So DmC had low sales. What does it mean?

#21PimpanzaPosted 3/25/2013 10:29:38 AM
StrykeBlayde posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Even if most insults didn't directly come from Capcom/NT, the media insulted the fanbase while defending DmC numerous times.

The media insults me on a daily basis with how ignorant/stupid/etc. they are, doesn't mean I off myself >_>

You may be right, but even the insults from any source are taken as an excuse to not buy the game they are still a factor in low sales, may it be a legitimate one or not.
#22darkslayer001Posted 3/25/2013 11:24:24 AM
I think the main reason this game failed financially is that no one cared about this game.
They have already successfully alienated most of the fans, which should have been their target audience in the first place, and the game wasn't strong enough to get that much attention.
it was pretty stupid to think that an established fanbase can be easily replaceable and TBH i dont think they were going for that at the beginning.
#23Ryu_YagamiPosted 3/25/2013 11:45:50 AM
They insulted the fans of the series while marketing to a consumer base that didn't care about the genre.

They got exactly what the deserved.
---
Proud member of the Anti Wyvern Pest Control. To Victory!
#24Voltes_V(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:59:01 AM
So can we all agree that the game has bad quality?
---
Strongest Mecha in the anime universe is me.. Voltes_V
#25Ink-RibbonPosted 3/25/2013 12:03:22 PM
Voltes_V posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Voltes_V posted...
So can we agree to the fact that this game has bad quality?

Oh, hell ya

Thank you.

Now next question, why do these pros like to defend this "failed product"?

It's a failed product if you consider sales, but there is good stuff in the game.

Also, you may consider reading the topic called "why pros like the game". You'll find your answer there...

Love is everything nowadays. XD
#26360pagesPosted 3/25/2013 12:44:37 PM
They made a game no one wanted, as simple as that.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#27CirOnnPosted 3/25/2013 1:16:48 PM
Voltes_V posted...

I like the game, and I never felt like it was unplayable or that it failed to entertain me... So no, we all definitely do not agree.
#28Voltes_V(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 1:27:32 PM
CirOnn posted...
Voltes_V posted...

I like the game, and I never felt like it was unplayable or that it failed to entertain me... So no, we all definitely do not agree.

But someone explained it was bad. Why disagree? You can still enjoy bad products.
---
Strongest Mecha in the anime universe is me.. Voltes_V
#29GamenamebullyPosted 3/25/2013 1:34:03 PM
A truly bad quality game would be something like Bubsy 3D or Superman 64.

DmC is playable and compared to most hyped games out there, it does pretty well by comparison.

It's not the best game nor is it the best DMC game but it's pretty solid.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#30CirOnnPosted 3/25/2013 1:54:19 PM
Voltes_V posted...
CirOnn posted...
Voltes_V posted...

But someone explained it was bad. Why disagree? You can still enjoy bad products.

Not only the previous poster already explained, but art and entertainment are entirely subjective. I bet I can still find someone who enjoyed Superman 64 even though it's a consensus that it's trash. It is a good game... To them. The consensus to an ultimately personal opinion means as much as the opinion of a hobo on a Picasso painting: good/ bad for him, but changes nothing of others opinions.