so I plan on playing this in May and was wondering...

#1CrimZinShaDoWPosted 3/25/2013 11:11:33 AM
How hard is it to get SSS Ranks on Nephilim?
---
PSN: ShaDoW-SlaYa
#2FireMage7777Posted 3/25/2013 11:19:52 AM
CrimZinShaDoW posted...

Not difficult at all. If you plan on doing a trophy run DO NOT download the patch for the game
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 24
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#3caffiend7Posted 3/25/2013 11:22:59 AM
May I ask what compels you to play this, my good sir or mam, hopefully sir?
#4darkslayer001Posted 3/25/2013 12:24:47 PM
caffiend7 posted...
May I ask what compels you to play this, my good sir or mam, hopefully sir?

boredom?
#5RD_21Posted 3/25/2013 12:36:09 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
CrimZinShaDoW posted...

Not difficult at all. If you plan on doing a trophy run DO NOT download the patch for the game

Funny that antis will say the game is too easy and then you ask him not to patch it :P Didn't mean to sound like an ass, just a funny thing I realized, but I understand that when you trophy hunt you want to take any shortcut possible.
#6Ink-RibbonPosted 3/25/2013 12:48:14 PM
RD_21 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
CrimZinShaDoW posted...

Funny that antis will say the game is too easy and then you ask him not to patch it :P Didn't mean to sound like an ass, just a funny thing I realized, but I understand that when you trophy hunt you want to take any shortcut possible.

Let's be honest, most of the antis didn't even play the game. They basically just jumped into the hate bandwagon, repeating things that other people said...

They lack originality, fresh concepts and a real and unbiased opinion. That's quite crystal clear as water. XD

Then again, at least we didn't get the old "mash triangle" post from them, yet! ;)
#7FireMage7777Posted 3/25/2013 1:03:39 PM
RD_21 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
CrimZinShaDoW posted...

Exactly, trophies are another matter. As a trophy hunter (not an anti) I see that it is easier to plat the game without the patch. As an anti I'd advise him to avoid the game altogether
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 24
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#8Hades192Posted 3/25/2013 1:46:40 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
RD_21 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
CrimZinShaDoW posted...

Let's be honest, most of the antis didn't even play the game. They basically just jumped into the hate bandwagon, repeating things that other people said...

They lack originality, fresh concepts and a real and unbiased opinion. That's quite crystal clear as water. XD

Then again, at least we didn't get the old "mash triangle" post from them, yet! ;)

Living in Jersey, the water isn't crystal over here! Kind of filthy looking to be honest. Haha

Ink- my biggest beef is the difficulty. Had it been more strict, I'd probably be pro but as it stands, the difficulty just isn't there to cause any tension.

Limbo is a great idea, aesthetically the game isn't to bad but not happy with this eclipsing DMC.

The controls are easy and switching weapons is easy.

The mid combo weapon switching only works for the pause combo; ground and air. All else reverts back to the first weapon animation. There is basically 2 ground and air combos per weapon.

Had something similar to dodge-offset been implemented allowing the player to mix in individual attacks from each weapon within it's combo string would have been extremely impressive.
#9Psychochild27Posted 3/25/2013 2:33:12 PM

The hardest thing about getting SSS ranks on Nephilim is having the patience to go and hunt down all the collectibles - the criteria for ranking is Time, Collectibles and Style Points. It's likely you'll have to go to every stage at least twice to secure the SSS rank due to the nature of the "Key" collectibles which unlock secret mission doors (Several of which are hidden behind barriers you can't access until you unlock a weapon early on) and time requirements being strict enough to be a factor if you're not using a guide for the collectibles.

When it comes to combat though, the game's rather painless. If you do it before the patch, you can get away with simply exploiting demon dodge and ignoring damage for the most part without consequence for the SSS.

Post-patch, you need to be more mindful of damage as it's slower to gain style and there's a persistent style ranking between fights which makes taking damage from the platforming to be a bit of a hindrance (And with the game's ****y camera, it'll come up fairly often), but it's still easy to hit the style requirements with a 100% in completion and an S rank in time.
#10PunkMcThrustPosted 3/25/2013 3:04:01 PM
RD_21 posted...

The patch breaks the scoring system. Mission 18 becomes actually, legitimately impossible to SSS if you download the patch. I got SSS in all 3 categories and it gave me SS over and over. So if you do plan on getting that trophy, do not get the patch.
---
Armstrong for President