Can we agree that...

#1KyryloPosted 3/29/2013 7:36:13 AM
no matter who won. Positive image of DMC ruined. No matter which games released next, half of the fanbase will be left bitter. If it's DMC5, pros will be left with unfinished plot and bitter taste for antis opposition. If DmC2, antis will be left bitter for proof of complete departure from original style and angry at pros for their support.
So in the end I have only one thing to ask: was it worth it? Many pros are admitting it's good but not great game. So really was such kind of game really worth ruined image of franchise?
#2Gogito4Posted 3/29/2013 7:45:15 AM
Was RE6 worth it?

Was FFXIII worth it?

Was SFXT's DLC worth it?

Was Dead Space 3 worth it?

The answer is all the same.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#3Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:46:22 AM
Gogito4 posted...
Was RE6 worth it?

Was FFXIII worth it?

Was SFXT's DLC worth it?

no it wasn't.....aside from FF XIII which didn't bothered me much. :P
#4Gogito4Posted 3/29/2013 7:49:38 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Gogito4 posted...
Was RE6 worth it?

Was FFXIII worth it?

Was SFXT's DLC worth it?

no it wasn't.....aside from FF XIII which didn't bothered me much. :P

Talking about the fan backlash. You may or may not like XIII, but you do know the fan backlash was MASSIVE, don't you?
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
#5Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:54:44 AM
Gogito4 posted...

Talking about the fan backlash. You may or may not like XIII, but you do know the fan backlash was MASSIVE, don't you?

heard of it. But if you know FF, fans b**** after every part. So it wasn't anything new to me. Since FF7 every part of FF was met with complaints.
#6Gogito4Posted 3/29/2013 7:56:13 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Gogito4 posted...

heard of it. But if you know FF, fans b**** after every part. So it wasn't anything new to me. Since FF7 every part of FF was met with complaints.

Yeah, but nothing even close to XIII. XIII made the complaints about VIII and XII seem... civilized.
---
#7Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:59:14 AM
Gogito4 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Gogito4 posted...

Yeah, but nothing even close to XIII. XIII made the complaints about VIII and XII seem... civilized.

...lol...I think XIV was met even worse:D
#8Gogito4Posted 3/29/2013 8:03:15 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Gogito4 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Gogito4 posted...

...lol...I think XIV was met even worse:D

So badly it got cancelled and remade in like 2 years... yeah, that flunked even more than DmC.
---
#9MoreFunThanTVPosted 3/29/2013 8:04:32 AM
Well to be fair considering this game only sold like 600k-700k copies I don't really think people being bitter for the change back would hurt them that much. Hell with proper marketing and by placing the release date in a deader month they could probably make up the loses with new buyers actually.

I mean think about it, 600k sales - 25% to 50% of those people didn't like the game after they bought it = Only 300k to 450k of bitter people lost to the change back and this isn't even considering the people who bought DmC but also like the old series as well.
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#10Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:09:36 AM
MoreFunThanTV posted...
Well to be fair considering this game only sold like 600k-700k copies I don't really think people being bitter for the change back would hurt them that much. Hell with proper marketing and by placing the release date in a deader month they could probably make up the loses with new buyers actually.

I mean think about it, 600k sales - 25% to 50% of those people didn't like the game after they bought it = Only 300k to 450k of bitter people lost to the change back and this isn't even considering the people who bought DmC but also like the old series as well.

I dunno. I think lashback will still be giant.