Topic for DmC supporters.

#61KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/24/2013 3:18:25 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
CirOnn posted...
Most of these glitches are also on Tomb Raider. And there are reported bugs that are game breaking and needs the player to start over.

For some odd reason, these guys think DmC is the only game that has glitches...

I wonder why such thing happens....It's quite rare seeing a game without glitches. At least, I don't know a single one.

Ops, how could I forget? Metal Gear Rising is a game without ANY glitches, dark, gritty, realistic and fresh. Yes, it's literally a Platinum game, glitch prrof at max...XD

It's not so much that it had glitches at all, it's more than it had glitches that were present in the demo still appear in the final copy. The demo was released back in November, right? That means they had time to fix a few small glitches. Instead, they were in the final version and din't get fixed until a lot later. Even then, the fix created more glitches.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#62StrelokPosted 3/24/2013 3:19:11 PM
I don't say they aren't there, but the thing is that *THIS* game was hyped up to be the best thing since sliced bread and Tam Tam outright said that there wasn't anything to fix.

Y'see, that is where the issue lies.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#63produnerPosted 3/24/2013 3:20:28 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
CirOnn posted...
Most of these glitches are also on Tomb Raider. And there are reported bugs that are game breaking and needs the player to start over.

I wonder why such thing happens....It's quite rare seeing a game without glitches. At least, I don't know a single one.

Ops, how could I forget? Metal Gear Rising is a game without ANY glitches, dark, gritty, realistic and fresh. Yes, it's literally a Platinum game, glitch prrof at max...XD

Stop over generalizing and ignoring the main problem. DmC has various frequent glitches, some of them are game breaking/forces you to restart, and like any program , you will run into one. MGR had glitches with some enemies getting stuck somewhere, a trophy glitch and that's it, the glitches from the demo were fixed unlike some game here.
---
every time Ink-Ribbon posts the word "antis", i lose a hair strand.
Number of hair strands lost=2.
#64RD_21Posted 3/24/2013 4:26:22 PM(edited)
Strelok posted...
I don't say they aren't there, but the thing is that *THIS* game was hyped up to be the best thing since sliced bread and Tam Tam outright said that there wasn't anything to fix.

To be honest it seems like most of you should just stop listening to Tameem and Capcom. I judge DmC for what it is, not what it failed to deliver based on a PR words, heck most 10 hours games are said to be 20 by their PR team, but I never judge a game because a PR guy is full of crap.

It's like you want to hate it so much that you cling to every think they said just to put their nose in it and I can get that you feel it's deserved by the way you were treated, but if you would had ignore Tameem you might have felt better.
#65RD_21Posted 3/24/2013 4:25:07 PM(edited)
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
CirOnn posted...

Stop over generalizing and ignoring the main problem. DmC has various frequent glitches, some of them are game breaking/forces you to restart, and like any program , you will run into one. MGR had glitches with some enemies getting stuck somewhere, a trophy glitch and that's it, the glitches from the demo were fixed unlike some game here.

To be honest, I only had 1 freeze in DmC in 25 hours of gameplay so far, not saying they are not there, but you can't claim this game is full of glitches if their frequency is lower than a game with 1 bug that happens 1 out of 2 times.

The number of reported glitches are not what matter the most. At my job when one of my client tell me he had a weird bug that happened to him after 4 hours of using my program where he worked a lot with it, we will look into it and try to reproduce it, but sometime there are so many factors and variables that you dismiss them until they happen again, you just write them off as an oddity.
#66produnerPosted 3/24/2013 4:28:58 PM
RD_21 posted...
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
CirOnn posted...

To be honest, I only had 1 freeze in DmC in 25 hours of gameplay so far, not saying they are not there, but you can't claim this game is full of glitches if their frequency is lower than a game with 1 bug that happens 1 out of 2 times.

Well, consider yourself lucky if so , especially after the "patch" lol.
I've got a boss freezing, complete game freezing, got stuck between hunter's hitbox, glide glitch and sound glitches.

If you search for "glitch" in the board , you will find some reports on glitches and some of them are game breaking ones. Youtube has hours of footage of DmC glitches. Brea ran into some in a combo video, also kail did in his "star/glide rave" video.
---
every time Ink-Ribbon posts the word "antis", i lose a hair strand.
Number of hair strands lost=2.
#67StrelokPosted 3/24/2013 4:42:34 PM
RD_21 posted...
Strelok posted...

To be honest it seems like most of you should just stop listening to Tameem and Capcom. I judge DmC for what it is, not what it failed to deliver based on a PR words, heck most 10 hours games are said to be 20 by their PR team, but I never judge a game because a PR guy is full of crap.

It's like you want to hate it so much that you cling to every think they said just to put their nose in it and I can get that you feel it's deserved by the way you were treated, but if you would had ignore Tameem you might have felt better.

No I wouldn't, the game would still be subpar and unworthy to carry the DMC title.
When a guy outright insults a franchise I like he'd damned well be able to back up his words. He couldn't. And for that, I am actually counting his statements against him.
When a voice actor calls the dialogue "Shakespearean", it had damned well better be good.

But even if we ignore everything that has been said, we are still stuck with a beneath average H&S game which offers one, maybe two interesting things, which were worked out poorly and it certainly doesn't deserve the DMC name.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#68NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:24:05 PM
I have to say, this topic is going extremely well. There hasn't been any mud slinging, taunting, insulting from EITHER side. I'm not saying go all hold hands and sing kumbaya with each other, but everyone is actually talking to each other and being civil. Even disagreeing respectfully. Sundaes for everyone! :)

Oh, and Duuude's paying. >:D
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#69DuuuDe14Posted 3/24/2013 8:51:39 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
I have to say, this topic is going extremely well. There hasn't been any mud slinging, taunting, insulting from EITHER side. I'm not saying go all hold hands and sing kumbaya with each other, but everyone is actually talking to each other and being civil. Even disagreeing respectfully. Sundaes for everyone! :)

Oh, and Duuude's paying. >:D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2xulxH6TK1rt3gb1o1_500.gif
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#70darkslayer001Posted 3/24/2013 9:31:57 PM(edited)
CirOnn posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
CirOnn posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Didnt we just go over this? Just because you like it doesnt mean its not factually inferior or downgraded. Just because it FEELS like it doesnt mean it is. The game is objectively inferior to the previous titles. That is a fact. Regardless of whether you enjoy it or feel like its good.

Tomb Raider (2013) has less guns, movements, puzzles, scenarios, bosses and tombs than original Tomb Raider. Plus, it did not have QTE and auto-grab when climbing. The jumps needed to be timed and calculated. The new version is a downgrade and inferior game compared to the first, that being said, it doesn't make it a bad game. A bad game is virtually unappealing and unplayable. Your motives for thinking the game is horrible is understandable, but it is yours alone, no need to act like the voice of what is good or bad, because you're not.

IMO i dont think TR (2013) was aiming to be the previous generation TR. many people consider Uncharted to be a successor to original TR games, and i think TR(2013) just followed that path. They were aiming for a different style game, with emphasize on Assassins Creed/RDR/Uncharted style and they nailed it, so i dont think its inferior to the original TR games. Just completely different.

You know the same can be applied to DmC... Right? Specially when you consider there ARE glaring differences from DMC to the reboot, as many pointed out already. Tomb Raider was always an adventure game, but now it's dumbed down. DMC was always a HnS, but now it's dumbed down (based on some people's statement, I never played the old ones), so... What's so different? Why your pain of losing what DMC was all about bigger than my pain of losing what TR was all about?

lol i knew you would tie this up to DmC....yay i got a fish
anyway all jokes aside, the differences in the DmC reboot are actually not differences but actual problems. Now I cannot tell for certain whether Tomb Raider is downgrade or not. Its been a while since i played aod, legends and anniversary. Would you say Uncharted is a downgraded adventure game that is at the bottom of the barrel of the adventure game genre? No. I played the new TR and it is even better than uncharted. Uncharted has turned into the staple for a adventure game. Tomb Raider actually follows that path. It clearly met its standards. I am not saying this new standard is better than the original, but different. I am sure the sequel will be more akin to the originals.
not only that the lore of Tomb Raider is still intact, in fact i would say better and added more to Lara but thats just my opinion.

For Funzies may i ask why is the new one downgraded?