DmC is just not like the DMC anymore...

#41NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/22/2013 5:21:33 PM
CirOnn posted...
Triguns Vash posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Mediocrity "rocks" now?

According to DmC fans, yes.

What is the idea of fun for DMC fans? Bumping the boards for a game they hate for 2 months?

Sounds like a blast.

I think people see in DmC what is truly inside themselves, like a reflection. If they hate the game, they hate themselves.

Go ahead guys, have a good cry. Let it all out. Poppa is here for you.

I'm particularly neutral to the feud (except against a few arrogant users, you guys should crush them), since I vowed to re-play the older DMC games... But this post made me lol.

A good way to get reacquainted with the first three DMC games (if you have a Gameshark and PS2) is to play DMC 1, 2 and 3 with Gameshark cheat codes. Then, once you practice more and get better at pulling off combos, you can turn the cheat codes off and trying testing your skills without the Gameshark.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#42CirOnnPosted 3/22/2013 5:29:09 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
CirOnn posted...
Triguns Vash posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Mediocrity "rocks" now?

According to DmC fans, yes.

What is the idea of fun for DMC fans? Bumping the boards for a game they hate for 2 months?

Sounds like a blast.

I think people see in DmC what is truly inside themselves, like a reflection. If they hate the game, they hate themselves.

Go ahead guys, have a good cry. Let it all out. Poppa is here for you.

I'm particularly neutral to the feud (except against a few arrogant users, you guys should crush them), since I vowed to re-play the older DMC games... But this post made me lol.

A good way to get reacquainted with the first three DMC games (if you have a Gameshark and PS2) is to play DMC 1, 2 and 3 with Gameshark cheat codes. Then, once you practice more and get better at pulling off combos, you can turn the cheat codes off and trying testing your skills without the Gameshark.

I do. But I was thinking of getting the HD collection somewhere down the line this year (June, probably) TBH.

Maybe I should try the first on PS2 before buying the collection.
#43Pesmerga255Posted 3/22/2013 5:31:59 PM
CirOnn posted...

The PS2 version of DMC1 has wonky controls, the HD version fixes that by using the proper controls from the Japanese version of the game.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#44CirOnnPosted 3/22/2013 5:41:54 PM(edited)
Pesmerga255 posted...
CirOnn posted...

The PS2 version of DMC1 has wonky controls, the HD version fixes that by using the proper controls from the Japanese version of the game.

Then you'd say HD collection is good to go even for a beginner? I'm getting a bit nervous with all this talk that it's "almighty hard". I've beaten Demon's Souls, but it's a completely different kind of hard.

Btw, DMC3, chronologically speaking, is before DMC1 and 2? If so, maybe I can play it first in the PS2 and get the collection after, based on my impressions. Of course, if it' doesn't have wonky controls... It's a no-no in hack n' slash. If that is the case...
#45Ink-RibbonPosted 3/22/2013 5:42:51 PM
CirOnn posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
CirOnn posted...

Then you'd say HD collection is good to go even for a beginner? I'm getting a bit nervous with all this talk that it's "almighty hard". I've beaten Demon's Souls, but it's a completely different kind of hard.

Btw, DMC3, chronologically speaking, is before DMC1 and 2? If so, maybe I can play it first in the PS2 and get the collection after, based on my impressions. Of course, if it' doesn't have wonky controls... It's a no-no in hack n' slash. If that is case.

Yes, DMC 3 works as a prequel, happening before all the other games...

I think you should buy the HD collection, starting by DMC 1, though. It's weird playing DMC 3 and then playing DMC 1. You'll feel somehow strange...XD
#46RetsuxDPosted 3/22/2013 8:15:03 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
CirOnn posted...

The PS2 version of DMC1 has wonky controls

No, you have wonky controls.

Just kidding, but the triangle/circle combination actually doesn't feel bad at all, it just sucks that it's different from every other action game out there, so it takes a while to get used to switching constantly between triangle to X and circle to whatever else.
#47caffiend7Posted 3/22/2013 9:01:23 PM
For all his achievements, man is still capable of such depravity. Still driven by such cruel impulses. I know it is your instinct to test the limits. Still, I find it... pitiful
#48KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/22/2013 9:09:33 PM
caffiend7 posted...
For all his achievements, man is still capable of such depravity. Still driven by such cruel impulses. I know it is your instinct to test the limits. Still, I find it... pitiful

Goddamn, I have so much on my mind right now that I'm drawing a blank, WHAT IS THIS FROM!?
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#49caffiend7Posted 3/22/2013 9:51:35 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
caffiend7 posted...

Goddamn, I have so much on my mind right now that I'm drawing a blank, WHAT IS THIS FROM!?

From MGR, call Bladewolf right after cutting off a civilians clothes
#50KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/22/2013 9:58:15 PM
caffiend7 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
caffiend7 posted...

From MGR, call Bladewolf right after cutting off a civilians clothes

Ahh, now I remember. Damn, Bladewolf was an awesome companion. Forget Metal Gears, cyborgs, nano machines, and all that other stuff. Just give me one of him and I'd be happy.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]