Why do people honestly believe DMC1 is the best in the series?

#21SmashwarlocksPosted 4/1/2013 9:30:00 AM
RetsuxD posted...
I've seen this post far too many times in this board, and by different people, but they're just stating that which is OBJECTIVELY wrong.

DMC1 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games, and considering the quality of them, THAT is a real achievement.
Clunky and sluggish gameplay coupled with the most uninspired RE ripoff atmosphere that serves no purpose other than DURR SWORDFIGHTON IN DA DARK LIKE IN MY SOOOOOOOOUL(and on the subject of souls: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEGHT, seriously, how can you even accept this kind of voice acting?) and almost non-existant, forgettable music, alongside trial and error gameplay FILLED TO THE BRIM with artificial difficulty(Changing the enemy placement in harder mode? Lazy way to go, Crapcom) make it nearky downright unplayable, how can you even fathom more than 90 minutes of playing it is beyond me.

And let's not even start with the story...actually, yeah, let's start it:
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD
I'LL GO TO AN ISLAND TO KILL THE DEVIL BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE MY MOM
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
DEVILS NEVER CRY

DMC1 is one of the reasons why video games will never be looked as a form of art, thanks to its cancerous essence that was reworked in many other games.

But I get it, it's cool to hate DmC because god forbid a franchise is rebooted on this decade, and because Dante doesn't have that precious red coat unless you buy it for DLC, but you're about to stop your bloodflow with your nostalgia goggles towards DMC1, accept it, so we can all move on from all this self-entitlement in gaming and look forward to DmC2.

Because it God said it was.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#22produnerPosted 4/1/2013 9:32:13 AM
Qwesar23464 posted...
produner posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
Sasukefire posted...
DMC2 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games
Fix'd. This topic is bad.

Opinion. We are talking about FACTS here, my good sir. And the fact is that DMC1 has the worst combat out of the original DMC series.

Fact DMC had smooth controls, 60fps, minimum input lag, great balance and fast combat. All of the previous is better than it is in both DmC and DMC2, except that DMC2 had relatively smooth and responsive controls, and 60fps. So the only game with performance issues and clunky combat is DmC.

DMC3=DMC4>DMC1>DMC2>DmC

Well, what you just posted proves the original point, doesn't it? DMC1 is not the best, it's third place. Middle.

Yes, it has the edge in atmosphere,some boss battles, challenge and character design. The other two games , DMC3 and 4 have more complex and meaningful story, more action scenes and deeper combat . It is the first game and it has its strong points, but it is in top 3 obviously, above DmC and DMC2.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#23produnerPosted 4/1/2013 9:36:06 AM
Where the heck is alex and roxas?
---
#24Qwesar23464Posted 4/1/2013 9:38:10 AM
produner posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
produner posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
Sasukefire posted...
DMC2 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games
Fix'd. This topic is bad.

Opinion. We are talking about FACTS here, my good sir. And the fact is that DMC1 has the worst combat out of the original DMC series.

Fact DMC had smooth controls, 60fps, minimum input lag, great balance and fast combat. All of the previous is better than it is in both DmC and DMC2, except that DMC2 had relatively smooth and responsive controls, and 60fps. So the only game with performance issues and clunky combat is DmC.

DMC3=DMC4>DMC1>DMC2>DmC

Well, what you just posted proves the original point, doesn't it? DMC1 is not the best, it's third place. Middle.

Yes, it has the edge in atmosphere,some boss battles, challenge and character design. The other two games , DMC3 and 4 have more complex and meaningful story, more action scenes and deeper combat . It is the first game and it has its strong points, but it is in top 3 obviously, above DmC and DMC2.

Top 3 out of five, four if you don't count DmC, which I don't.

(And outside of this little farce, for me personally it is DMC3, DMC1, DMC4, and DMC2. DMC4 just had some annoying flaws that put it lower for me.)
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#25RetsuxD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 9:40:22 AM
produner posted...

Probably checking the post date, I assume.
#26produnerPosted 4/1/2013 9:43:12 AM
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...

You forgot to add alastor in the topic for a....
---
#27RetsuxD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 9:46:22 AM
produner posted...
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...

You forgot to add alastor in the topic for a....

God damn it, I knew I missed some points...
#28Edward_R_MurrowPosted 4/1/2013 9:58:30 AM
"Changing the enemy placement in harder mode? Lazy way to go, Crapcom"

This is the point where it clicked for me.

Happy April Fool's Day, bros.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#29heartlesshero17Posted 4/1/2013 10:03:55 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
OutsiderHall posted...
probably the same reason why i still consider silent hill 1 to be the absolutely best.

cuz it isssssssssssssss.

Silent Hill 2 did everything better.

Personally thought 3 was better
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#30PhophenomenonPosted 4/1/2013 10:07:55 AM
Well, first of all, of course DMC1 was going to have the RE atmosphere, because it supposedly another RE title but the gameplay strayed too far from the traditional RE style. And second, DMC2 is the worst of the series. And third, is this an April Fool's joke!
---
FUAAAAARRRRKKKK!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/Phophenomenon