Is this game worth it?

#1mtKing52Posted 3/27/2013 1:44:37 PM
I'm considering to get this game soon, but due to all the mixed feelings about it I want to know how you guys feel. I have the 4 DMC games which I think are awesome except 2, but since it doesn't seem like Capcom will continue DMC anytime soon I might as well get this. It took me awhile to get used to the new Dante, but now he seems alright. So just tell me how you think this game is and haters don't just go saying, "This game sucks because this isn't Dante," since as I've said, the new Dante is alright to me now.
---
PSN: mtKing52
"You cant fight nature Jack, wind blows, rain falls and the strong prey upon the weak."
#2RetsuxDPosted 3/27/2013 1:52:37 PM
Setsuna: LOCKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!
#3produnerPosted 3/27/2013 1:57:49 PM
So your gripe with the reboot at first was new dante ? It was obvious that DmC was going to be a sub-par game due to the fact that NT is developing the game and the first trailer was of a low quality.

Suggestion: play the demo and stop being this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rooPPLtK9pg
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#4mtKing52(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 1:59:53 PM
produner posted...
So your gripe with the reboot at first was new dante ? It was obvious that DmC was going to be a sub-par game due to the fact that NT is developing the game and the first trailer was of a low quality.

I played the demo already and when the first picture of the new Dante was shown I didn't like him at all.
---
PSN: mtKing52
"You cant fight nature Jack, wind blows, rain falls and the strong prey upon the weak."
#5KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/27/2013 2:01:52 PM
Short answer? No. Long answer? Hell no.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#6produnerPosted 3/27/2013 2:06:11 PM
mtKing52 posted...
produner posted...

I played the demo already and when the first picture of the new Dante was shown I didn't like him at all.

I personally didn't like the aesthetics and story of the game , i simply ignored them after that and when comparing them to the standards of storytelling and art, they fall short. As for gameplay, which is the most important thing for me, it is a downgrade and average at best.

I don't find the game appealing but i play it just to exploit the combat.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#7sundet84Posted 3/27/2013 2:51:59 PM
mtKing52 posted...
I'm considering to get this game soon, but due to all the mixed feelings about it I want to know how you guys feel. I have the 4 DMC games which I think are awesome except 2, but since it doesn't seem like Capcom will continue DMC anytime soon I might as well get this. It took me awhile to get used to the new Dante, but now he seems alright. So just tell me how you think this game is and haters don't just go saying, "This game sucks because this isn't Dante," since as I've said, the new Dante is alright to me now.

It is a solid 7/10 game and probably the third beast game in the series. Try the Demo.
#8KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/27/2013 2:54:03 PM
sundet84 posted...
mtKing52 posted...

It is a solid 7/10 game and probably the third beast game in the series. Try the Demo.

.... Third best? Mind if I ask what order you've got? Personally, I'd rank it as DMC3>DMC1>DMC4>DMC2>/=DmC
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#9sundet84Posted 3/27/2013 3:01:01 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
sundet84 posted...
mtKing52 posted...

.... Third best? Mind if I ask what order you've got? Personally, I'd rank it as DMC3>DMC1>DMC4>DMC2>/=DmC

DMC 3>DMC>DmC>DMC 4> DMC 2. And no im not denying that DMC 4 maybe has the beast combat in the series.
#10OracleGunnerPosted 3/27/2013 3:01:04 PM
It's a rent the game is more platformer than action, looks and plays like a slow moving superman 64 in comparison to the other games in the series, unless you like dubstep kill the audio since the only good VA is in the VD dlc, moves have been simplified so that anyone can SSS and the patch that fixes the difficulty screws up the ranking in certain missions, bosses are rip off KH series and the battles are lackluster at best. So rent it or play the demo it's the same with all the glitches included the game is a 5 or a 5.5~6 with all the dlc currently available. If you happen to like it then good just don't go into forums to bash the previous games and you will be fine.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1