's ground combo leaves his right side very exposed.

But how is that useful compared to Prop Shredder to DRI, Dance Macabre, JC Aerial Raves, etc, which take considerably less effort for better results? By the time you set this up you could have killed whatever you're fighting already.

If you're playing a DMC game to strictly exploit the single most effective tactic, you're playing it wrong. According to your mentality, why bother learning to JC Aerial Raves in DMC3 when you can just get in a corner with Spiral and go to town or learning how to weapon-switch mid-JCs in DMC4 to make much more exciting aerial combos? It's fun, it's satisfying and it opens up Dante's combo potential to a ridiculous degree that just sticking to Gilgamesh or Rebellion will never be able to meet. It's fine if you're not willing to put the time in to learn how to use the weapon effectively, just don't call it useless when it does so much for his gameplay and compliments his arsenal so well.

It's the same problem that plagued Nevan for the longest time.

I've never used it much. How does it compare to Prop Shredder? Is the launch strong?

It's a ranged launcher that works in the air and on the ground. It's not the strongest, but once you get an enemy airborne it doesn't really matter as against everything with exception of angelos, it pops everything up at the same height Prop Shredder does.
#24SBK91Posted 3/19/2013 10:50:49 AM
Rebellion has more reach directly in front of Dante, but beyond the delayed slash on his Combo II the weapon's combo strings don't cover the sides as much as you think they do.

Noted. Wouldn't it be more effective if swarmed by easily stunned enemies, though, to jump out of the crowd and whore Overdrive/Pandora? Better style and likely better damage too.

If you're playing a DMC game to strictly exploit the single most effective tactic, you're playing it wrong.

I never mentioned anything about sticking to only one tactic, only that Lucifer has fewer practical applications than Rebellion/Gilgamesh. Rebellion offers better stuns and range, Gilgamesh better damage. In the time you take to set up Lucifer detonation combos you could have killed the enemy with almost anything else in your arsenal.

why bother learning to JC Aerial Raves in DMC3 when you can just get in a corner with Spiral and go to town?

Because Vergil doesn't get Spiral.

It's fun, it's satisfying and it opens up Dante's combo potential to a ridiculous degree

But not efficient. This topic is about the worst weapon in DMC. That would include it's ability to efficiently handling combat, which Lucifer is lacking in (based on my experience).

It's fine if you're not willing to put the time in to learn how to use the weapon effectively,

I have tried. It doesn't kill things quickly, doesn't stun particularly well, no real ranged exploits, weak strings, yet requires high execution and can be finicky.

just don't call it useless

Being worst (which I haven't even denoted Lucifer as) means it's not as good as your other options, not that it's junk. Same as Cerberus in DMC3. Is it the worst DA? Probably. Useless? Of course not.

compliments his arsenal so well.

In what degree outside comboing, which if you're skilled enough to do in the first place weapon ability doesn't matter? What situations are best tackled by Lucifer? Stripping the shield off a Blitz safely, staggering/damaging a boss at the beginning of a fight, Combat Adjucators, and easy damage with Pin Up against large targets (though far inferior to what Gilgamesh can do).

It's the same problem that plagued Nevan for the longest time.

Nevan was fantastic at everything but raw damage, and could still deal appreciable amounts with Swordmaster. Lucifer's a lot more specialized.

but once you get an enemy airborne it doesn't really matter as against everything with exception of angelos,

If you're skilled enough to use Lucifer detonation combos and get something into the air it's dead, Lucifer or not.

it pops everything up at the same height Prop Shredder does.

But does it launch grounded enemies who are still standing as well as Prop Shredder? Angelos? DTed scarecrows? How does the launching ability compare to the stun of Million Stab, Dance Macabre, Drive, RI, Kick-13, etc?
#25NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/19/2013 7:33:09 PM
Just like the Nevan weapon, it takes some getting used to. It might take some practice.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#26ZeroX07Posted 3/19/2013 7:39:48 PM
I agree that lucifer sucks if you dont know how to use it. If you do. You can do amazing combos and extend them and even kill in creating ways.

Learn how to use each weapon and you'll enjoy the outcome.
#27Ink-RibbonPosted 3/19/2013 8:03:13 PM
Lucifer is a crap weapon and it's funny that antis dn't compkain about it...

I could see it as being a weapon for DmC, though. It only worked well against Agnus and that's it, nothing more, nothing less.

Horrible design, bad controls for that weapon during combat. XD
#28ZeroX91Posted 3/19/2013 8:04:31 PM
I'm just gonna say any default sword is the worst (rebellion,force edge)
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Nvv28fIs0
#29ZeroX07Posted 3/19/2013 8:09:09 PM
Works well with agnus? Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ...........i need to breath.......lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.........

Ok seriously, stop. How long does it take you to kill agnus in DMD? I kill that .....B..in less than 30 seconds. Just move forward use gilgamesh, use deep impact, when dante hits with second hit during deep impact, DT. And repeat. The fight should take no less than 30 seconds. Once agnus tries to do his special (which takes your health and heals) just attack with rebellion and hit him with a basic brb and mix it with yamato slash and jump cancel if needed.
#30Ink-RibbonPosted 3/19/2013 8:13:57 PM
ZeroX07 posted...
Works well with agnus? Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol ...........i need to breath.......lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.........

Ok seriously, stop. How long does it take you to kill agnus in DMD? I kill that .....B..in less than 30 seconds. Just move forward use gilgamesh, use deep impact, when dante hits with second hit during deep impact, DT. And repeat. The fight should take no less than 30 seconds. Once agnus tries to do his special (which takes your health and heals) just attack with rebellion and hit him with a basic brb and mix it with yamato slash and jump cancel if needed.

You need to breath...I think you must breath, or you'll die without oxygen...We all need it! It's cool, isn't it? Feel the life and air!

I was saying Lucifer works well against Agnus on Devil Hunter. I love using it against him. I played it on DMD a long time ago, so I really don't know how long I fought against him. Is that so important? If I take 15 minutes or die 1000 times against him...I fail to see your poijnt.

Then again, you told me you ignored me, so I'm now sad!