People honestly think this game is worse than DMC 2?

#41smithkakarotPosted 3/30/2013 9:20:27 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Strelok posted...
True, same for this.
But at least DMC2 isn't trying to offend me in every cutscene.

^ This. DMC 2 was a little boring. DmC kind of went out of its way to be offensive and controversial. DMC 2 also didn't constantly stick it's finger in the eye of DMC fans.

To be honest, I'm a little insulted by Ninja Theory. Is this how they view most young people today? A lot of people say that the DmC Dante is relatable. Honestly, I don't want to relate to DmC Dante and I don't want to relate to someone in real life who acts like DmC Dante. Believe it or not, there are people who act like original DMC Dante, too.

I remember when I was watching a friend of mine playing this Touhou fighting game with another dude, and one of them was the frog chick, and she got KO'd...and I said, "Aw, you made her croak!"
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#42Xtreme65Posted 3/30/2013 11:05:16 PM
Other than the wig scene (which is VERY insulting btw.) what other times did the game insult the fanbase? The wig scene is literally the only throwback to original Dante. (and the DMC3 costume but thats DLC.)
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#43SiLVeR_420Posted 3/30/2013 11:16:04 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Crono travels TIME! That alone one-ups Freeman.

Freeman kind traveled time to...althought involuntary he still did it in a way.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#44Qwesar23464Posted 3/30/2013 11:17:40 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
Crono travels TIME! That alone one-ups Freeman.

Freeman kind traveled time to...althought involuntary he still did it in a way.

That's not time travel. That's sleeping.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#45NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/30/2013 11:20:54 PM(edited)
Xtreme65 posted...
Other than the wig scene (which is VERY insulting btw.) what other times did the game insult the fanbase? The wig scene is literally the only throwback to original Dante. (and the DMC3 costume but thats DLC.)

There were times when Ninja Theory said, "original Dante was outdated and would be laughed out of a bar." And, "old Dante isn't relevant for today and is too Japanese-y." What's really weird is that DMC NEVER even had Japanese voice actors, even in the untranslated version. It's just Japanese text, but the voices are still in English. The only real "Japanese-y" thing in DMC was Yamato.

Also, Tameem insulted someone on Twitter when they asked for him to please fix something in the game. I forget what it was that the gamer asked to fix, but the gamer asked politely and Tameem responded very rudely. And blaming fans for a game not doing well really doesn't help. There was even a headline that said, "Capcom HAPPY to prove DMC fans wrong." Ninja Theory really needs to work on their PR skills.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#46JanneDaArc135Posted 3/30/2013 11:20:40 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Xtreme65 posted...

There were times when Ninja Theory said, "original Dante was outdated and would be laughed out of a bar." And, "old Dante isn't relevant for today and is too Japanese-y." What's really weird is that DMC NEVER even had Japanese voice actors, even in the untranslated version. It's just Japanese text, but the voices are still in English.

Also, Tameem insulted someone on Twitter when they asked for him to please fix something in the game. I forget what it was that the gamer asked to fix, but the gamer asked politely and Tameem responded very rudely. And blaming fans for a game not doing well really doesn't help. There was even a headline that said, "Capcom HAPPY to prove DMC fans wrong." Ninja Theory really needs to work on their PR skills.

+1
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou: Imperishable Night PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#47tehdudPosted 3/31/2013 12:41:09 AM
DMC2 is like a dry dog turd
DmC is runny dog turd
---
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#48StrelokPosted 3/31/2013 3:27:14 AM
@Xtreme:
The game insults us with its mere presence, the fact that they seem to keep trying to shove in our face how "cool" this "new Dante" of theirs is (He isn't, he is an ass!).

The entire game and the PR around it was just insulting.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#49demonfang178Posted 3/31/2013 5:40:46 AM
DMC2 has wonky hitboxes (most noticeably in its air combo; notice I said "combo," not "combos"), moves that have absolutely no use or are either rarely needed (wall run, twosome time), rewards S style ranks for spamming guns at S rank unhindered, has most fights evolve into Special move until S rank > spam guns because of lack of meaningful enemy differentiation, the blandest secret missions (at least the early ones; I heard the one where you fight Arius three times is cool) and long periods where you just run (I don't even need to list any examples, it's pretty much every mission). Oh, and a boss that even True Style players can't fight stylishly. You can assume if they can't do it, the way doesn't exist.

Ignoring all outside influences (I know Tam Tam and gaming "journalists" makes it hard), DmC is still the better game.

Funny enough, it's topics like these that make me want to play DmC just to see how much better it is than DMC2. I am not going to, but the urge is there in a small quantity.
#50StrelokPosted 3/31/2013 10:45:38 AM
Actually, I disagree.
DMC2 at least had no f***ing gamebreaking bugs.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg