Topic for DmC supporters.

#1NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/23/2013 7:54:45 PM
For the people who support DmC, what did you like about DmC?

Discuss and list your reasons.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#2syctheweilderPosted 3/23/2013 8:01:00 PM
inb4inkribbon
#3NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:03:21 PM
syctheweilder posted...
inb4inkribbon

Oh, you. :P

This really is a real topic, though. It's not bait or anything. I know that people who like DmC have probably already posted their reasons, but here's another thread to do it in.
---
#4JanneDaArc135Posted 3/23/2013 8:10:57 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
syctheweilder posted...
inb4inkribbon

This really is a real topic, though. It's not bait or anything. I know that people who like DmC have probably already posted their reasons, but here's another thread to do it in.

It sucks that the mods took down your fanfic. I kind of liked it >.<
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou:PCB. Engaged in an endless death match with Yukari. PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#5NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:15:07 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
syctheweilder posted...
inb4inkribbon

It sucks that the mods took down your fanfic. I kind of liked it >.<

Thank you. And yeah, considering all the other crazy topics on this board, I was a little surprised that it got taken down. Well, spilt milk, I suppose. Oddly enough, my story got taken down despite having DmC in it. I thought for sure the DmC supporters would've at least read it a little.

But I did write another story on the DMC 4 board, plus another story in progress. It's called, The Misadventures in Fatherhood. Season 1 is complete, season 2 is still in progress. :)
---
#6RD_21Posted 3/23/2013 8:18:07 PM
To be honest, most of what I like about this game is what you all hate. I like the combat, the action, the music, the level design, the attitude, the dialogue that is a mix between serious and silly. But then again the game is not a 10, I like the game and I gave you my reason as to why I like it.

Now you can all ridicule me for liking something you hate and tell me I am wrong and an horrible human being.
#7NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:20:35 PM
RD_21 posted...
To be honest, most of what I like about this game is what you all hate. I like the combat, the action, the music, the level design, the attitude, the dialogue that is a mix between serious and silly. But then again the game is not a 10, I like the game and I gave you my reason as to why I like it.

Now you can all ridicule me for liking something you hate and tell me I am wrong and an horrible human being.

Not at all. You like what you like. Not going to bash you for it. Like I said, this isn't a bait topic.
---
#8RD_21Posted 3/23/2013 8:22:29 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
RD_21 posted...

Not at all. You like what you like. Not going to bash you for it. Like I said, this isn't a bait topic.

Sorry, didn't meant you would, but I am sure most will as they always call the writing terrible, say the story is bad or the combat is bad, so me liking what they think is factually bad makes me a target.
#9NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:24:59 PM
RD_21 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
RD_21 posted...

Sorry, didn't meant you would, but I am sure most will as they always call the writing terrible, say the story is bad or the combat is bad, so me liking what they think is factually bad makes me a target.

I see. Hmm...still not many DmC supporters posting I here. Thought for sure there'd be more replies from pros by now.
---
#10CirOnnPosted 3/23/2013 8:31:09 PM
I'll quote myself since I made a good summarized version of my overall opinion in another topic:

"I don't consider myself a "pro", since I never played the older games. I just happened to like this one. The reasons I could give I already gave in an older topic, but in a summary: I like the parallel that the game makes that big companies and enterprises are evil; the hints towards the New World Order (Iluminatti) being demons controlling the economy and the politics; The actual story (and character) of Dante is pretty mediocre, but I found the sibling rivalry to be entertaining and kept me moving forward.

The secondary characters are never really fleshed out, which is a shame, since Vergil and Kat are actually more charismatic than Dante. Vergil for being a guy with good intentions but a wrong mindset; Kat for being sympathetic and having an abusive background which she managed to overcome. I'd also like to see the extension of her abilities as well.

Limbo is beautiful, the surrealistic visuals appeals a lot to me and I love the vibrant colors, even if some may argue that the palette revolves around "red and blue", which is ultimately the theme of the Nephilim and the game, so it doesn't really bother me.

The gameplay is mediocre to average. I consider the game good, nothing great nor excellent, nor blatantly horrible. That being said, I plan on taking on the older games and revisiting this one sometime in the future. I also don't take away the reasons for (and actually understand) why people might not like this or disagree with me."