So DmC had low sales. What does it mean?

#141KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/26/2013 9:04:21 PM
CirOnn posted...
Voltes_V posted...
DmC is boring. I know. Play MGR instead.

Your logic to do not play DmC because it takes what DMC is and throws it out the window just lost credibility by telling me to play MGR... Y'know... The game that took what MGS is all about and... Did none of that in its execution and is a downgrade by comparison with any MGS.

It wasn't trying to be a MGS game. DmC was 100% trying to be (better than) a DMC game. MGR was a canon spin off with a focus on action. It's not a downgrade because it's not even the same genre. It makes perfect sense too.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#142Malus_X6Posted 3/26/2013 9:11:24 PM(edited)
Voltes_V posted...

Your logic to do not play DmC because it takes what DMC is and throws it out the window just lost credibility by telling me to play MGR... Y'know... The game that took what MGS is all about and... Did none of that in its execution and is a downgrade by comparison with any MGS.

If MGR was supposed to be in the Solid series, it would have been called MGS: Revengeance. If it was supposed to be another MG sequel, it'd be called MG: Revengeance. No, it's Metal Gear RISING: Revengeance.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#143Chaos2FrozenPosted 3/26/2013 10:01:44 PM
CirOnn posted...
Voltes_V posted...

And you just lost all credibility when you think MGR was suppose to be a stealth game.

Good show.
#144Voltes_V(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:34:02 AM
This is why pros lack credibility.
---
Strongest Mecha in the anime universe is me.. Voltes_V
#145CirOnnPosted 3/27/2013 1:31:29 PM
Voltes_V posted...

You know I don't actually mean that, do you? I was simply using your logic that if a game is supposed to be a follow up or follow in a previous installment footsteps, it needs to improve or be in equal ground to the previous one. It's not true.

I have nothing against MGR (it's called irony), yet, it is a downgrade from everything that was ever shown in MGS series, which MGR functions as a direct sequel (not a spin-off, not a reboot, not a side-story, it actually continues the story in MGS4, so... Too bad for you if you don't like HnS. At least they didn't put Snake on it). I know it's appealing to a new crowd and I think it's okay for it to coexist with the MG as whole. Same applies to DmC and DMC.

Stop the double-standards.
#146KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/27/2013 1:39:02 PM
CirOnn posted...
Voltes_V posted...

You know I don't actually mean that, do you? I was simply using your logic that if a game is supposed to be a follow up or follow in a previous installment footsteps, it needs to improve or be in equal ground to the previous one. It's not true.

I have nothing against MGR (it's called irony), yet, it is a downgrade from everything that was ever shown in MGS series, which MGR functions as a direct sequel (not a spin-off, not a reboot, not a side-story, it actually continues the story in MGS4, so... Too bad for you if you don't like HnS. At least they didn't put Snake on it). I know it's appealing to a new crowd and I think it's okay for it to coexist with the MG as whole. Same applies to DmC and DMC.

MGR is a spin off, this was confirmed. There's something you're clearly not getting here. Capcom and NT repeatedly told us that DmC would measure up to DMC, they basically begged us to compare them. MGR never tried to be a MGS game, they share a universe and that's it.

We can compare DmC to DMC and decide what's a downgrade because they're the exact same genre and series, one of them just takes place in a different universe. As of now, we also don't know the future of DMC, so if DmC is the only future it's a downgrade. MGR was never replacing MGS, Kojima himself confirmed that. You can't compare MGR and MGS because they're 2 completely different genre's. The only thing you can really compare is the stories of the two, and I found MGR's story easily worthy of the MG title.

This is like comparing Super Mario World to Mario Kart and calling Mario Kart a downgrade. You can't compare them because they're different genre's. You can, however, compare Super Mario World to Super Mario Galaxy and the like since they're the same genre and series.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#147Voltes_V(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:42:34 PM
MGS= stealth action gameplay
MGR hack and slash

Two different genres

Amusing I find you.
---
#148Voltes_V(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:44:57 PM
Voltes_V posted...

---
#149CirOnnPosted 3/27/2013 1:46:30 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
CirOnn posted...
Voltes_V posted...

MGR is a spin off, this was confirmed. There's something you're clearly not getting here. Capcom and NT repeatedly told us that DmC would measure up to DMC, they basically begged us to compare them. MGR never tried to be a MGS game, they share a universe and that's it.

We can compare DmC to DMC and decide what's a downgrade because they're the exact same genre and series, one of them just takes place in a different universe. As of now, we also don't know the future of DMC, so if DmC is the only future it's a downgrade. MGR was never replacing MGS, Kojima himself confirmed that. You can't compare MGR and MGS because they're 2 completely different genre's. The only thing you can really compare is the stories of the two, and I found MGR's story easily worthy of the MG title.

This is like comparing Super Mario World to Mario Kart and calling Mario Kart a downgrade. You can't compare them because they're different genre's. You can, however, compare Super Mario World to Super Mario Galaxy and the like since they're the same genre and series.

Spin-offs usually don't add info or revolve around MC to a established story, so people who don't like the spin-off gameplay, doesn't need to buy it. It's so with Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, it's so with Resident Evil Outbreak, it's so with Silent Hill, Tomb raider... Every series. MGR follows the story and adds important info to it. It's canon. Or you read online what happened, or you pray that somehow they will summarize it in MGS5, or simply lose all the information of what happened to Raiden, a MC in MGS.

In a way, it's already a FU to fans of Raiden but not of HnS.
#150produnerPosted 3/27/2013 1:48:24 PM
CirOnn posted...
Voltes_V posted...

The difference is, MGR is a good game and it wasn't supposed to replace or continue anything aside from the storyline, obviously.

If MGS4 brought half-assed game mechanics and was a downgrade from every MGS game, that would be a similar case with DmC. Simply, different genre, different game mechanics and an addition to the main series, it haven't brought back shooting and stealth mechanics of MGS in a half assed way (stealth works , not the main focus though). MGR has great game mechanics, solid frame rate, great aesthetics, and a story that standouts in the genre but not on par with the main series ( kojima not there).

Stop ignoring details and facts. DmC is a reboot that is supposed to fix and bring new things to the main franchise, but what we get is a downgrade that will replace the main series.

My signature > you.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.