What went wrong?

#1StepswordsmanPosted 4/1/2013 1:39:54 AM
This has been puzzling me for a long time. DMC series obviously needed a reboot - ask any of the videogame experts who reviewed DmC and know a lot about the DMC games. DmC is also much better than any of those games, except DMC and DMC3SE - again, check the ratings. However, it can't outsell any of those, and barely keeps up with DMC HD Collection, despite coming out on two consoles and PC. It is also better than its "rival", MGR (the ratings again), and yet more people bought MGR in the first week than DmC in over a month.

So, what exactly was the reason why this game failed? My fellow board users already know that there's one tiny, seemingly insignificant detail that caused this great game to fail, as it's completely perfect in every single other aspect, but it seems that even after more than two months, we still can't agree on what that detail is.

My personal theory is the hair, by the way.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#2smithkakarotPosted 4/1/2013 1:41:42 AM
I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#3vhunter14Posted 4/1/2013 1:42:47 AM
it's clear as day, the ratings mean nothing, people like metal gear rising more. Go figure they prefer that over this. Of course to end your post you put the most trollish comment in there too.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#4Stepswordsman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:48:51 AM
It's more than just ratings, though. People have been bashing ratings for being "unfair" for a long time, but some reviewers clearly state in their articles that DMC was stagnating, which means that the reboot necessary, and that DmC is great, which means that the reboot was supposedly a success.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#5vhunter14Posted 4/1/2013 1:50:27 AM
But it was not because it sold like rotten cakes. Wonder why??? Oh yeah tameem.
---
Official Nemesis Of the UMVC3 Board...S.T.A.R.S.
#6bigdom93Posted 4/1/2013 2:13:42 AM
smithkakarot posted...

Even Derpy knows what went wrong
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#7smithkakarotPosted 4/1/2013 2:19:18 AM
bigdom93 posted...
smithkakarot posted...

Even Derpy knows what went wrong

Unlikable protagonist + dumbing down of a working formula + bad attitudes on the parts of the devs?
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#8DagorhaPosted 4/1/2013 2:26:38 AM
troll fail
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#9NeoTStylePosted 4/1/2013 3:33:40 AM
everything.
#10KyryloPosted 4/1/2013 4:10:30 AM
Stepswordsman posted...
This has been puzzling me for a long time. DMC series obviously needed a reboot - ask any of the videogame experts who reviewed DmC and know a lot about the DMC games. DmC is also much better than any of those games, except DMC and DMC3SE - again, check the ratings. However, it can't outsell any of those, and barely keeps up with DMC HD Collection, despite coming out on two consoles and PC. It is also better than its "rival", MGR (the ratings again), and yet more people bought MGR in the first week than DmC in over a month.

So, what exactly was the reason why this game failed? My fellow board users already know that there's one tiny, seemingly insignificant detail that caused this great game to fail, as it's completely perfect in every single other aspect, but it seems that even after more than two months, we still can't agree on what that detail is.

My personal theory is the hair, by the way.

ignorance is a bliss.