Please Tell Me This Gets Better...

#11produnerPosted 3/20/2013 11:53:15 PM
Trade after the bob Boss session.
#12IamthekuzalolPosted 3/21/2013 12:36:31 AM
Just trade it away, it will only get much worse.
#13KyryloPosted 3/21/2013 1:45:26 AM
if you feel like it after 4th chapter, end makes you scream in terror and bash your head on the table.
#14jjesurreyPosted 3/21/2013 2:42:38 AM
Playing through and I got a question. Didint obtain this c'rap brand new by the way (bought 2nd hand) and without sounding like an uncopromising fan of the old series, it really is making me cringe with the 'new-take' on the characters now I have the pleasure of playing in person.

# Spoilers # <Possibly>

How come in the beginning when Dante gets pulled into Limbo an Kat tells him that if he was to shoot her she'd die. Then later when he gets pulled through into Limbo and all the swat guys turn up and are laying the smack down on Kat in the real world he cant do anything?? Did I miss something?!?!

I'll see this through to the end for completions sake, but I wont be holding onto this, no chance. I'll part exchange again and let some other poor soul sit through it out of curiosity.

I dont like ANYONE in the game :-( and Dante seems like the kinda d'ck head that I try to avoid making eye contact with in the real world.
Say what you will about his previous incarnations, but whether it was DMC3, DMC4, DMC1, heck even 2' he was likeable at worst, fun and kick-ass to play as at best.

Combat isnt awful, but it isnt fun and feels sluggish. In comparison I am having a lot of fun with MG: RIsing, not flawless, but fun to play and makes me smile whilst fighting the bosses. I'll be hanging onto that and think that they'll be the odd occassion even when I'm temporarily bored with it I'll be pulling it out for a play a couple months down the line
#15Some_HoarPosted 3/21/2013 3:14:07 AM
how did it get confusing due to there being so many weapons by the 4th mission when you'll only have 3 of the weapons at that point
---
Bald_Money posted...
How many alternate accounts does Some_Hoar have? From the look of things, it's something like 6.
#16ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/21/2013 4:12:19 AM
jjesurrey posted...
Playing through and I got a question. Didint obtain this c'rap brand new by the way (bought 2nd hand) and without sounding like an uncopromising fan of the old series, it really is making me cringe with the 'new-take' on the characters now I have the pleasure of playing in person.

# Spoilers # <Possibly>

How come in the beginning when Dante gets pulled into Limbo an Kat tells him that if he was to shoot her she'd die. Then later when he gets pulled through into Limbo and all the swat guys turn up and are laying the smack down on Kat in the real world he cant do anything?? Did I miss something?!?!

2shakespearean4u
#17RayconPosted 3/21/2013 4:37:56 AM
jjesurrey posted...

# Spoilers # <Possibly>

That consistency...
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#18Psychochild27Posted 3/21/2013 5:11:47 AM

At one point they explain that she's able to see and interact with things in Limbo as a piece of her soul is being astrally projected there or something like that unlike the SWAT team. I still don't understand exactly how she can get around and keep up with Dante when Limbo starts manipulating the environment to stretch things out and all that jazz, but there you go.

And yeah, it doesn't get better. Game peaks at mission 11, everything else is downhill from there. Right now you have the weapons you'll be using the most as Aquila is much more a support weapon and the Shotgun isn't anything special. Enemies won't be getting much better and by about mission 16, the game shifts from throwing easy enemies at you to being annoying because they keep throwing the most tedious enemies at you in nearly every other wave. Fallens are okay at best when they show up in DMC3, but you don't need to see them every fight. DmC meanwhile is perfectly content to do the equivalent of just that.
#19jjesurreyPosted 3/21/2013 5:34:58 AM
Raycon posted...
jjesurrey posted...

# Spoilers # <Possibly>

That consistency...

LoL - :-D - ... Yeah, my suspicions regarding the excellent shakespearian dialogue were first aroused when Vergil claimed he had a 'bigger dick' than Dante (yep I'm there now)

A really missed opportunity in the previous games, how much more I would have taken to Vergil being a cool villian if he had said something like that before his final fight with Dante in DMC3

Jeez'

Y'know I can kinda understand this game gaining fans from people who dont really pay much attention to whats going on around them, or have even never played a DMC game before.
Somewhere out there there is someone/s thinks this game is really edgy and relevant, a good game and theyre over the moon with it = I'm happy for them.

But someone who was actually bothered to invest time with how Devil May Cry games played and ( ( oh, even though less gritty and more anime inspired ) ) what its storyline and characters were all about.. I dont see how they can say they are happy with how this turned out