Capcom's Logic

#21SilentS89Posted 3/26/2013 9:15:03 PM
Endless_Night posted...
Third, they didn't advertise the game actively in the West.

No kidding, I ACTIVELY search for info about video games and I didn't know about Sengoku Basara until this year.

Game is great but people can't buy a game if they aren't aware it exists.
#22Ink-RibbonPosted 3/26/2013 9:36:42 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Even with all those cases, their worst effort was Dino Crisis 3...

Wow, what were they thinking when they did that game? It was crap and it have a good team ( Mikami, Kobayashi and so on).

So, that's why a good team doesn't mean we'll have a good game.

Mikami wasn't involved with Dino Crisis 3.

No, I was involved with Dino Crisis 3...XD

Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp2qPlHNgCs

See who is the executive producer at 14:20. ;)
#23Ether101Posted 3/26/2013 10:35:16 PM
King-gamer posted...
Stepswordsman posted...
King-gamer posted...
-DmC Announced.

-Fans RAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGG.

-Capcom releases it anyway.

-Proceeds to blame its failure in sales on fans.

Update: it's been confirmed that it's Inafune who is responsible for DmC failing. It's still your fault that MML3 is not going to be released, though.

You know, something's funny.

It is true, Inafune was the one who pushed toward the development of DmC, by claiming Japanese should be more western. It was Inafune who pushed the development of MML3. Inafune criticized the Japanese game industry for not innovating like the west.

Yet when he left, Capcom decided to hate on Inafune by killing his greatest work, Megaman, one by one, from MMU, to MML3. But they decided to take his advice on being more western by keeping DmC in development despite the negative feedback. Why? Just a theory, but it's probably so they could pin its failure on Inafune......

IT'S ALL MAKING SENSE NOW. >:O

But seriously, their decisions make no sense what so ever.

Capcom wouldn't even localize Ace Attorney Investigations 2, probably because the game contains too much logic for them to handle.

More likely that Inafune was being forced to be the front man on the project.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#24King-gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:40:13 AM
It doesn't really matter how Inafune got on board for DmC. Sure he was pushing a more western perspective, but when he left, Capcom could easily cancel it if they wanted to. Inafune had zero influence over them.

Even if we were to assume Capcom cancelled MMU and MML3 just to spite on Inafune, after all he was responsible for those games, they should probably have cancelled DmC and just said it was "all Inafune's fault, DMC fans hate new Dante, etc, he was responsible for the redesign etc."

Or alternatively they could make it a separate franchise of its own. Final Fight was suppose to be street fighter, DMC was suppose to be Resident Evil. People would have been okay with it, and Capcom would have a new IP to milk.

But no, they just went on with their crazy decision making. Did they actually think they would sell millions with all the negativity?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Endless_Night posted...
Well, that is the main problem with Capcom now. Instead of focusing on making better games, they are thinking of how to milk their fanbase with DLCs (Do I need to give examples??), re-releases (SF4, MvC3), cutting out IMPORTANT portion of the game and sell them later as DLC (Asura's Wrath) and mindlessly trying to be western (DmC and no plans to release EX troopers).

Asura's Wrath aside, I'm very pissed at their approach with Sengoku Basara 3 and its sequel. First, SB3 is an incomplete game. You can tell if you played the game.

Second, only a handful of the main cast from SB2: Heroes are back in 3, which is stupid because you're suppose to build on with this kind of game, not take them out.

Third, they didn't advertise the game actively in the West.

And the most important thing, I feel that they treat this game like an experiment and thus, did not put 100% into it, which really explains why the game is the way it is. SB has the potential to make it big in the West but Capcom screw themselves up.

I agree with you. I guess Inafune might be to blame a little, because after all, Capcom's idea of becoming more western is to be like EA.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#25StepswordsmanPosted 3/27/2013 5:09:13 AM
I don't think Inafune is the one to be blamed. Westernisation is not a bad thing per se - s***ty westernisation is. I honestly doubt that Inafune single handedly dictated that Capcom should parrot CoD and GoW as badly as possible. And even if he somehow did, how much time has passed since he left? You can't really hate the guy and every single decision he has made, but keep on wasting money on the worst of them (DmC, RE6, DmC) while immediately destroying the better ones (again with MML3 and Mega Man in general)
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#26bigdom93Posted 3/27/2013 6:21:24 AM
Stepswordsman posted...
I don't think Inafune is the one to be blamed. Westernisation is not a bad thing per se - s***ty westernisation is. I honestly doubt that Inafune single handedly dictated that Capcom should parrot CoD and GoW as badly as possible. And even if he somehow did, how much time has passed since he left? You can't really hate the guy and every single decision he has made, but keep on wasting money on the worst of them (DmC, RE6, DmC) while immediately destroying the better ones (again with MML3 and Mega Man in general)

your right, they had Alex Jones pick a studio to make the game(he most likely was always the one who chose the studio for these westernizations), capcom japan just trusted his choice. I'm kinda greatful that capcom made them do an alternate universe, since that means this piece of crap(compared to the other games in the series) won't taint the regular series' timeline. and it means vergil is still a badass, and mundus didn't go done like a B**ch. and for that I'm grudgingly greatful for that.

because just imagine if they had let them actually write for the main series *shudders*

also cancling megaman legends 3 wasn't enough for capcom they then took all the data and used it for Ex Troopers, a lost planet 3ds spinoff
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#27SiLVeR_420Posted 3/27/2013 7:06:01 AM
bigdom93 posted...
Stepswordsman posted...

your right, they had Alex Jones pick a studio to make the game(he most likely was always the one who chose the studio for these westernizations), capcom japan just trusted his choice. I'm kinda greatful that capcom made them do an alternate universe, since that means this piece of crap(compared to the other games in the series) won't taint the regular series' timeline. and it means vergil is still a badass, and mundus didn't go done like a B**ch. and for that I'm grudgingly greatful for that.

because just imagine if they had let them actually write for the main series *shudders*

also cancling megaman legends 3 wasn't enough for capcom they then took all the data and used it for Ex Troopers, a lost planet 3ds spinoff

DmC was going to be a prequel to DMC3 when it was first announced. Guess who made them change that.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#28King-gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:33:15 AM
Stepswordsman posted...

I'm not saying it's exactly his fault, perhaps "blame" isn't the right word there. Of course there are great western companies out there that Capcom could definitely learn from. Just that Inafune said they should be more western, and Capcom execs took his advice. I'm not hating him or anything, more like he's an indirect result of it. They probably just took his advice the wrong way and thought to be more western is to literally copy the west, which I'm sure is not what Inafune meant.

I think in the end of the day, the real people to be blamed are the higher ups for making those decisions in the first place. Inafune usually needed their approval before doing anything anyway.
---
This is a sig. Yup.