So, who is the main character of DMC4?

#1DevilTriggerSSSPosted 3/19/2013 7:38:36 AM
Is it Nero, or is it Dante?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjL2tMGmMdA
#2SHMYazooPosted 3/19/2013 7:42:54 AM
Nero. Why would you think it's Dante?

It's Capcom's version of Metal Gear Solid 2. At least they didn't bait & switch by putting Dante on the cover. They were honest about the crapstatic protagonist from the start.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#3Gogito4Posted 3/19/2013 8:07:10 AM
Nero. Dante is playable, but it's Nero's story.

Nero=Raiden.

Dante= Solid Snake.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#4produnerPosted 3/19/2013 8:28:59 AM
Nero is more of being the center of attention in the game, but the whole plot started by Dante, and he took things halfway to fix things up and guide Nero.

I'd say the game has both as main characters, but Dante's role was overshadowed by Nero, and he is supposed to develop and present Dante's personality, aside from having new game mechanics that devs thought that they don't fit Dante.
#5NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/19/2013 7:21:10 PM
I'm going to say both. It's Nero's story and it centers around him, but Dante is always there to give Nero the push that he needs. Kind of like the anime Yu Yu Hakusho. While the story is about Yusuke, it's also equally about his friends Kuwabara, Hiei and Kurama.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#6devak108Posted 3/19/2013 7:22:40 PM
Nero is the main character, but Dante plays a significant supporting role.
---
"You're entering a world of pain, son, we know this is your homework!"
#7Ink-RibbonPosted 3/19/2013 7:27:52 PM
It was a boring kid who thought he could beat everything and everyone...I can swear Nero comes straight from a Final Fantasy game...

Dante was a troll, a drunk and totally annoying in DMC 4. Capcom lost their mind with Dante's whole persona. They simply don't know what to do with him anymore.

Dante has no enemy able to make him being in danger, afraid of losing and so on...He is just overpowered, thus killing any chance of people being afraid about his life and fate.

Good thing that they made DmC and got rid of that.

Now, if they do DMC 5, hopefully they'll ignore Nero 100% ( like they did with DMC 2) and focus on Dante and his quest against the dark forces of hell. I can't wait! XD
#8NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/19/2013 7:31:04 PM
I kind of liked DMC 4 Dante. He was still his crazy self, but he knew when to be serious. Like right before when Credo died and asked Dante to look out for Kyrie and Nero, Dante kept him from hitting the ground and said that he'd "do it" and he sounded quite serious when he said it. And when Dante let Nero keep Yamato, saying "those gifts are the only kind worth giving."

I would've like to know more about Nero's back story, too.
---
#9ZeroX07Posted 3/19/2013 7:36:48 PM
What the hell? excuse me sir. You are ignorant. Here are 101 of the Original Dante

1) Dante doesnt drink.

If he does he drinks milk. Episode 1 of the anime which is cannon.

2) Dante is lazy, hence, looking like a drunk.

3) He is over-powered? Dude, Dante has yet to peek in power yet. So far nothing as pushed him to his limits yet. The only person was Vergil and that was because he was still young and didnt know about DT.

4) Dante is the most caring and nicest character that Capcom has ever created.

He has helped people without asking for money or even a thanks. He buys people clothes, food and ect (as long as you are in need of help).

He seems distant and cold sometimes because he doesnt anyone close to him because he doesnt want the people around him to be killed or tortured like his parents.

So now you know. Please stop making dull comments when you dont know what you are talking about.
#10NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/19/2013 7:45:34 PM
ZeroX07 posted...
What the hell? excuse me sir. You are ignorant. Here are 101 of the Original Dante

1) Dante doesnt drink.

If he does he drinks milk. Episode 1 of the anime which is cannon.

2) Dante is lazy, hence, looking like a drunk.

3) He is over-powered? Dude, Dante has yet to peek in power yet. So far nothing as pushed him to his limits yet. The only person was Vergil and that was because he was still young and didnt know about DT.

4) Dante is the most caring and nicest character that Capcom has ever created.

He has helped people without asking for money or even a thanks. He buys people clothes, food and ect (as long as you are in need of help).

He seems distant and cold sometimes because he doesnt anyone close to him because he doesnt want the people around him to be killed or tortured like his parents.

So now you know. Please stop making dull comments when you dont know what you are talking about.

^ This. This it what I loved about DMC Dante. He was a real hero who cared about his family and friends. When DMC Vergil fell over the cliff, DMC Dante reached out his hand to try and save his brother. DmC Dante (sorry fans of DmC, but it's true) was actually going to kill his own brother. His own flesh and blood. The last remaining member of his family DmC Dante was going to kill without a second thought. If Kat hadn't been there.......not to bash, but DmC Dante is not the kind of hero I want to look up to.
---