This was my first DMC.

#1katellaPosted 3/29/2013 6:22:27 PM
So my question to you all is why this game has such negative views? I thoroughly enjoyed this game and would easily give it like an 8/10 or so. Im not really in to these sort of games to begin with so i guess what im trying to say is, if a genre newbie like me is impressed with this game then why is there such bad juju directed toward it? Is it because i have yet to experience other action games? Ive also played GoW and i feel that theyre on the same level and GoW has very, very good ratings. Just asking because i was really surprised when i saw the score on this game while looking up a quick faq for the last boss.
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
If I exist, female gamer's exist, deal with it.
#2KuxirockPosted 3/29/2013 6:24:10 PM
katella posted...
So my question to you all is why this game has such negative views? I thoroughly enjoyed this game and would easily give it like an 8/10 or so. Im not really in to these sort of games to begin with so i guess what im trying to say is, if a genre newbie like me is impressed with this game then why is there such bad juju directed toward it? Is it because i have yet to experience other action games? Ive also played GoW and i feel that theyre on the same level and GoW has very, very good ratings. Just asking because i was really surprised when i saw the score on this game while looking up a quick faq for the last boss.

Play the real DMCs and you'll find out why this game is hated.
#3JanneDaArc135Posted 3/29/2013 6:28:29 PM
Because us fans are used to playing GOOD DMC's. I guess if you are just starting out in this series you MIGHT think its okay but it can't hold a candle to the original series.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou: Imperishable Night PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#4Malus_X6Posted 3/29/2013 6:28:40 PM
I'm sorry this was your first DMC game.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#5RayconPosted 3/29/2013 6:29:10 PM
katella posted...

*Ctrl+F: Hair not found*

THERE IS A GOD
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#6SilentS89Posted 3/29/2013 6:32:36 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
I'm sorry this was your first DMC game.

This, it only seems good because you don't realize how much of a downgrade DmC is.
#7Gogito4Posted 3/29/2013 6:32:37 PM
katella posted...

You know, it's really simple. Because while this may be a passable game, it has DMC on the title. This means that it should stand up to the rest of the series. It does not. You do not know this, hence you enjoyed it, but the people that followed the series for years could only see a downgraded, casualized, badly written game that smeared trash on the name of the past games.

Basically, it's because it's bad compared to the predecessors.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#8katella(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 6:38:08 PM
Well this game recruited me in to the fan base because i just bought the HD collection today :)

The first one seems kind of dated to me but still pretty good. Im really anxious to play the 3rd one because ive seen some videos of it like on youtube a really long time ago and hear a lot of good things about it.
---
If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic~
If I exist, female gamer's exist, deal with it.
#9RetsuxDPosted 3/29/2013 6:41:23 PM
Don't you dare drop DMC1 and say it's "dated".

I will hunt you.
#10ramzariotPosted 3/29/2013 6:42:35 PM
Dated, always people with the dated.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.