Guilty Gear X Devil May Cry

#11Rising_shadowPosted 3/19/2013 12:53:18 PM
Which still doesn't change the fact that Donte isn't even dog crap on Sol's feet.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#12IAmMC2Posted 3/19/2013 1:11:30 PM
As shallow as this game is I think Persona 4 Arena would be a better mashup for it.
---
PWB Fave five: Sheamus, ADR, Orton, Cesaro, Sandow
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#13SSJ5_Goku-SanPosted 3/19/2013 1:13:57 PM
smithkakarot posted...
But Dante is nowhere near Sol's level.

Dude, that does NOT matter. Have you ever heard of Power Creep power seep?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerCreepPowerSeep

There's been dozens of crossovers where people who have NO business fighting with the other are of equal match. Heck, in Jedah's ending in Capcom Fighting Evolution, Dante showed up in the end, that left heavy implications that he was about to face Jedah himself, and Jedah is even MORE powerful than Sol!

And if that's not enough, Akuma fought Asura to a stand still, which shouldn't happen seeing as Asura eats planet sized guys for breakfeast in one of his weaker forms. And Akuma managed to fight him in one of his stronger forms!

I'm sorry if I'm being aggressive, but I just hate that one of the reasons for people not wanting crossovers is because one character has shown more powerful feats than another. Many times in the crossovers, their feats have been discarded and the characters becomes equalized in power.

And if that's not good enough with you, there HAVE been times where the characters are weakened so that the others stand a chance. This happened in Mortal Kombat VS DC and in a crossover between Venom and Superman. So, Sol and the other GG cast could be weakened for the DMC cast.

Anyway OP, this idea would be awesome. It's quite honestly long overdue. Only problem would be the lack of characters on DMC's side. GG has quite a good amount of a cast.
#14syctheweilderPosted 3/19/2013 1:50:54 PM
IAmMC2 posted...
As shallow as this game is I think Persona 4 Arena would be a better mashup for it.

I think ATLUS v Arcsys would be a better match.
#15Rising_shadowPosted 3/19/2013 1:54:50 PM
Crossovers that severely limit characters are dumb. Sol's entire character is that of a being who's so powerful he can take out the entire cast of GG save for That Man and maybe Slayer but won't because he refuses to become a monster. The one time he relents is when That Man appears. Sol's entire crux is that of an ultimately powerful being who refuses to use his powers because he values life and his humanity even over the person he loved the most. If you put sol on the same tier as Donte or whatever other character you're reducing his character to some guy who likes to wander around and fight people.
---
#16Snipa_Wulf12Posted 3/19/2013 1:58:41 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Crossovers that severely limit characters are dumb. Sol's entire character is that of a being who's so powerful he can take out the entire cast of GG save for That Man and maybe Slayer but won't because he refuses to become a monster. The one time he relents is when That Man appears. Sol's entire crux is that of an ultimately powerful being who refuses to use his powers because he values life and his humanity even over the person he loved the most. If you put sol on the same tier as Donte or whatever other character you're reducing his character to some guy who likes to wander around and fight people.

...No body cares.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Trusty Patches...now 50% more trusty.-Lodiss
#17Rising_shadowPosted 3/19/2013 2:04:46 PM
Your body doesn't care? Maybe it's not ready for a real man, sonny boy.
---
#18Snipa_Wulf12Posted 3/19/2013 2:08:26 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Your body doesn't care? Maybe it's not ready for a real man, sonny boy.

Clever; nice play on spelling.

You're comment was the equivalent of the awkward little dance people do when they fall and embarrass their self. :3
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Trusty Patches...now 50% more trusty.-Lodiss
#19Rising_shadowPosted 3/19/2013 2:12:38 PM
I am comment? Son, that's as deep as the puddle of mud outside my building.
---
#20RetsuxDPosted 3/19/2013 2:27:49 PM(edited)
Rising_shadow posted...
I am comment? Son, that's as deep as the puddle of mud outside my building.

A bit of a tip:
When someone says "your" instead of "you're", they're being uneducate fools, but when someone says "you're" instead of "your" it is most likely a joke.

EX: Enjoy you're glitchy game.