If Devil May Cry 5 had been made and concluded the story of the series...

#1Zora_PrincePosted 3/23/2013 5:42:01 PM
...would you have been as upset by this reboot? Even a little bit less upset? At least the series you loved got an ending.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/23/2013 5:49:55 PM
Yes, because DmC is still a crap game.
#3RayconPosted 3/23/2013 5:51:46 PM
My issue was not so much the game received an overhaul (always felt DMC as a whole was a bit unfocused and could have benefitted from a reboot that told a more cohesive tale while maintaining a setting and characters in-line with the previous games), but the terrible direction they took it (subjective, admittedly). The main character was as far removed from likeable as humanly (ha) possible, and what characters weren't awful were either boring or just utterly uninteresting. Not to mention the sheer level of angst hardwired into the "fight the system" plot was a bit overwhelming.

I can't say for sure whether I would hate it any less, but I wouldn't like it any more.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#4ZeroX91Posted 3/23/2013 5:53:33 PM(edited)
If it filled all plot holes and tied up all loose threads? Nope I wouldn't even feel the need to bother with this "spinoff".
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#5Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:06:01 PM
Had to log out to see who I'm blocking in this topic....Screaming Midget...Yep, definitely not changing that anytime soon.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#6CirOnnPosted 3/23/2013 7:07:12 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
Had to log out to see who I'm blocking in this topic....Screaming Midget...Yep, definitely not changing that anytime soon.

Sorry, but I laughed and I needed to say I did.
#7Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:07:24 PM
Raycon posted...
My issue was not so much the game received an overhaul (always felt DMC as a whole was a bit unfocused and could have benefitted from a reboot that told a more cohesive tale while maintaining a setting and characters in-line with the previous games), but the terrible direction they took it (subjective, admittedly). The main character was as far removed from likeable as humanly (ha) possible, and what characters weren't awful were either boring or just utterly uninteresting. Not to mention the sheer level of angst hardwired into the "fight the system" plot was a bit overwhelming.

I can't say for sure whether I would hate it any less, but I wouldn't like it any more.

See, I think it's tragic that the whole situation had to be this way. I'd love to see more of this universe. I'd love to see this story develop. The world is interesting. The concept is interesting. The combat, while not classic DmC, is a solid combat system with great platforming and environments. The game has soul, and more soul than most games.

I'd like both DMC5 and DmC2.
---
#8CykloneTigerPosted 3/23/2013 7:16:38 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
...would you have been as upset by this reboot? Even a little bit less upset? At least the series you loved got an ending.

Not upset at all. As long as the various loose ends were all tied up and everything, I would've been satisfied. A reboot at that point would've sparked some interest, but knowing what I know now about DmC, I would've been like, "meh".
---
I like what I do, I do what I like
I can quit and get it back like I'm ridin' a bike
#9IAmMC2Posted 3/23/2013 7:55:47 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
Raycon posted...

See, I think it's tragic that the whole situation had to be this way. I'd love to see more of this universe. I'd love to see this story develop. The world is interesting. The concept is interesting. The combat, while not classic DmC, is a solid combat system with great platforming and environments. The game has soul, and more soul than most games.

I'd like both DMC5 and DmC2.

Ideally both series could continue so everyone could be happy, but this is Capcom and we all know they don't compromise.
---
PWB Fave five: Sheamus, ADR, Orton, Cesaro, Sandow
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#10NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/23/2013 7:57:38 PM
Not to sound rude or anything, but if a proper DMC 5 had been created and properly concluded, and then DmC had been made, I wouldn't have paid attention to it.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.