Ninja Theory officially called new Dante EMO

#21Malus_X6Posted 4/3/2013 1:15:04 PM
Solblade44 posted...
Guys, use this to your advantage. For the "Dante is not" pictures, put in something awesome while for the "Dante is" one, put something negative like trash or poop.

Lol want to see this

Hopefully someone will make a blank of the pictures so we could all make and post our own.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#22Ether101Posted 4/3/2013 3:08:14 PM
I've already got an idea of for one featuring Dante and a lobotomized Nero.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#23brawl__08Posted 4/3/2013 4:42:58 PM
So that's

Miyamoto
Sakurai (Smash)
Sakamoto (Metroid)
Iizuka (Sonic)
Aonuma (Zelda)
Ono (Street fighter)
Hirabayashi (Resident Evil)
And now Tameem

All think they know better than what the fans want. This industry is going to hell

More than half of those are either arguable or skewed views of the people themselves. Stop that.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#24Ether101Posted 4/3/2013 5:00:03 PM
brawl__08 posted...
So that's

Miyamoto
Sakurai (Smash)
Sakamoto (Metroid)
Iizuka (Sonic)
Aonuma (Zelda)
Ono (Street fighter)
And now Tameem

All think they know better than what the fans want. This industry is going to hell

More than half of those are either arguable or skewed views of the people themselves. Stop that.

Miyamoto and Aonuma has gone on the record saying that they've tried to gather new fans while sacrificing existing ones.

Sakurai has stated that he made Brawl to screw over people playing Melee comparatively because he didn't want people to do that.
---
#25brawl__08Posted 4/3/2013 5:16:57 PM
Miyamoto and Aonuma has gone on the record saying that they've tried to gather new fans while sacrificing existing ones.

All I've ever read about Aonuma is how awful he is, but never once have I actually seen an article about him saying something that implied he wanted to do things that would ruin Zelda games. The most I've ever seen was an article about him taking criticisms from Wind Waker about the Triforce hunt at the end to heart and trying to eliminate that from Twilight Princess. Also, Zelda cycle.

Miyamoto is an even odder case. The ONLY complaints I've actually seen about him were New Super Mario Bros related (a series he has nothing to do with) or Sticker Star related (something he didn't directly try to alter himself, only changed because Intelligent Systems thought Miyamoto knew better than fans rather than Miyamoto himself thinking anything like that). This is all ignoring the fact that the games he HAS worked directly on, like the Mario Galaxy games, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and Pikmin 3, not to mention the dude flew into the US to oversee the production of the Metroid Prime games at Retro iirc.

If these guys ARE trying to sacrifice old fans for new ones, they're doing an awful job because I'm not seeing any signs of old fans abandoning newer titles. Just about every Mario and Zelda fan I've seen to date has played all of the main titles for both and the opinions always vary.

Sakurai has stated that he made Brawl to screw over people playing Melee comparatively because he didn't want people to do that.

And that's an exaggeration of the truth. Sakurai stated that he wanted Smash to be a game where everyone could jump into and play easily with each other, so he tried to add more factors to focus in on the party aspect. Regardless, not even every competitive player complains there and the overall reception of the game is still extremely positive, and you'd be ignoring literally everything else Sakurai has done (such as Kid Icarus Uprising, his history with Kirby, etc.) JUST to focus in on one game out of a catalog of several games he's worked on.

Most of these people are completely incomparable to Tameem. I refuse to believe anyone could actually think they're on the same level as the guy who goes to conferences saying how an old iteration of a character is a gay weeaboo and insults people over Twitter.
That said, I'm still wondering what Ono did that was so horrible. I think I know what the major complaint with Sakamoto is, which I find to be iffy (I could agree in some regards, but I could disagree in others). Dunno what the main damage Hirabayashi did with RE since the biggest issues I can think of are mainly things that I imagine Capcom wanted.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#26Ether101Posted 4/4/2013 4:49:50 AM
brawl__08 posted...
All I've ever read about Aonuma is how awful he is, but never once have I actually seen an article about him saying something that implied he wanted to do things that would ruin Zelda games.

He thinks the combat system introduced in OoT is a good thing and has retconed the series to revolve around OoT's mess of a story multiple times. He's also casualised the series to the point that the latest installments are closer to toys then games. Those kind of things hurt the franchise.

The most I've ever seen was an article about him taking criticisms from Wind Waker about the Triforce hunt at the end to heart and trying to eliminate that from Twilight Princess. Also, Zelda cycle.

Really, he didn't eliminate is tendency to completely **** the story over so that he can force in a plot twist, or ten, that had no room in the series. More importantly, when you try to hand wave complaints like that you are insulting them. Do you even remotely understand that at all?

Miyamoto is an even odder case. The ONLY complaints I've actually seen about him were New Super Mario Bros related (a series he has nothing to do with) or Sticker Star related (something he didn't directly try to alter himself, only changed because Intelligent Systems thought Miyamoto knew better than fans rather than Miyamoto himself thinking anything like that). This is all ignoring the fact that the games he HAS worked directly on, like the Mario Galaxy games, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, and Pikmin 3, not to mention the dude flew into the US to oversee the production of the Metroid Prime games at Retro iirc.

First off, Miyamoto didn't come state side for Bishōjo Senshi Samus Prime. He did, however force them wake up early for conference calls with him. He also allowed them to deep six the Metroid canon.

If these guys ARE trying to sacrifice old fans for new ones, they're doing an awful job because I'm not seeing any signs of old fans abandoning newer titles. Just about every Mario and Zelda fan I've seen to date has played all of the main titles for both and the opinions always vary.

And here you go being crazy. I've said that Miyamoto and Aonuma are willing to alienate existing fans that doesn't mean what you started that paragraph.

Plus there's this: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185495

Anyone that going to defend Mayimoto after he's pulled **** like that is completely off their rocker.
---
#27largerockPosted 4/4/2013 6:22:57 AM
Faith in humanity now in total: -100
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#28zhaoyun99Posted 4/4/2013 7:35:30 AM
NeoFalconHavok posted...
So that's

Miyamoto
Sakurai (Smash)
Sakamoto (Metroid)
Iizuka (Sonic)
Aonuma (Zelda)
Ono (Street fighter)
And now Tameem

Where is Toriyama? You forgot that douche that think EVERYTHING he did was better than any fan complaints.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun
#29NeoFalconHavokPosted 4/4/2013 7:59:23 AM
brawl__08 posted...
All I've ever read about Aonuma is how awful he is, but never once have I actually seen an article about him saying something that implied he wanted to do things that would ruin Zelda games.

https://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2011/07/14/aonuma-should-never-have-been-hired-by-nintendo/

Bam.

If these guys ARE trying to sacrifice old fans for new ones, they're doing an awful job because I'm not seeing any signs of old fans abandoning newer titles.

Why didn't Galaxy 2 put more Wiis in living rooms over NSMBW? Why didn't Galaxy 2 break sales records? Why weren't analysts shocked from Galaxy 2 over NSMBW?

Miyamoto has been on record saying he does not want to make Super Mario Bros. period. IE sacrificing old fans.

And that's an exaggeration of the truth. Sakurai stated that he wanted Smash to be a game where everyone could jump into and play easily with each other, so he tried to add more factors to focus in on the party aspect.

Then he's an idiot. Melee was not a complex game. EVERYONE could get into it. If he honestly believed he was making the game more friendly instead of F'ing it up, then maybe Namco IS the right choice for Smash >

Most of these people are completely incomparable to Tameem. I refuse to believe anyone could actually think they're on the same level as the guy who goes to conferences saying how an old iteration of a character is a gay weeaboo and insults people over Twitter.

Check that article I gave you.

That said, I'm still wondering what Ono did that was so horrible. I think I know what the major complaint with Sakamoto is, which I find to be iffy (I could agree in some regards, but I could disagree in others). Dunno what the main damage Hirabayashi did with RE since the biggest issues I can think of are mainly things that I imagine Capcom wanted.

Ono: Lets reward the crappy players for getting their asses beat with Hyper Combos that are twice as powerful as Super Combos... which you earn by playing well!

Hirabayashi: The fans are idiots because they think Survival Horror cannot be combined with Call of Duty.

Loving the Sega prejudice btw.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#30No_one_specialPosted 4/4/2013 8:10:41 AM
Lets not forget Sakamoto's ridiculous handling of Samus' characterization in Other M and the fact that we'll probably not get another Metroid game for awhile thanks to Other M's tanking...

All that Nintendo seemed to get from Other M's failure was "People just don't like Metroid anymore."

Nevermind that it warped established series canon and featured such a stupid protagonist.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg