Guilty Gear X Devil May Cry

#31zhaoyun99Posted 3/19/2013 8:02:10 PM
CLupula posted...
Are there enough Devil May Cry characters, though, to make this a viable crossover? I mean, I guess we could have Vergil in vanilla and Nelo Angelo form. Then, Trish, Lady, Arkham, Lucia, Nero, Credo, Sanctus, and Arius.

I guess you could have more characters if you separated some characters. Like making Gloria and Trish two characters. Same with Arkham and Jester.

But still, would that all be enough for a proper crossover, considering how many Guilty Gear characters there are?

You may see that GG have huge characters but not that much tbh. Also, the past DMCs and GG are pretty similar in term of dark and creepy medieval style even GG was in the future but it was either in the some dark place like Venom's stage, the Groove, Phantom City or Justice's stage. Not to mention they share pretty similar music style.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#32CLupulaPosted 3/19/2013 8:06:55 PM
I'm not disputing the backgrounds. Just the amount of Guilty Gear characters that would probably have to be cut to make the game even. I mean, I would assume the game would be limited to human-type characters, unless you want to start putting in DMC's giant-centaur demons and the like, which would unbalance the game.

And if you're removing Guilty Gear characters, it becomes a big question of who? I mean, I certainly don't want to lose Dizzy or Testament, even though they're not as important to the story as Sol or Ky.
#33Rising_shadowPosted 3/19/2013 8:44:30 PM
If you take into account Overture GG has plenty more characters. Overture alone introduced some half a dozen new characters. Between Sin, Izuna, Raven, Valentine, Paradigm, That Man showing up for more than a second for once...
And nobody would cut Dizzy. Not as important to the story, really? She's Ky's wife, Justice's daughter and maybe even Sol's and her existence pretty much sparks Overture's entire plot. Her existence as a half gear pretty much destroys the in universe perceptions of gears as malevolent demonic invaders.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#34syctheweilderPosted 3/19/2013 9:28:24 PM
Sol
Ky
Dizzy
Testament
Slayer

Dante
Vergil
Trish
Lady
Nero

For starters.
#35Orange00(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:22:00 PM
Well you can obviously add Sparda in to the mix, then some more humanoid demons. Maybe at least Nevan. I could see Berial and She-Viper work if they toned down they size a bit, cuz you know Potemkin is pretty huge character as well. Maybe some Marionette as a joke character and Blitz would be a beast.

i know i'm gonna get massacred for saying this but animefied Donte could be a good addition. I could see him as a kind of punky kid-type of character rivaling Chipp.

+ entire cast of DMC5 that's released simultaneously.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#36eraserdogPosted 3/20/2013 6:25:22 AM
syctheweilder posted...
Sol
Ky
Dizzy
Testament
Slayer

Dante
Vergil
Trish
Lady
Nero

For starters.

could add to the dmc roster since they have lees characters than gg

Mundus
Arkham/ Jester
Vergil/ Nelo Angelo
Sparda
Eva
Lucia
Seven Hells' Commander (http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Seven_Hells_of_the_Demon_Army)

so you would have 12 characters on both sides including an exclusive character for the game. Would have a total of 25 playable characters.
---
PSN: HUNTER7UP
HUNTERHEAVEN///
#37zhaoyun99Posted 3/20/2013 6:26:13 AM
CLupula posted...
I'm not disputing the backgrounds. Just the amount of Guilty Gear characters that would probably have to be cut to make the game even. I mean, I would assume the game would be limited to human-type characters, unless you want to start putting in DMC's giant-centaur demons and the like, which would unbalance the game.

And if you're removing Guilty Gear characters, it becomes a big question of who? I mean, I certainly don't want to lose Dizzy or Testament, even though they're not as important to the story as Sol or Ky.

Dizzy and Testament are not important? Dizzy was basically Justice's and Sol's daughter and the Commander class of Gear. A lot of characters had to face her outburst, Crow tried to capture her for future research. Sol also had to made her calm down from her outburst too. She's in fact a very important character. Just say that Noel Vermilion's role was basically Dizzy's role. And what in the hell that Testament was chosen by the writer for resurrecting Justice and a sub boss in the first place? And also Dizzy's Bodyguard even when she left for the Jelly Fish?
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#38GuiltyGear1682Posted 3/20/2013 10:28:03 AM
I'm a DMC and DmC fan, but as for Guilty Gear goes...

Guilty Gear wins in in my opinion :D
---
2013 Game Collections:
DmC && MGRising: Revenegence && MGS: Ground Zeroes
#39papayafeverPosted 3/20/2013 5:43:22 PM
Bridget, etc.
#40heartlesshero17Posted 3/20/2013 5:52:10 PM
Hell yeah. I'd also kill for a devil may cry style guilty gear. Sol is the man
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception