If you were a Capcom exec...

#1TheCalibratorPosted 3/28/2013 8:50:49 PM
...before hiring Ninja Theory, which Western studio would be on your laundry list? And it would HAVE to be a western studio because this was something already decided in the past, for experiment's sake I guess - you want a new spin and everything.

I'm just curious on who you guys would pick. And, just for creativity's sake, don't pick some studio really obvious like SCE Santa Monica or Mercury Steam.
#2syctheweilderPosted 3/28/2013 8:51:56 PM
Rocksteady or Vigil.
#3KyryloPosted 3/28/2013 9:05:45 PM
naughty dog.
#4TheCalibrator(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 9:10:16 PM
Kyrylo posted...
naughty dog.

Well...actually, they're a Sony owned studio. :< So, unless you don't want the latest and greatest DMC to be a Playstation exclusive, Naughty Dog is probably not the best choice lol.
#5ramzariotPosted 3/28/2013 9:14:44 PM
I'd have to go with Rocksteady too.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#6KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/28/2013 9:17:17 PM
TheCalibrator posted...
Kyrylo posted...
naughty dog.

Well...actually, they're a Sony owned studio. :< So, unless you don't want the latest and greatest DMC to be a Playstation exclusive, Naughty Dog is probably not the best choice lol.

DMC started as a PS exclusive.... so frankly I wouldn't care.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#7Psychochild27Posted 3/28/2013 9:19:39 PM
Definitely Vigil. Darksiders is hit and miss for some folks but for how simple the combat was, Darksiders 1's combat felt leagues more satisfying than anything you see in DmC.
#8syctheweilderPosted 3/28/2013 9:21:56 PM
I take back what I said. Since Vigil is in limbo right now(pardon the expression) them working on hypothetical DmC might have been the result of them being bought by Capcom, which is only slightly less awful than them being bought by EA or Activision.
#9TheCalibrator(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 9:22:33 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
TheCalibrator posted...
Kyrylo posted...
naughty dog.

DMC started as a PS exclusive.... so frankly I wouldn't care.

But that was in the days of PS2 world dominance lol. These days, exclusives from third party studios are paramount to business suicide.
#10ZeroX91Posted 3/28/2013 10:17:53 PM
Beg nintendo to let us barrow retro, under the stipulation that it would be wiiu exclusive. Then pull a re4.

*insert evil laugh here*
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g