This game is better off as...

#1GBeastMegamanBXPosted 3/25/2013 4:28:01 AM
its own tittle rather than a reboot of Devil May Cry. I've been a fan of the original DMC sicne it came out. I've played this game and seen videos of it on youtube and I have to say this game should have been its own game, rather than using the DMC name and characters. The gameplay and graphics are impressive, but it doesn't feel or look like Devil May Cry. We all know Devil May Cry as a story of a half-human, half-demon devil hunter with style and funny personality, not a misunderstood teenager who curses most of the time. I think this game would have been better as its own entity about a demon/angel child who is hated by the world, and not using the name Dante or Virgil.
#2GigerSupremePosted 3/25/2013 4:33:17 AM
GBeastMegamanBX posted...
its own tittle rather than a reboot of Devil May Cry. I've been a fan of the original DMC sicne it came out. I've played this game and seen videos of it on youtube and I have to say this game should have been its own game, rather than using the DMC name and characters. The gameplay and graphics are impressive, but it doesn't feel or look like Devil May Cry. We all know Devil May Cry as a story of a half-human, half-demon devil hunter with style and funny personality, not a misunderstood teenager who curses most of the time. I think this game would have been better as its own entity about a demon/angel child who is hated by the world, and not using the name Dante or Virgil.

capcom thought the game wouldnt sell if it wasnt from an established IP. ironically the game sold like ass anyway because the game was so radically different from devil may cry.

capcom is ultra stupid no?
#3produnerPosted 3/25/2013 4:33:23 AM
Sometimes when i am alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
---
every time Ink-Ribbon posts the word "antis", i lose a hair strand.
Number of hair strands lost=2.
#4GBeastMegamanBX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:40:14 AM
GigerSupreme posted...

capcom thought the game wouldnt sell if it wasnt from an established IP. ironically the game sold like ass anyway because the game was so radically different from devil may cry.

stupid, that they are. they ended up making a loss, as well as tarnishing the name of devil may cry
#5GigerSupremePosted 3/25/2013 4:45:42 AM
GigerSupreme posted...

stupid, that they are. they ended up making a loss, as well as tarnishing the name of devil may cry

i know... why not just make devil may cry 5?
i dont understand the logic here.
#6GBeastMegamanBX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:52:13 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

i know... why not just make devil may cry 5?
i dont understand the logic here.

From what I've seen, Capcom always does that. disc-locked DLC, re-releasing games to get more money, changing the direction of beloved games. I know its business to attract a new audience and to make more money, but don;t ruin a franchise and lose your veteran fans