Topic for DmC supporters.

#21Qwesar23464Posted 3/23/2013 10:59:31 PM(edited)
NostalgiaRules posted...
Weird how the topics that are truly civil and aren't bait topics attract the least amount of posters...either that or I need to give this thread more time. :P

Well, that's easy. If you actually compare the posts in the topics, it makes sense. Here's an oversimplification.

Poster 1: I like this and here's why.
Poster 2: I dislike this and here's why.
Poster 1: Let's agree to disagree.
Poster 2: Agreed.
/topic

Poster 1: I like this and will state such with a holier than thou attitude.
Poster 2: I will pick apart your statement while making passive-aggresive insults at you because of your attitude.
Poster 1: I will use your insults as return fodder to indirectly attack you and your opinions.
repeat ad nauseam with additional input by those that feel slighted by such posters snipes and jabs.

Also has the unfortunate side effect of making both sides look like ninnies since the sensible ones are ignored, as they are not a "threat", in a sense.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#22NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:23:18 PM(edited)
Qwesar23464 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
Weird how the topics that are truly civil and aren't bait topics attract the least amount of posters...either that or I need to give this thread more time. :P

Well, that's easy. If you actually compare the posts in the topics, it makes sense. Here's an oversimplification.

/topic

Poster 2: I will pick apart your statement while making passive-aggresive insults at you because of your attitude.
Poster 1: I will use your insults as return fodder to indirectly attack you and your opinions.
repeat ad nauseam with additional input by those that feel slighted by such posters snipes and jabs.

Also has the unfortunate side effect of making both sides look like ninnies since the sensible ones are ignored sense they are not a "threat", in a sense.

Yeah. Not to toot my own horn, but there have been times when I have been polite and civil, but it still gets taken the wrong way. But it's been rare. Mostly because I did a lot of homework on this game first before joining. And while I do not like DmC at all, I'm careful not to refer to the characters as "Donte" and "Vorgil." But I do understand the frustrations of the antis. When this whole fiasco started, they probably all started out as patient and polite. But they were rewarded with constant taunts and insults. Tameem added fuel to the fire by being extremely rude and unprofessional.

So, while it may seem like the antis are "childish and immune to change," they probably started out as nice. But when they got nasty remarks by both DmC supporters AND Ninja Theory (very unprofessional on a gaming company's part), niceness went out the window and the gloves came off.

In simpler terms, if you keep backing an animal into a corner and constantly poking it with a stick, eventually, it is going to fight back roughly and you'll mostly likely end up getting bitten hard. Not calling the antis animals, but I think everyone understands the point.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#23Qwesar23464Posted 3/23/2013 11:25:36 PM(edited)
NostalgiaRules posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

/topic

Also has the unfortunate side effect of making both sides look like ninnies since the sensible ones are ignored sense they are not a "threat", in a sense.

Yeah. Not to toot my own horn, but there have been times when I have been polite and civil, but it still gets taken the wrong way. But it's been rare. Mostly because I did a lot of homework on this game first before joining. And while I do not like DmC at all, I'm careful not to refer to the characters as "Donte" and "Vorgil." But I do understand the frustrations of the antis. When this whole fiasco started, they probably all started out as patient and polite. But they were rewarded with constant taunts and insults. Tameem added fuel to the fire by being extremely rude and unprofessional.

So, while it may seem like the antis are "childish and immune to change," they probably started out as nice. But when they got nasty remarks by both DmC supporters AND Ninja Theory (very unprofessional on a gaming companies part), niceness went out the window and the gloves came off.

In simpler terms, if you keep backing an animal into a corner and constantly poking it with a stick, eventually, it is going to fight back roughly and you'll mostly likely end up getting bitten hard. Not calling the antis animals, but I think everyone understands the point.

Would like to note that I am an anti myself, though I have switched sides since I started on this board (I grew to detest the game with time.) And yes, misinterpretation does happen and it's completely understandable why it happens. Anonymity not only allows you to say things that you would never say in a face-to-face conversation thanks to the inability for the affected party to be able to noticeably impact your life, but also to far more easily lie and pretend you have views you truly do not thanks to the lack of cues such as movements or tone. Can't keep your guard down if you do not know if the other party is trying to deceive you.

I always did find anonymous mentality weird. While more often than not, it can be considered fun and games and is far more harmless than any conceived notions (words are only words, after all.) The drastic change in morals and personality can be truly staggering at times.

Ah, but I am getting off subject. To anyone who truly likes this game, I am glad that you enjoyed it and had a good time.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#24NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:30:33 PM
Qwesar23464 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

/topic

So, while it may seem like the antis are "childish and immune to change," they probably started out as nice. But when they got nasty remarks by both DmC supporters AND Ninja Theory (very unprofessional on a gaming companies part), niceness went out the window and the gloves came off.

Would like to note that I am an anti myself, though I have switched sides since I started on this board (I grew to detest the game with time.) And yes, misinterpretation does happen and it's completely understandable why it happens. Anonymity not only allows you to say things that you would never say in a face-to-face conversation thanks to the inability for the affected party to be able to noticeably impact your life, but also to far more easily lie and pretend you have views you truly do not thanks to the lack of cues such as movements or tone. Can't keep your guard down if you do not know if the other party is trying to deceive you.

I always did find anonymous mentality weird. While more often than not, it can be considered fun and games and is far more harmless than any conceived notions (words are only words, after all.) The drastic change in morals and personality can be truly staggering at times.

Ah, but I am getting off subject. To anyone who truly likes this game, I am glad that you enjoyed it and had a good time.

Yeah. Another HUGE mistake NT made was over hyping DmC. Since this was their first shot at rebooting a beloved franchise (that I know of, anyway), they shouldn't have poked fun at the fans and a little humbleness wouldn't have hurt none, either. This thread keeps getting off topic, but it's still remaining quite civil. XD
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#25darkness1018Posted 3/24/2013 1:00:34 AM
I like the setting, characters, voices, attitude of Dante, story, gameplay, level design. I went into DmC as a day 1 fan of DMC and it came out being my second fav in the series behind 3 but having my fav story of the series. I like both versions of Dante and just so every gets what they want i HOPE we get bot DMC 5 and DmC 2.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#26KyryloPosted 3/24/2013 2:27:06 AM
darkness1018 posted...
I like the setting, characters, voices, attitude of Dante, story, gameplay, level design. I went into DmC as a day 1 fan of DMC and it came out being my second fav in the series behind 3 but having my fav story of the series. I like both versions of Dante and just so every gets what they want i HOPE we get bot DMC 5 and DmC 2.

not gonna happen. DMC is dead.
#27OracleGunnerPosted 3/24/2013 4:09:25 AM
Qwesar23464 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

/topic

Also has the unfortunate side effect of making both sides look like ninnies since the sensible ones are ignored, as they are not a "threat", in a sense.

*drops glasses* mother of god. you have just managed to resume 98% of all the topics in both boards well done sir well done
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#28StrelokPosted 3/24/2013 5:49:49 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

/topic

So, while it may seem like the antis are "childish and immune to change," they probably started out as nice. But when they got nasty remarks by both DmC supporters AND Ninja Theory (very unprofessional on a gaming company's part), niceness went out the window and the gloves came off.

True, you push enough and eventually someone pushes back. Some push back sooner than others.
I have a huge tolerance for insults. After all, I worked at the helpdesk of an ISP and right now I have two jobs, working at the bar we own (Mostly administrative but it needs to be done) and pretty much being the only techie in a small telecom company.

But no matter WHAT happened in my entire life as an employee, I never insulted a customer. It is unprofessional. no matter what the client is saying, you do NOT insult the client. You stay calm, clearheaded and try to reason with them, by being calm, clearheaded and polite.

If a CEO can't do this (as Tameem clearly demonstrated) then he is outright not up for those responsibilities and should be replaced. I think that NT took some great damage after all of this, solely because how their boss acted.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#29RD_21Posted 3/24/2013 7:13:22 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Like the game all you want. Just dont say its better than the old series. Liking a game doesnt mean its good. Acknowledge that and we're cool.

But then again if someone say it's better than the old series, guess what? It's their opinion, just like you can think this game is bad and the old series is better. Their opinion shouldn't threaten yours in any way, it doesn't mean they have no taste either, it just mean they have different opinion then yours.
#30StrelokPosted 3/24/2013 7:19:45 AM
Their opinion however, would be wrong on a technical aspect.

On a technical aspect, this game isn't just steps, but LEAPS backwards in terms of gameplay, from default clunky controlscheme to drop in FPS, the plethora of glitches and the ridiculously dumbed down combo system.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg