Why do people honestly believe DMC1 is the best in the series?

#1RetsuxDPosted 4/1/2013 8:16:45 AM(edited)
I've seen this post far too many times in this board, and by different people, but they're just stating that which is OBJECTIVELY wrong.

DMC1 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games, and considering the quality of them, THAT is a real achievement.
Clunky and sluggish gameplay coupled with the most uninspired RE ripoff atmosphere that serves no purpose other than DURR SWORDFIGHTON IN DA DARK LIKE IN MY SOOOOOOOOUL(and on the subject of souls: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEGHT, seriously, how can you even accept this kind of voice acting?) and almost non-existant, forgettable music, alongside trial and error gameplay FILLED TO THE BRIM with artificial difficulty(Changing the enemy placement in harder mode? Lazy way to go, Crapcom) make it nearky downright unplayable, how can you even fathom more than 90 minutes of playing it is beyond me.

And let's not even start with the story...actually, yeah, let's start it:
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD
I'LL GO TO AN ISLAND TO KILL THE DEVIL BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE MY MOM
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
DEVILS NEVER CRY

DMC1 is one of the reasons why video games will never be looked as a form of art, thanks to its cancerous essence that was reworked in many other games.

But I get it, it's cool to hate DmC because god forbid a franchise is rebooted on this decade, and because Dante doesn't have that precious red coat unless you buy it for DLC, but you're about to stop your bloodflow with your nostalgia goggles towards DMC1, accept it, so we can all move on from all this self-entitlement in gaming and look forward to DmC2.
#2KyryloPosted 4/1/2013 8:31:02 AM
ph, look another deluded soul degraded by stupidity of DmC's writing.
#3OutsiderHallPosted 4/1/2013 8:34:35 AM
probably the same reason why i still consider silent hill 1 to be the absolutely best.

cuz it isssssssssssssss.
#4akira_hisyamPosted 4/1/2013 9:04:54 AM
what a joke,complaining,whining about the game which were out 12 years ago.it the same story in DmC your mom is angel whore while your dad is pussicat weakest demon but yeah with stupid politic plot,unlike dmc1 plot which were simple and didnt take too seriously,your mom were human,kill by evil wub wub demon king while your daddy the badass sparda either dead or who know where he is,the plot is there dont need to self moronic big mouth to break the myth and trite of movie,theatre and any games.

and it sound stupid when demon call dino son of sparda,didnt make sense at all.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#5RayconPosted 4/1/2013 9:09:40 AM
RetsuxD posted...
I've seen this post far too many times in this board, and by different people, but they're just stating that which is OBJECTIVELY wrong.

DMC1 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games, and considering the quality of them, THAT is a real achievement.
Clunky and sluggish gameplay coupled with the most uninspired RE ripoff atmosphere that serves no purpose other than DURR SWORDFIGHTON IN DA DARK LIKE IN MY SOOOOOOOOUL(and on the subject of souls: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEGHT, seriously, how can you even accept this kind of voice acting?) and almost non-existant, forgettable music, alongside trial and error gameplay FILLED TO THE BRIM with artificial difficulty(Changing the enemy placement in harder mode? Lazy way to go, Crapcom) make it nearky downright unplayable, how can you even fathom more than 90 minutes of playing it is beyond me.

And let's not even start with the story...actually, yeah, let's start it:
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
DEVILS NEVER CRY

DMC1 is one of the reasons why video games will never be looked as a form of art, thanks to its cancerous essence that was reworked in many other games.

But I get it, it's cool to hate DmC because god forbid a franchise is rebooted on this decade, and because Dante doesn't have that precious red coat unless you buy it for DLC, but you're about to stop your bloodflow with your nostalgia goggles towards DMC1, accept it, so we can all move on from all this self-entitlement in gaming and look forward to DmC2.

I actually replayed DMC1 just a month or two ago. I remembered hating it my first time through, and I could not believe how well that game has aged. Enemies are top notch, and combat lacks the complexity of later entries (understandably) but it's got all the basics and it's fun as hell (ha). It still retains a great sense of atmosphere, maybe left over from RE, but it works wonders with the gothic setting of the game. The sense of dread fits perfectly into the environment and adds a sense of gravity to your steady exploration.

It's level design was all around pretty solid. Has plenty to keep the player moving forward, but gives more than enough opportunities to backtrack and explore for the harder to find blue orbs. The story and characters are amazingly sound- the game knows how to keep Dante serious and cocky at the same time without compromising both. His character is very robust and has quickly become my favorite iteration of Dante.

The lack of a level select really hurts this game though. Missing one blue orb or secret mission could become instantly unreachable until your next round, and that's all kinds of frustrating. DMC1 isn't my favorite (reserved for DMC3), but it has a lot of my favorite things in it. I'd love to return to the more horror oriented atmosphere in the future. Combined with the awesome gameplay of more recent entries, it would be incredible.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#6produnerPosted 4/1/2013 9:10:27 AM
**** NT , capcom and DmC.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#7MatrierePosted 4/1/2013 9:10:37 AM
Don't feed the troll kiddies.
---
Currently Playing: Neptunia V, MH3U, Totori+
PSN: Hoguru 3DS FC: 3995-6658-2489
#8Qwesar23464Posted 4/1/2013 9:29:59 AM
You are absolutely right TC. I don't know how these people really think such a clunky, ugly, and unintuitive game is considered the best in the series? And this supposed to be the best Dante? The one who fills your dark soul with light? Come on people. Next your gonna tell me it's not creepy that there's sexual tension between him and what is basically a demon clone of his mother.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#9MoreFunThanTVPosted 4/1/2013 9:38:35 AM
RetsuxD posted...

Seems like a good enough place to ask something about Trish that's been bothering me now that I've played DMC1 and 4.

Are we sure that the form that looks like his mother is actually her real form and not just one Mundus had her take for the specific mission of tricking Dante and she decided to keep using it because of her attachment to Dante by the end of DMC1?

Reason I say this is because DMC4 makes it clear that she can make herself look pretty much anyway she wants and it would seem weird to me for Mundus to make a demon who can look like anyone have a default form that looks like Eva when she could easily just turn herself into Eva for this mission and then be anyone else he needs her to be later.

So this leads me to believe that Trish is actually this lol:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110910193827/disney/images/b/b4/Treasureplanet-disneyscreencaps_com-2304.jpg
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#10ramzariotPosted 4/1/2013 9:49:15 AM
It is possible that maintaining a form takes conscious effort. If so then the Eva form would be her true form.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.