Still skeptical about this game...

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 3/30/2013 8:52:44 PM
I like the Devil May Cry series. 3 is by far my favorite with 4 in a close second.

I must have watched a hundred gameplay videos for this particular game and I like what I see. What I don't like is the dialogue. I only heard snippets but by god its the worst dialogue I ever listened to. Also new Dante, as a character, is really bad.

My question is does the gameplay outweigh the terrible dialogue and characters enough to constitute a buy as a DMC fan?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#2HellsControllerPosted 3/30/2013 8:54:41 PM
No.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#3PunkMcThrustPosted 3/30/2013 8:56:37 PM
The gameplay is terrible.
And do you really want to buy something and support a developer like this?
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201303/29031133.html

And a publisher as awful as Capcom? No, you don't.
---
Armstrong for President
#45hadowsPosted 3/30/2013 9:06:57 PM
Buy Metal Gear Rising instead check some videos, you'll like it better than this game.
---
Ill add something here later....
#5aznghostbusterPosted 3/30/2013 9:19:43 PM
5hadows posted...
Buy Metal Gear Rising instead check some videos, you'll like it better than this game.

---
"Platinum Games is an American company with an American name. Square Enix is the most American Japanese company ever." - GoreGross
GT: TheLoveFister
#6KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/30/2013 9:23:07 PM
Well, the gameplay is a big downgrade from previous DMC games. If you don't mind it being dumbed down and more casual friendly, you might like it. The dialogue and plot only get worse though, so proceed at your own risk.

Let me put it like this; if you were a DMC player that liked to do some technical and heavy comboes, you liked the difficulty, or you liked the overall feel of the combat of past DMC's, you should probably skip this one. If you just played the past DMC's and didn't really care too much about how deep the combat was, you might enjoy the combat in this one. Again, be advised that the story and dialogue are actually a bit worse than what you see in trailers and stuff.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#7JanneDaArc135Posted 3/30/2013 9:37:24 PM
inb4 mixors says its the greatest game in all H&S history.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou: Imperishable Night PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#8OutsiderHallPosted 3/30/2013 9:43:25 PM
play the demo, rent it, borrow it, heck, buy it used, and then form your opinion.

personally i thought the game was okay, despite all its flaws.
#9DuuuDe14Posted 3/30/2013 9:54:30 PM
Run away. Save yourself

*sits on Dante's chair*
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#10NostalgiaRulesPosted 3/30/2013 11:05:56 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
I like the Devil May Cry series. 3 is by far my favorite with 4 in a close second.

I must have watched a hundred gameplay videos for this particular game and I like what I see. What I don't like is the dialogue. I only heard snippets but by god its the worst dialogue I ever listened to. Also new Dante, as a character, is really bad.

My question is does the gameplay outweigh the terrible dialogue and characters enough to constitute a buy as a DMC fan?

Not to me, no. The only real way to find out is to rent the game and play it for yourself.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.