Why do Anti's try to so hard? There is one MAJOR argument ...

#11OracleGunnerPosted 3/26/2013 2:52:46 PM
Stepswordsman posted...
OracleGunner posted...
This is argument number 605 subsection beta line 4 page 9001 of the reasons why this game is bad.

The other 604 are all variations of "His hair isn't white anymore!" when it is, which you'd know if you bought and played the game.

Actually that one was ruled out due to the sheer stupidity of it. The other 604 are variations of the problems due to UE3, characterization, Writing, glitches, VA, Aesthetics of levels, amount of platforming, Controls, patches, position of women, language, lack of facial hair and 30 fps. Btw I have the bloody game so please troll harder kiddo.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#12OracleGunnerPosted 3/26/2013 2:54:32 PM
Pimpanza posted...
Now I'm confused. What is a Pro and what is an Anti? Playing the game uncovering his merits and his flaws makes somebody a Pro or an Anti?

Antis- do not like the game
Pros- like the game
there are trolls for both sides. Got it Memorized?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#13PimpanzaPosted 3/26/2013 2:57:29 PM
Yeah got it, this topic title confused me a bit.
#14SiLVeR_420Posted 3/26/2013 3:09:20 PM
Stepswordsman posted...
OracleGunner posted...
This is argument number 605 subsection beta line 4 page 9001 of the reasons why this game is bad.

The other 604 are all variations of "His hair isn't white anymore!" when it is, which you'd know if you bought and played the game.

In the treaty of meow article 7 paragraph 19 line 7

Meow.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#15StepswordsmanPosted 3/26/2013 3:59:26 PM
RetsuxD posted...
I get it you're trying to be funny by mimicking those who still use the hair argument in 2013.

Well, sorry that I'm so slow. I was going to say that DmC is better than Chaos Legion and Onimusha, but it turns out that even other pros don't make this stuff up anymore, and instead just keep saying that "DmC isn't that bad".
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#16NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/26/2013 6:37:54 PM
ShinWesker posted...
...the fact that there is no LOCK-ON where LOCK-ON really matters (some enemies can only be hit by a certain weapon etc.) already disqualifies this game as a "good" game no matter how one can argue how good the story, etc. are.

No lock-on = Bad = fact.

There are some other reasons, too.

-The lack of lock on really is a problem. Especially if you're fighting a crowd of enemies that are both red and blue.

-I guess the 30 FPS vs. the 60 FPS wouldn't bother most people, but there is a big difference if you compare DmC to DMC on a split screen.

-I know this one also wouldn't bother many people much, but I think NT overdid it with the swearing and the "shock value" scenes in DmC.

-Vergil and Dante really just don't seem like Vergil and Dante any more. Dante doesn't seem to have the same flair and Vergil is....unusually nice.

-Lack of taunting is also not good. Not only was taunting funny, it drew enemies toward you and helped to raise the style meter.

-Glitches. This game had so many glitches that a patch was needed to fix some of the problems.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#17RetsuxDPosted 3/26/2013 6:44:10 PM
Stepswordsman posted...
and instead just keep saying that "DmC isn't that bad".

Now it turns out I'm slow because just now I realize this.
#18ramzariotPosted 3/26/2013 6:50:17 PM
I liked taunting in the original game. It was great on bosses to restore Devil trigger, especially on Dante must die.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#19syctheweilderPosted 3/26/2013 7:19:06 PM
Lock-on is the foundation upon which the entire battle system is built upon, allow me to explain.

When locked on to a target, it becomes the central point that the camera focuses on. Further, the character's movement is now relative to the target's position. This is what makes directional inputs possible, leading to more variations of attacks, including stinger and high time. It is also what allows for dodging, and choosing a specific target when using firearms or Nero's devil bringer. Using this system, there is no need for a dedicated dodge button, a dedicated launch button, and firearms and the devil bringer will hit their intended targets.

The combination of the player's movement and input direction being relative to the target is what makes the combat in Devil May Cry precise and accurate. It's what makes attacks hit their intended targets.

By removing this single feature, many others are lost. And the extra buttons needed to restore them lock out styles and style switching.

To remove lock on is to remove foundation from a structure.
#20NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/27/2013 10:03:46 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Lock-on is the foundation upon which the entire battle system is built upon, allow me to explain.

When locked on to a target, it becomes the central point that the camera focuses on. Further, the character's movement is now relative to the target's position. This is what makes directional inputs possible, leading to more variations of attacks, including stinger and high time. It is also what allows for dodging, and choosing a specific target when using firearms or Nero's devil bringer. Using this system, there is no need for a dedicated dodge button, a dedicated launch button, and firearms and the devil bringer will hit their intended targets.

The combination of the player's movement and input direction being relative to the target is what makes the combat in Devil May Cry precise and accurate. It's what makes attacks hit their intended targets.

By removing this single feature, many others are lost. And the extra buttons needed to restore them lock out styles and style switching.

To remove lock on is to remove foundation from a structure.

Even DMC 2 had the lock on feature.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.