Lol. Dmc is 40 bucks at gamestop.

#41RetsuxDPosted 3/21/2013 1:13:58 PM
EventualDecline posted...
I said in my last post that this is a "good" game. Allow me to change that: It's a "great" game. The gameplay is the same as the old DMC games, the graphics are some of the best I've ever seen (I honestly don't see how some of you guys don't appreciate the graphics in this game), and the story is fantastic. You want a crappy story, look no further than DMC1. And I love DMC1, but that game's story was laughable.

DmC's conspiracy plot is actually really damn good, criticizing everything from Fox News to Goldman Sachs and energy drinks, etc. Did the old games have interesting themes and social criticism like that? No. I think one problem here is that a lot of the fanboys have no clue about some of the themes that this game is touching upon, and are simply confused. "Terrible" hardly describes this plot of this game.

PS. The irony here is that I actually agree with the fanboys that it's stupid that they changed Dante's character model. That didn't change the quality of the game though, and it doesn't change the fact that the game is terrific.

Stop it dude, I'm laughing so much my sides are leaving this plane of existence.
#42ramzariotPosted 3/21/2013 1:17:52 PM(edited)
I understand, enjoy and use humour and sarcasm but I just don't know if some posts are in that vein or not.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#43StrelokPosted 3/21/2013 1:58:34 PM
It's like religious fanaticism.
Sometimes it's just impossible to tell if someone really is that big of a bigot, or if they are doing a parody.

When the over the top parody is indistinguishable from the actual thing it starts to scare me.

Excuse me, I'm going to cower under my bed.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#44EventualDeclinePosted 3/21/2013 2:10:15 PM
Strelok posted...
It's like religious fanaticism.
Sometimes it's just impossible to tell if someone really is that big of a bigot, or if they are doing a parody.

When the over the top parody is indistinguishable from the actual thing it starts to scare me.

Excuse me, I'm going to cower under my bed.

Who are you referring to here?
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#45StrelokPosted 3/21/2013 2:23:52 PM
EventualDecline.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#46Edward_R_MurrowPosted 3/21/2013 2:27:53 PM
EventualDecline posted...
DmC's conspiracy plot is actually really damn good, criticizing everything from Fox News to Goldman Sachs and energy drinks, etc. Did the old games have interesting themes and social criticism like that? No. I think one problem here is that a lot of the fanboys have no clue about some of the themes that this game is touching upon, and are simply confused. "Terrible" hardly describes this plot of this game.

I don't think you understand how thematic elements work and are well implemented. Any themes touched upon in this game are done so in a manner that's as shallow as a yellow puddle on the floor of a frat house.

How does this game "criticize" News Corporation, Goldman, or sugary drinks? They're demons. That's it. The game quite literally demonizes them. How terribly interesting.....

And any other themes like whether freedom is a net positive for humanity, or whether heritage determines one's character are only briefly hinted at in a few scenes only to be passed aside for more expository dialogue about why NEFLOOMS are the only ones who can kill MountainDewtus. They don't build on any of the themes, just shuffling the player character from one set piece to another.

Funny enough, the original DMC series did a lot better job at drilling home the theme that being a delmon/delmonic creation does not make one necessarily evil. Almosdt every hero comes from some sort of demonic background, and from 2 onwards the primary enemies are not demons but humans tempted by power who forsake their humanity.

Not terribly deep in any way, but a lot more fleshed out than anything in the mess that is Dig my Cojones.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#47Malus_X6Posted 3/21/2013 3:34:35 PM
I'm sorry, but what alternate universe are some of you people from? It must be a really f***ed-up one if you think Enslaved and/or DmC is any good.

Speaking of alternate universes, I oughtta find where they cracks are so I can seal them. We can't leave these things be, lest our universe rips itself apart. I'm rather attached to this one, ya know.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#48ramzariotPosted 3/21/2013 3:39:28 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Speaking of alternate universes, I oughtta find where they cracks are so I can seal them. We can't leave these things be, lest our universe rips itself apart. I'm rather attached to this one, ya know.

No, leave it. I'm interested in seeing whether I can tell the difference.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#49OracleGunnerPosted 3/21/2013 3:42:43 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
I'm sorry, but what alternate universe are some of you people from? It must be a really f***ed-up one if you think Enslaved and/or DmC is any good.

Hey at this rate we might end up in an alternate universe with giant super robots fighting aliens and demons.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:0
#50Malus_X6Posted 3/21/2013 3:49:22 PM(edited)
Come on. If you're in a universe that's going to be torn apart, you don't get sent to a new one, you go with it. There are NO instances when any universes meld together. Do you have ANY idea how disastrous it can be? It's one thing to cross these rifts, but it's another for entire planes to combine. It doesn't happen!
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI