I wanna know how many pros actually played the original series

#121KirinreposePosted 3/21/2013 3:29:12 PM
I love how people try to defend DMC4 by saying it was "incomplete". Sure, the team may not have had the chance in finish it up, but it was still released. It being "incomplete" doesn't make it better. DMC4 was just only a step up from DMC2 (crap) while being far down away from DMC1 and DMC3.

The story and level designs are bad and the fact that Dante's mission (not story) is only to lead us back to where the game started while fighting bosses Nero couldn't kill (with the exception of that frog which was basically a clone) is a slap in the face.

The gameplay is pretty damn good. Capcom should have just released it as a Bloody Palace standalone if that's the only redeeming quality most people see.
---
(Central) Smash bros brawl FC: 4253-4628-8527 LION
Mario Kart: 3995-8082-7002
#122dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:26:45 PM(edited)
Kirinrepose posted...
I love how people try to defend DMC4 by saying it was "incomplete". Sure, the team may not have had the chance in finish it up, but it was still released. It being "incomplete" doesn't make it better. DMC4 was just only a step up from DMC2 (crap) while being far down away from DMC1 and DMC3.

The story and level designs are bad and the fact that Dante's mission (not story) is only to lead us back to where the game started while fighting bosses Nero couldn't kill (with the exception of that frog which was basically a clone) is a slap in the face.

The gameplay is pretty damn good. Capcom should have just released it as a Bloody Palace standalone if that's the only redeeming quality most people see.

Everything you said was somewhat agreeable when looked at subjectively, but how are you going to say that the story and level designs are bad? I don't need to bring up DMC2's plot for comparison, and DMC1 had no plot aside from 'Stop your father's arch-nemesis', so really the only game's plot that can be considered better than DMC4 was DMC3, and whichever one is better is subjective.

Level designs? LEVEL DESIGNS? Are you telling me you prefer the singular, horror-ish mansion levels of DMC1, the singular, gothic levels of DMC2, or the singular, sealed tower levels of DMC3 over the MANY varying levels in DMC4? I'm not bashing the other 3 games, but all the level designs of them were pretty much the same dark style throughout the respective game, but at least in DMC4 you go through Fortuna, The Mansion, the Forest, and the Lab, all of which had much better design and graphics & textures than the other game, obviously due to being on a newer gen console.

You can't discredit the level design because it sucks to have to backtrack through them all as Dante, that's got nothing to do with the actual design, that's more of a gameplay/plot thing.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=dillpickle61
#123TheSL1ClubPosted 3/21/2013 4:31:53 PM
More than half of the pros didn't play the originals, I so called that before I came in.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#124OracleGunnerPosted 3/21/2013 4:35:10 PM
Kirinrepose posted...

Because it was incomplete there was backtracking, because it was incomplete the bosses where repeated, and the environments are good I don't see your problem with them. And the story is miles above this one's.

Also to what game are you referring as a bloody palace standalone?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:0
#125TheSL1ClubPosted 3/21/2013 4:39:19 PM
Basically, incomplete game done good>complete game done bad, quality>quantity.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#126Ink-RibbonPosted 3/21/2013 4:49:37 PM
Kirinrepose posted...

I think you're my new hero...XD

But beware, you'll get some problems just because you stated the truth...
#127darkslayer001Posted 3/21/2013 6:50:37 PM(edited)
Kirinrepose posted...

it should be released as a bloody palace only if gameplay is only the redeeming quality most people see....BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE
the ONLY real flaw with DMC4 is that it had bactracking for Dante.
The boss design, gameplay, combat, graphics, VA, animations,etc...still rivals most HnS in the market. It is still a solid game, with solid characters, and a good plot and narrative. It didnt have P* games level of cheesiness and at the same time did not have the seriousness of Last of Us or Tomb Raider.
What people mean by incomplete is the story of Nero and Dante getting recycle levels.
#128NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/21/2013 6:44:15 PM
Kirinrepose posted...

But DMC 4 didn't have a ton of glitches (glitches were reported by people who bought, played and supported DmC, so it's not bashing the game. Sorry, no one likes a ton of glitches) In DMC 2, Dante's weapons were bland and kind of boring. There was nothing really flashy about it. DMC 4 Dante had a huge move set and (this is going to make me sound like a prude) there wasn't a ton of swearing. DMC Dante knows how to be cool without swearing all the time and giving the finger.

And Ninja Theory constantly sticking their finger in the eye of DMC fans really doesn't help. In fact, they were so busy mocking the DMC fan base, they forgot to show gratitude to the DmC fan base. The voice actor for DmC Dante giving the finger at the ending credits isn't exactly what you'd call humble. Most people think that arrogance is funny and cool........until they're on the receiving end of it.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#129ramzariotPosted 3/21/2013 6:47:28 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Kirinrepose posted...

But DMC 4 didn't have a ton of glitches (glitches were reported by people who bought, played and supported DmC, so it's not bashing the game. Sorry, no one likes a ton of glitches) In DMC 2, Dante's weapons were bland and kind of boring. There was nothing really flashy about it. DMC 4 Dante had a huge move set and (this is going to make me sound like a prude) there wasn't a ton of swearing. DMC Dante knows how to be cool without swearing all the time and giving the finger.

And Ninja Theory constantly sticking their finger in the eye of DMC fans really doesn't help. In fact, they were so busy mocking the DMC fan base, they forgot to show gratitude to the DmC fan base. The voice actor for DmC Dante giving the finger at the ending credits isn't exactly what you'd call humble. Most people think that arrogance is funny and cool........until they're on the receiving end of it.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92fguqCU91qgxy6bo1_400.jpg
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#130NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/21/2013 6:50:51 PM
ramzariot posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
Kirinrepose posted...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92fguqCU91qgxy6bo1_400.jpg

Sorry, I can't see the picture. What is it a picture of?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.