Ninja Theory officially called new Dante EMO

#31mogrockPosted 4/4/2013 10:29:46 AM
Kyrylo posted...
How about this one:
http://i.imgur.com/3pRkiqa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mOX7iKY.jpg

Nuts. It's been months and somehow NT still manages to surprise me with their insanity.
---
http://youtu.be/82aYFrsMGsQ?hd=1
http://youtu.be/5Ns-kXeQCMk
#32Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 10:35:39 AM
mogrock posted...
Kyrylo posted...
How about this one:
http://i.imgur.com/3pRkiqa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mOX7iKY.jpg

Nuts. It's been months and somehow NT still manages to surprise me with their insanity.

believe me, I was like O_O myself.
#33brawl__08Posted 4/4/2013 2:06:52 PM
He thinks the combat system introduced in OoT is a good thing and has retconed the series to revolve around OoT's mess of a story multiple times. He's also casualised the series to the point that the latest installments are closer to toys then games. Those kind of things hurt the franchise.

Buzzwords. You can talk s*** there but Zelda fans do that with every title. Back it all up.
OoT's combat introduced Z-targeting. Lock-on is a big part of many games nowadays. The combat can be argued as being far better than what was seen in previous Zelda games. What has he retconned? How the hell is he casualizing the series? Etc.

Really, he didn't eliminate is tendency to completely **** the story over so that he can force in a plot twist, or ten, that had no room in the series. More importantly, when you try to hand wave complaints like that you are insulting them. Do you even remotely understand that at all?

I understand that people made complaints about the sea in Wind Waker as well as the Triforce hunt, which were both things not really present in Twilight Princess. TP is apparently considered vastly different enough from Wind Waker to be considered as something that was designed with a different thought process in mind. Your complaints are much like that of anyone else I've heard from, which would be different from every other person who had something to say.

First off, Miyamoto didn't come state side for Bishōjo Senshi Samus Prime. He did, however force them wake up early for conference calls with him. He also allowed them to deep six the Metroid canon.

People in general, including Metroid fans, liked how the Metroid Prime games went. Comments like the bold area make me wonder what the f*** you're talking about.

And here you go being crazy. I've said that Miyamoto and Aonuma are willing to alienate existing fans that doesn't mean what you started that paragraph.

So what you're saying is that they're willing, but haven't actually acted upon their apparent ability to do so. What's the problem then?

Plus there's this: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185495

Anyone that going to defend Mayimoto after he's pulled **** like that is completely off their rocker.

Yeah, that was dumb, but this doesn't suddenly lower the quality of Super Mario World or any Mario game unless you find the Mario canon to be a crucial piece of the franchise.

Lets not forget Sakamoto's ridiculous handling of Samus' characterization in Other M and the fact that we'll probably not get another Metroid game for awhile thanks to Other M's tanking...

All that Nintendo seemed to get from Other M's failure was "People just don't like Metroid anymore."

Nevermind that it warped established series canon and featured such a stupid protagonist.

Yeah, like I said, Sakamoto is one I could probably agree with, but I still have reasons to disagree with him being "cancer of the industry" tier. He HAS done his work on Super Metroid, so we know he's not actually incapable of making something good.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#34brawl__08Posted 4/4/2013 2:09:15 PM
https://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2011/07/14/aonuma-should-never-have-been-hired-by-nintendo/

Bam.

So you link me to one of the stupidest f***ers around and try to pass it off as a point?

Look at this tripe. He blames Okami's lack of sales on it being a "copy of modern Zelda" and not on Capcom's abysmal advertising or Clover's lack of success in sales with games in general. He completely disregards that Capcom saw potential in Okami from the obvious positive reception it had and how they went on to create a sequel (which admittedly did fail to sell, but they released it in the same week as Pokemon Black and White, so that was all their fault). I also find it hilarious that he's trying to point at Okami failing and say "LOOK, SEE, MODERN ZELDA CLONES FAIL" and ignore anything else that could prove his point (if it exists) or go against it, like say, Dark Cloud.
This guy assumes Aonuma saying Zelda really developed as a franchise with ALttP means "It wasn't a game until ALttP", as if Aonuma is trying to talk poorly of the old games and not just say that ALttP just acts as a way to describe what gameplay would be like for future titles (protip: the former is an idiots assumption, the latter is the reality of the matter).
Oh yeah, and he attacks Aonuma for not being good at Super Mario Bros, as if how he enjoys the medium relates to his ability to work for it. That's as idiotic as saying Quentin Tarantino is bad at making movies because he enjoys a lot of bad movies (which he does btw).
He's trying to imply that Miyamoto and Aonuma somehow spread the idea of Zelda 2 being considered the black sheep rather than people just saying that themselves as time went on.

Also,
>There was also misinformation that Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine were Mario games and sequels to Super Mario World. This was written as true by the gaming media because Miyamoto and Nintendo believed it to be true. The market, however, clearly do not see Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine as sequels to Super Mario World.

Christ, I hate you for making me read this again. The stupidity is just astounding. I was told only mindless, drooling sheep listen to this moron. Mind confirming that for me?

This article is basically implying that Zeldas 1 and 2 are the only good games (seeing as everything with Aonuma's name in it is being treated as trash, as well as Link's Awakening and ALttP). This is nostalgia to the f***ing max, and I'm not even that big of a Zelda fan.

Why didn't Galaxy 2 put more Wiis in living rooms over NSMBW? Why didn't Galaxy 2 break sales records? Why weren't analysts shocked from Galaxy 2 over NSMBW?

Miyamoto has been on record saying he does not want to make Super Mario Bros. period. IE sacrificing old fans.

What the hell are you trying to get at? NSMBW uses 2D platforming. The general public (aka a lot of the casual audience that bought the Wii for things such as Wii Sports or Wii Fit) was familiar with that and saw it as simple enough for them to play. 3D gameplay is regarded as being difficult among many of the same types of casual players.

Oh, but lets ignore that software sales help fuel Nintendo, or all the praise it received from damn near everyone who played it, or the fact that it's still sold extremely well and most other companies would definitely wish they could have a title as successful as Galaxy 2; IT JUST DIDN'T SELL AS WELL AS NSMBW, WHAT A TRAVESTY
---
#35brawl__08Posted 4/4/2013 2:09:38 PM
Then he's an idiot. Melee was not a complex game. EVERYONE could get into it. If he honestly believed he was making the game more friendly instead of F'ing it up, then maybe Namco IS the right choice for Smash

Oh god, you're one of those people. Alright, look, first of all, Sakurai got Namco to do balancing because Sakurai flat out admitted that balancing isn't his forte. I know you're still going to focus in on that like an angry child throwing a tantrum to try and pass off Sakurai as being bad as Tameem, but try and understand that one action doesn't speak entirely for your intents and wishes. Second, Sakurai's ideas were that he could make it work out for everyone. It didn't. Oh well. His history has shown he's one to try because he likes making games and having people be happy with them.

I honestly wouldn't be on your case over this if you didn't try to put him on the same level as someone like Tameem.

Ono: Lets reward the crappy players for getting their asses beat with Hyper Combos that are twice as powerful as Super Combos... which you earn by playing well!

Not the best gameplay design, yeah. Still, Ono fought with the heads of Capcom for years to try and get Street Fighter IV made in the first place. The dude essentially fought for Capcom to give fighting games more of a chance. How is that spitting on the faces of players?

Hirabayashi: The fans are idiots because they think Survival Horror cannot be combined with Call of Duty.

All I know is that he worked on RE6, but I'm not sure if he ever actually showed full intent to change the series in that direction or if that was just Capcom trying to capture more of the western audience (something we know they're trying to do seeing as they're taking full advantage of the fighting game successes that Ono helped bring as well as the obvious case of DmC).

Loving the Sega prejudice btw.

I don't have much to say for Iizuka. I know he's done a lot on Sonic and a bit more on NiGHTS in recent years, but a lot of that comes from complications with the company in general. I doubt you could pin single blame on him, or arguably any at all depending on the circumstances. I'd love to hear what bull you could give me here though.
---
#36Little_IshidaPosted 4/4/2013 4:07:31 PM
Because i had nothing else to do, enjoy the brilliant quality of paint.
http://i.imgur.com/nCx1Q6n.jpg
---
Ieyasu......Ieyasu.....
IIIIEEEEYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
#37NeoFalconHavokPosted 4/5/2013 5:54:35 AM
So you link me to one of the stupidest f***ers around and try to pass it off as a point?

never once have I actually seen an article about him saying something that implied he wanted to do things that would ruin Zelda games.

Actual quotes that directly implies he holds contempt for the classic Zelda games, found in the article. While not on the same level as Tameem for classic Dante, it's essentially the same exact thought process. He also went in and stated that he would rather play a game that's more so a pc adventure game, which is what later Zelda games felt like in comparison to older titles. That was the point.

He blames Okami's lack of sales on it being a "copy of modern Zelda" and not on Capcom's abysmal advertising

Xenoblade Chronicles had NO ADVERTISING and outsold Japanese copies in the US, so much that Nintendo made freaking reprints. What's Capcom's excuse?

he attacks Aonuma for not being good at Super Mario Bros, as if how he enjoys the medium relates to his ability to work for it.

Actually, it does. He directly changed the gameplay format of Zelda games to suit his own needs. The previous Zelda games had a focus on combat and exploration. The latest Zelda games do not. Because in his opinion, he doesn't know how people could enjoy a game like Zelda 1 or even 2. And if Aonuma's Zelda titles were actually good, they would not end up in the bargain bin of all places.

What the hell are you trying to get at? NSMBW uses 2D platforming. The general public (aka a lot of the casual audience

I stopped reading at "casual". That's damage control. More people will BUY a Wii for NSMB than a standard 3D Mario title. Hell, the 3DS was salvaged thanks to NSMB2 and not 3D Land.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#38NeoFalconHavokPosted 4/5/2013 5:54:45 AM
Sakurai got Namco to do balancing because Sakurai flat out admitted that balancing isn't his forte.

The only time he didn't balance the Smash games was with Brawl. 64 and Melee were not cluster****s due to a few characters being ProGodBeastMode. People had to push hard to make Fox, Marth, and Sheik as more powerful characters than before. That wasn't Sakurai's fault. His intent was to deliberately limit a certain group of players from being able to "break the game". What happens is the game is less enjoyable than not.

I know you're still going to focus in on that like an angry child throwing a tantrum to try and pass off Sakurai as being bad as Tameem

That wasn't my point. He thought he knew better than what the fans wanted for Smash Bros. Same with Miyamoto. "My game doesn't sell as well as his! My games are not accessible enough!" That's the attitude that Tameem also has. Does Miyamoto have to come out and say "Old Mario is not cool like new Mario" in order to be compared to Tameem? If so, you are incredibly simple-minded.

Sakurai's ideas were that he could make it work out for everyone. It didn't.

End of discussion.

All I know is that he worked on RE6, but I'm not sure if he ever actually showed full intent to change the series in that direction or if that was just Capcom trying to capture more of the western audience

He's been the producer of the series since REmake (though he's not credited for RE5 if my memory serves me). Producer's usually have more control over products.

He keeps complaining that the fans don't want the series to go in that direction and constantly tries to convince people that "it can work". RE6 sold well (not up to Capcom's ridiculous standards, mind you), but all I see is mass disappointment from fans. And he's still basically saying "COD RE can work!". He doesn't care what the fans say.

I don't have much to say for Iizuka. I know he's done a lot on Sonic and a bit more on NiGHTS in recent years, but a lot of that comes from complications with the company in general. I doubt you could pin single blame on him, or arguably any at all depending on the circumstances.

http://nubiankt.wordpress.com/2012/11/20/takashi-iizuka-is-an-idiot/

Also, it was his idea to put a gun in Shadow.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#39No_one_specialPosted 4/5/2013 10:11:52 AM
Yeah, like I said, Sakamoto is one I could probably agree with, but I still have reasons to disagree with him being "cancer of the industry" tier. He HAS done his work on Super Metroid, so we know he's not actually incapable of making something good.

The dude's stupidity and ridiculous gender politics has probably killed off the Metroid series as we know it.

And lets not forget how he went and retconned the most critically-acclaimed games IN the Metroid series in order to fit his abomination of a game into the timeline...
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#40brawl__08Posted 4/5/2013 9:33:47 PM
Actual quotes that directly implies he holds contempt for the classic Zelda games, found in the article. While not on the same level as Tameem for classic Dante, it's essentially the same exact thought process. He also went in and stated that he would rather play a game that's more so a pc adventure game, which is what later Zelda games felt like in comparison to older titles. That was the point.

But that's exactly my point. You can't put them at the same level when they clearly aren't there. Maybe you can say "oh, they're similar", but they're clearly far enough from each other to make it noteworthy that they're not the same kinds of beasts.

Anyways, I would still argue there for multiple reasons. Finding the old games difficult doesn't mean contempt. I know we live in an age where idiotic gaming "jounalists" finding a game too hard means they don't like it, but that isn't representative of what video game fans think, and as such, it definitely doesn't mean what the people working in the industry think. The biggest thing Malstrom focuses on is Aonuma saying that ALttP is what helped develop Zelda as a franchise. That isn't holding the older games in contempt, he's just saying that ALttP is the point at which he believes the team down at Nintendo started figuring out the direction they want to take the series in, which is evident by the fact that there is a clear difference in Zelda I and Zelda II, meaning they didn't have a clear idea of what the franchise should be like.

Furthermore, you're criticizing Aonuma for not doing what the fans want. Tell me, how many people are clamoring for Zelda I and II style gameplay over "modern Zelda"? Why is it that numerous people who claim to be Zelda fans, ever since the days of Zelda I, II, and/or ALttP feel fine with at least some of the modern games? I should also add this is part of the reason why Malstrom is impossible to take seriously. He constantly bashes "modern Zelda" as if they were all complete failures when the reception to them has been widely positive (almost consistently, a game like Majora's Mask or Wind Waker is on someone's top 10 favorites list).

This is what separates Tameem and Aonuma completely. Alright, for the sake of the discussion, lets say Aonuma DID alienate fans the same way that Tameem did. DmC was incapable of selling over a million copies, the fan reception has been largely negative, with the most defense for it being "it's not that bad!" This isn't the same as any of the modern Zelda titles, not by a long shot.

Xenoblade Chronicles had NO ADVERTISING and outsold Japanese copies in the US, so much that Nintendo made freaking reprints. What's Capcom's excuse?

Well actually, it did have an advertising campaign of sorts. Operation Rainfall had gained a lot of publicity. Xenoblade was probably the game they focused on most, but Nintendo had addressed their wishes for Xenoblade specifically because they really tried to spread the word and get people to support the localization of a game they believed was GOTY quality. Gamestop had their hand in actually trying to sell the game too. Ever been in a Gamestop for the time before Xenoblade came out? Just gonna drop an anecdote here and say that Xenoblade was ALWAYS something they mentioned to the people visiting, and it practically had its own area with the amount of display copies they used to show it off in the Wii section.

This isn't the same as Okami. Okami suffered from different times when the Internet didn't have as big of an impact as it does now. It also suffered because Capcom doesn't gain the same type of attention that Nintendo does. Nintendo has a much bigger fanbase simply by virtue of being both a manufacturer of consoles as well as a major developing and publishing company.
---