Another new DmC video from Sessler

#271RetsuxDPosted 3/23/2013 12:44:58 PM
lel shatterstar
#272FijianBadAzzPosted 3/23/2013 12:52:01 PM
Besides the cutscenes, aren't most of the actual game physics more realistic in the DMC series compared to DmC? The way Donte's gravity works just seems strange to me especially after jump cancels, where as Dante seems to follow more real world physics, except for moves like Air Raid, Vortex and aerial rave.
#273SiLVeR_420Posted 3/23/2013 12:54:03 PM
Dat back pedaling Shatter.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#274Dathrowed1Posted 3/23/2013 1:29:10 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
i didnt quite fully understand what you meant in your post, but from what i can gather, he could'nt protect his mother, which was the only thing left in his life, so he got fixated on getting more power, adding to that, his feeling of being inferior when Dante beat him, thus reducing his self-esteem and his impulsive move to fight Mundus, even after he took a beating from his younger brother and eventually becomes corrupted. He is just broken plain and simple.I dont think he sees his father as a role model, but rather a powerful warrior and the need/pressure to match his might since he is his son.
All of these are human behaviors fyi.
The only difference between Vergil and Dante is that Dante just basically ignored all that pain and refused to face reality unlike Vergil.
i dont think it has anything to do with his humanity or demon heritage.

He had his twin brother around who shows him love at the end of the game. His character was already fleshed out in DMC3. He makes it clear he wants to be more like his father so in a way he does see him as a role model. He also wants to do whatever it takes to get rid of his humanity because of the cliche "humanity is weakness" common in Japanese media where human hybrids exist. His whole humanity is weak and "power" is everything makes him a piece of cardboard. The chances to give him depth were missed opportunities. It's most telling when Dante asks him what are he's going to do with all that power and Vergil responds by saying Dante needs to shut up. Instead we are given "humans are weak; Power is everything" from him so his fans have to give him a little more depth. I also wouldn't say Dante refused to face reality, otherwise there would be no series if he did.
---
sig
#275MixorzPosted 3/23/2013 1:53:20 PM
I don't know why people got so attached to old Dante and his white hair. Anime in general appeals to like 15 year olds and under. I've been to Japan and you never see anyone older than 15 reading Manga and watching anime.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#276Dathrowed1Posted 3/23/2013 1:55:20 PM
Mixorz posted...
I don't know why people got so attached to old Dante and his white hair. Anime in general appeals to like 15 year olds and under. I've been to Japan and you never see anyone older than 15 reading Manga and watching anime.

My friend actually told me that liking manga and being an adult in Japan is frowned upon.
---
sig
#277MixorzPosted 3/23/2013 1:57:22 PM
Dathrowed1 posted...
Mixorz posted...

My friend actually told me that liking manga and being an adult in Japan is frowned upon.

Well for good reason.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#278RetsuxDPosted 3/23/2013 2:34:28 PM
Mixorz posted...

Or, you could just play the games.
#279ZeroX07Posted 3/23/2013 2:47:49 PM
Lol.....oh...Shatterstar.

I have a job, and people to take care of. I just finished eating a wonderful meal with my family. And right now, as im relaxing and drinking a nice beverage. I still have time to spread the hate towards something that i find to be an abomination upon our existence. So excuse me if i want this game to be viewed or thought of "as a mistake or a waste of money."

And where the hell were you guys hours ago? I leave to do "grownass man" responsibilities and i come back and "boom!" Conversations occur without my presence.
#280FireMage7777Posted 3/23/2013 2:55:13 PM
Mixorz posted...
Dathrowed1 posted...
Mixorz posted...

Well for good reason.

KOTC Worst Post Of The Day Award
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 24
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/