I wanna know how many pros actually played the original series

#61produnerPosted 3/20/2013 4:12:11 AM
Orange00 posted...
you're missing the point. This checklist is your creation. There is absolutely nothing objective about it. Creating these artificial boundaries just limits ones innovation. Different is not same as bad, so no, DmC is not a bad DMC game by some universal law.

of course your OPINION matters when trying to make money. But opinion of majority is not the same as fact.

I don't think that low frame rate, input lag, various frequent glitches, clunky controls and broken combat, are acceptable by the genre's standards, which were set early on by DMC. In short, the game is low in quality by video game's standards , not just as a DMC.

The bold texts is what DmC is doing. Innovation comes from improving and bringing new things, not removing them and dumping down the foundation of something. Most people create or follow their "checklist" , because they don't force themselves into something they don't like.
#62produnerPosted 3/20/2013 4:13:21 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
syctheweilder posted...
It is a fact that lock on allowed the player to focus their attacks on chosen targets.

It is also a fact that this feature was removed in DmC.

If you want to make the argument that an hack n slash without lock-on is a good design choice, go right ahead.

I want to hear this too

Inb4 some game did it and it works without it.
#63FireMage7777Posted 3/20/2013 4:20:35 AM
produner posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
syctheweilder posted...
It is a fact that lock on allowed the player to focus their attacks on chosen targets.

If you want to make the argument that an hack n slash without lock-on is a good design choice, go right ahead.

I want to hear this too

Inb4 some game did it and it works without it.

Inb4 that game isn't a DMC game
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 22
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#64Orange00Posted 3/20/2013 4:25:46 AM(edited)
syctheweilder posted...

yes i agree. It's a feature i miss too

still doesn't prove anything. It's just one feature against dozens of subjective features.. Even if it was somehow fact that DmC was worse than DMC. It wouldn't necessarily mean it's a bad game just because it loses to the best.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#65FireMage7777Posted 3/20/2013 4:40:31 AM
Orange00 posted...
syctheweilder posted...

yes i agree. It's a feature i miss too

still doesn't prove anything. It's just one feature against dozens of subjective features.. Even if it was somehow fact that DmC was worse than DMC. It wouldn't necessarily mean it's a bad game just because it loses to the best.

Somehow fact, LOL. The game has numerous flaws when looked at objectively
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 22
#66DuuuDe14Posted 3/20/2013 4:41:06 AM
You just buried yourself.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#67produnerPosted 3/20/2013 4:45:29 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
You just buried yourself.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MMyXttrHW7Q/T_1ubD4NAuI/AAAAAAAAB04/8PV-4vMNqVE/s320/spongebob.gif
#68Orange00Posted 3/20/2013 4:48:41 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#69FireMage7777Posted 3/20/2013 4:55:21 AM
Orange00 posted...
F*** this. This is not going anywhere. Again these things are from your checklist. What about casual hack n slashers checklist? For him having no lock-on might be better, having DmCs weapon swap-sys might be better. His way of seeing this is wrong I suppose, because you're of higher meaning thus your opinion is a fact.

Someone could say platforming elements beat 10x endless corridor running as your pass time between fights. one can say platforming got no place in hack n slash. But shooting things does? Yes. because it's in your checklist.

First, clean up that censor dodge. Objectively they aren't better. Key word: Ob-jec-tive-ly
---
#70produnerPosted 3/20/2013 5:00:36 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Orange00 posted...
F*** this. This is not going anywhere. Again these things are from your checklist. What about casual hack n slashers checklist? For him having no lock-on might be better, having DmCs weapon swap-sys might be better. His way of seeing this is wrong I suppose, because you're of higher meaning thus your opinion is a fact.

Someone could say platforming elements beat 10x endless corridor running as your pass time between fights. one can say platforming got no place in hack n slash. But shooting things does? Yes. because it's in your checklist.

First, clean up that censor dodge. Objectively they aren't better. Key word: Ob-jec-tive-ly

Red sun over paradise~~~