Is this game worth it?

#315hadowsPosted 3/27/2013 4:35:04 PM
sundet84 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
sundet84 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
sundet84 posted...
Many has said 1/10 in other topics. One even said that bigg trucks was better then DmC

I'd like to see where people said this, so if you could link to it I'd appreciate it. And I assume you mean Big Riggs. Again, of course DmC isn't as bad as that. It's still a bad game, it's just not downright awful. It's playable, but for many it's a downgraded experience that was shoved in our faces by Capcom and NT.

You know. sometimes when go from a masterpice of a game to a good/great game whit similar gameplay. It can feel like a bad game because you are used to better games. And that dosent have to mean that the game is bad. Just that you have higher standards. And sorry i cant provide a link. Don`t know hove to do it.

No, this isn't about my standards being too high. If anything, this is that your standards are too low. Why would you settle for a downgrade at all, especially one that was promised to be better? DmC is average on it's own, it's not a must buy GOTY game. It's a "pick it up when it hits $29.99" game. As a DMC game, it falls short in almost every way.

ok once agen. I said that DmC is a good game. I newer said it was better then the beast in the series and i newer said that i was ok whit how DmC turned out. Even if i rather play the original DMC series i can still see what makes a game good ore bad and to what type of gamers the game can apply to.

Holy **** son grammer at itz best, and that's coming from someone who hate grammer nazis.
---
Ill add something here later....
#32TheSL1ClubPosted 3/27/2013 4:57:19 PM
I thought they implemented a spelling check function in the comments section that you typed in....
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#33Rising_shadowPosted 3/27/2013 5:21:05 PM
And this is why people go to school, to learn a goddamn language.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#34ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/27/2013 5:24:58 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Short answer? No. Long answer? Hell no.
#35zhaoyun99Posted 3/27/2013 5:29:51 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Short answer? No. Long answer? Hell no.

---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#36OracleGunnerPosted 3/27/2013 6:12:05 PM
sundet84 posted...
OracleGunner posted...
It's a rent the game is more platformer than action, looks and plays like a slow moving superman 64 in comparison to the other games in the series, unless you like dubstep kill the audio since the only good VA is in the VD dlc, moves have been simplified so that anyone can SSS and the patch that fixes the difficulty screws up the ranking in certain missions, bosses are rip off KH series and the battles are lackluster at best. So rent it or play the demo it's the same with all the glitches included the game is a 5 or a 5.5~6 with all the dlc currently available. If you happen to like it then good just don't go into forums to bash the previous games and you will be fine.

Comparing it to superman 64 is stupid. Im not saying that DmC is one of the beast games. But one of the better ones. If you just say it`s a bad DMC game thats fine. But saying it`s bad. Like 1-2/10 bad......really.

First off superman 64 when played drunk is great try it you won't remember the bad.

Secondly mind jack is such a bad game it moved superman 64's 2 to a 4 and I already stated that to me this game is a 5 unless you add the DLC in which case it bumps to a 5.5~6. So it's really not that far of a jump.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#37PimpanzaPosted 3/27/2013 8:29:51 PM(edited)
I had to rent and play the game to make up my mind about it, since I thought people who bash it were angry because of change factor and exaggerating issues, and people who like it defend it like a religion.

So, after playing it I'd say don't buy, for several reasons. First, it took me 7 hours 45 minutes to clear nephilim, and I don't feel like starting a new difficulty. So, if that will be your case, you will spend 40-50 $ for eight hours gameplay. Second, the game has some good points but is ridden with flaws and problems, I'll write a sort of super fast review.

Graphics
+Great environments. The environments change before your eyes, spreading destruction as you shift from real word to Limbo. Environments in Limbo are really well designed and immersive.
+Great trash enemies design. All enemies look like some sort of deformed porcelain dolls, with varying signs of distortion. It may be me, but I find porcelain dolls very creepy. Not so good bosses design though.
-30 fps, duh
Sound
-Music is, in my opinion, terrible. It came to a point it was annoying me so I had to turn it off. Seriously, it sounded so horrible I couldn't stand it anymore.
Gameplay
+Switching weapons is, after some practice, very intuitive and fast, making easier to perform great combos. Combos itself are very easy to pull off (if Dante targets what you intend to hit, of course) and very fluid.
+You can bring 4 melee and 3 ranged weapons, expanding your combo capabilities
-Color coded enemies means limiting you combo potential, if you can hit RED enemy with RED weapon of course you can't unleash your full arsenal on them, being a flaw especially in a game you're supposed to chain wide-variety combos not only for survival but also for points. Said enemies are more annoying rather then challenging, and they get especially annoying since there's no precise way to know who your next attack will target.
-Lack of hard lock on means less precision with ranged and, in a minor degree, melee combat, including L2 dash and R2 pull. Furthermore, in this game you have to pick targets because RED/BLUE mechanic, some enemies guard, some are invulnerable from frontal strikes etcetera, so it's just dumb there's no hard target system or even a target indicator. Targeting is very unintuitive, and not having an hard lock on creates camera problems sometimes.
-Enemies take forever to attack you. Not only that, the game makes attack animations as obvious as it can, some stronger attacks are even underlined by a golden silhouette around the enemy performing it.
-You'll spend a lot of time in a mission exploring and platforming, and less time is spent fighting. Exploration is highly discouraged, since you have to beat each level in a limited amount of time. Platforming is more like a quick time event. It involves using your L2 dash and R2 pull when prompted, X and sometimes L2+X to close some gaps. This translates in "L2+Square if you see a BLUE ring", "R2+square if you see a RED ring", "X if you see green ring". To make thing even more dumb, Dante "slows down" when hitting a ring to give your slow brain the time to react to the next color. Actually, it looks more like a QTE (an easy one) than platform action.
-So yeah, lot less action.
-The game is really easy. I mean kindergarten easy. There is only one kind of enemy that is actually challenging, but you'll find like 10 in the whole game.
Story
+Main character, Dante, is quite good. Basically he passes through a process of maturation during the whole game and I ended up liking him.
-Side characters don't show any sort of personality, Vergil is painful to watch. Mundus feels very out of place, acting like a rich rapper instead than a more fitting cold and unethic corporate leader.
-The story is a copycat from They Live, Futurama and, generally, Conspiracy theories, nothing original, awful dialogue
-Tons of minor plot holes
-A couple of major plot holes

That's it. I'd say: rent.
#38NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/27/2013 9:50:34 PM
mtKing52 posted...
I'm considering to get this game soon, but due to all the mixed feelings about it I want to know how you guys feel. I have the 4 DMC games which I think are awesome except 2, but since it doesn't seem like Capcom will continue DMC anytime soon I might as well get this. It took me awhile to get used to the new Dante, but now he seems alright. So just tell me how you think this game is and haters don't just go saying, "This game sucks because this isn't Dante," since as I've said, the new Dante is alright to me now.

Since the full game is out now, you might want to rent and see for yourself. You can also watch the full gameplay on Youtube. You can even watch Vergil's Downfall on Youtube now.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#39produnerPosted 3/27/2013 11:01:47 PM
sundet84 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
sundet84 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
sundet84 posted...
Many has said 1/10 in other topics. One even said that bigg trucks was better then DmC

I'd like to see where people said this, so if you could link to it I'd appreciate it. And I assume you mean Big Riggs. Again, of course DmC isn't as bad as that. It's still a bad game, it's just not downright awful. It's playable, but for many it's a downgraded experience that was shoved in our faces by Capcom and NT.

You know. sometimes when go from a masterpice of a game to a good/great game whit similar gameplay. It can feel like a bad game because you are used to better games. And that dosent have to mean that the game is bad. Just that you have higher standards. And sorry i cant provide a link. Don`t know hove to do it.

No, this isn't about my standards being too high. If anything, this is that your standards are too low. Why would you settle for a downgrade at all, especially one that was promised to be better? DmC is average on it's own, it's not a must buy GOTY game. It's a "pick it up when it hits $29.99" game. As a DMC game, it falls short in almost every way.

ok once agen. I said that DmC is a good game. I newer said it was better then the beast in the series and i newer said that i was ok whit how DmC turned out. Even if i rather play the original DMC series i can still see what makes a game good ore bad and to what type of gamers the game can apply to.

That is a blatant act of racism.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#40IamthekuzalolPosted 3/27/2013 11:05:32 PM
No. Unless you feel that burning your money away is worth it.