Little action for an hack 'n slash

#1PimpanzaPosted 3/26/2013 6:45:40 PM
Just finished the game. Is just me, or there's too much platforming and running around and very few fights for an hack and slash? I mean, in the first missions I was thinking that probably it was to make it easier at the beginning but as I progressed further I realized the number of encounters per level wasn't increasing. Was it just my imagination?

I had a total of 659 kills, it means an average of 32 kills per level. I can't remember how many missions were spent on a single boss, but let's say about 5, it makes 42 kills per level. Aren't they a few?
#2KyryloPosted 3/26/2013 6:57:10 PM
Pimpanza posted...
Just finished the game. Is just me, or there's too much platforming and running around and very few fights for an hack and slash? I mean, in the first missions I was thinking that probably it was to make it easier at the beginning but as I progressed further I realized the number of encounters per level wasn't increasing. Was it just my imagination?

I had a total of 659 kills, it means an average of 32 kills per level. I can't remember how many missions were spent on a single boss, but let's say about 5, it makes 42 kills per level. Aren't they a few?

it's platformer action-adventure masked as HnS.
#3RetsuxDPosted 3/26/2013 7:01:55 PM
5 Missions were boss missions, yes, only mission 1 comes with a boss within it.

And this is actually a platformer, GF just mislabeled, lel.
#4Pimpanza(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 7:12:03 PM
Can somebody who still has a DMC 4 save please post his kills and playtime, so we can get a better idea about how the two compare in terms of action quantity kills/playtime?
#5DuuuDe14Posted 3/26/2013 8:08:36 PM
Just beat DMC4 in about 6 and a half hours on my first playthrough on a new account. Watched most of the cutscenes.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#6darkslayer001Posted 3/26/2013 8:49:31 PM
Kyrylo posted...
Pimpanza posted...

it's platformer action-adventure masked as HnS.
#7Pimpanza(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 2:44:53 AM
So, since this is an action platformer, platform sections quality, challenge and fun should be important. Well it's non existent. Platform sections in this game means you hold L2 and tap square when prompted, or X when prompted, or R2 square when prompted. I wanted only one thing from platform sections when I had to face one: to end quickly.

Also, adventure means exploration. And how exactly am I encouraged to explore in multiple path levels when I have to be as fast as possible to clear the level?
#8DagorhaPosted 3/27/2013 4:59:32 AM
Pimpanza posted...

Nah. The game has a ton of problems but this wasn't one. The platforming was actually one of the more enjoyable aspects.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#9StepswordsmanPosted 3/27/2013 5:02:30 AM
Pimpanza posted...
So, since this is an action platformer, platform sections quality, challenge and fun should be important. Well it's non existent. Platform sections in this game means you hold L2 and tap square when prompted, or X when prompted, or R2 square when prompted. I wanted only one thing from platform sections when I had to face one: to end quickly.

Also, adventure means exploration. And how exactly am I encouraged to explore in multiple path levels when I have to be as fast as possible to clear the level?

It's not even really a "platformer". You kinda summed it up already - you just press the buttons when prompted on the screen and angel dash like once or twice per level at most. It's more like QTEs, except with even worse justification for them than usual (like pressing buttons when you normally shouldn't, like in cutscenes).
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#10HeX4869Posted 3/27/2013 5:55:56 AM
Why do I see many people putting "an" before "hack"?
---
Bloody hell, mate!