I will fight you.

#1BulletaPosted 3/25/2013 3:47:38 AM
Seriously. Badmouth this game. I will eat you alive.

This game is freaking art. The story, the visuals, the gameplay, everything about it is fantastic. Even after resigning myself to the fact that this will be a new and different Dante altogether, I am seeing little gems here and there in his attitude and demeanor that tickle my nostalgia bones and satisfy my inner fangirl.

I expected this to be an interesting and enjoyable game on its own merits, and now I'm finding it's far exceeding any of my expectations. It looks, sounds, and feels like Devil May Cry, but it's like Devil May Cry grew up a bit. It's still just as fun and cheesy, yet it isn't afraid to give its sound sense of humor a deep and intriguing setting to eff around in.

This is the Dante I remember from Devil May Cry 3, my favorite of the classic series, he's just in a bigger world with greater themes, higher stakes, and deeper gameplay.

There. That's my tiny review for the game so far. I'll probably write a book of praise for it after I finish it and post it in the actual review section. For now, I'm more interested in how people react to what I've said.
---
"Is it tasty?"
#2TheSL1ClubPosted 3/25/2013 4:21:42 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Sephivengeance9Posted 3/25/2013 4:08:56 AM
I'm more interested in the thought processes behind people feeling as though they have to overrate the hell out of the game to get the point that they like it across. You like it, good for you.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#4ramzariotPosted 3/25/2013 4:15:13 AM
Will you fight them on the beaches, landing grounds, fields, streets and hills?
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#5Bulleta(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 4:23:10 AM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
I'm more interested in the thought processes behind people feeling as though they have to overrate the hell out of the game to get the point that they like it across. You like it, good for you.

I feel the same way about people who hate things and hate those who like the things that they hate. Love is a far more rewarding passion than hate in general. And I am not saying you are one of those hateful people, just contrasting my own opinion with yours.

That being said, I'm not trying to overrate it, actually. I am honestly this enthralled and pleased with the game so far. I am not expecting many people to have the same response because there are not many people out there like me in general. This game actually appeals to me on a rather deep and unusual personal level that few works of art have managed to accomplish so far.
Also, props to a fellow agent hunter. >:3

ramzariot posted...

I shall never surrender!
---
"Is it tasty?"
#6TheSL1ClubPosted 3/25/2013 4:29:00 AM(edited)
^

That song is us Anti's anthem, just so you know.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#7Sephivengeance9Posted 3/25/2013 4:33:18 AM
Bulleta posted...
Sephivengeance9 posted...

I feel the same way about people who hate things and hate those who like the things that they hate. Love is a far more rewarding passion than hate in general. And I am not saying you are one of those hateful people, just contrasting my own opinion with yours.

That being said, I'm not trying to overrate it, actually. I am honestly this enthralled and pleased with the game so far. I am not expecting many people to have the same response because there are not many people out there like me in general. This game actually appeals to me on a rather deep and unusual personal level that few works of art have managed to accomplish so far.
Also, props to a fellow agent hunter. >:3

ramzariot posted...

I shall never surrender!

And now, I like you x3

Regardless, yeah, whether it was intentional or not you did kind of overrate the game in your opening post. Nevertheless, I'm not going to hate on people for liking it, I disagree with you, but I'll leave it at that. (I wouldn't say I HATE the game, I just find it pretty "meh", myself.)

Nevertheless, it's good to see someone getting such enjoyment from it.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#8KyryloPosted 3/25/2013 5:15:53 AM
Bulleta posted...

This game is freaking art. The story, the visuals, the gameplay, everything about it is fantastic. Even after resigning myself to the fact that this will be a new and different Dante altogether, I am seeing little gems here and there in his attitude and demeanor that tickle my nostalgia bones and satisfy my inner fangirl.

I expected this to be an interesting and enjoyable game on its own merits, and now I'm finding it's far exceeding any of my expectations. It looks, sounds, and feels like Devil May Cry, but it's like Devil May Cry grew up a bit. It's still just as fun and cheesy, yet it isn't afraid to give its sound sense of humor a deep and intriguing setting to eff around in.

This is the Dante I remember from Devil May Cry 3, my favorite of the classic series, he's just in a bigger world with greater themes, higher stakes, and deeper gameplay.

There. That's my tiny review for the game so far. I'll probably write a book of praise for it after I finish it and post it in the actual review section. For now, I'm more interested in how people react to what I've said.

whatever. you bought it be glad with it. I'm glad that talentless studio like NT won't get a penny form me.
#9UtaNapishtiPosted 3/25/2013 5:28:45 AM

I'm calling TC out on their bluff. This game blows. Come and get me. I can smell wusses from a mile away.

Seriously, a "book of praise"? Not even the biggest real supporters of this game call it any more than "ok" or "good".

Attention seeker/troll thread.
#10Gogito4Posted 3/25/2013 6:07:15 AM
Bulleta posted...

U mad sis?
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.