Why do people honestly believe DMC1 is the best in the series?

#31Yami_light_Posted 4/1/2013 11:10:15 AM
Because is the most balanced.

you can't see it I can't help you
---
Capcom and EA in a nutshell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ&feature=relmfu PSN:Light_Yami
#32PunkMcThrustPosted 4/1/2013 12:19:46 PM
Because the atmosphere is unique. there's really no games that have the same feeling as the setting of DMC1, and because the gameplay which is focused on using Devil Trigger which has a ton of functionality.

Honestly I didn't play DMC1 until the HD Collection came out. Well I played it for 2 minutes on the PS2 before I decided I wasn't going to play a goddamn game where I jump with triangle. And it was great, especially considering how old it was.

Much better than DmC and DMC2 at least, not nearly on the level of 3 and 4 but GASP SEQUELS ARE SUPPOSED TO IMPROVE ON THEIR PREDECESSORS so no shocker there.
---
Armstrong for President
#335hadowsPosted 4/1/2013 12:27:13 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Because the atmosphere is unique. there's really no games that have the same feeling as the setting of DMC1, and because the gameplay which is focused on using Devil Trigger which has a ton of functionality.

Honestly I didn't play DMC1 until the HD Collection came out. Well I played it for 2 minutes on the PS2 before I decided I wasn't going to play a goddamn game where I jump with triangle. And it was great, especially considering how old it was.

Much better than DmC and DMC2 at least, not nearly on the level of 3 and 4 but GASP SEQUELS ARE SUPPOSED TO IMPROVE ON THEIR PREDECESSORS so no shocker there.

The gameflow and asthetics are much better, the game feels like there is much more going in than just go trough areas killing stuff. It is also amazing how as you progress the place starts morphing and going bizarre, places like mirror world, and the last dungeon are one of the coolest places in a DMC game.

That world where you fight Nelo Angelo for the last time and the cave area are pretty cool too.
---
Ill add something here later....
#34Ink-RibbonPosted 4/1/2013 12:27:25 PM
RetsuxD posted...
I've seen this post far too many times in this board, and by different people, but they're just stating that which is OBJECTIVELY wrong.

DMC1 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games, and considering the quality of them, THAT is a real achievement.
Clunky and sluggish gameplay coupled with the most uninspired RE ripoff atmosphere that serves no purpose other than DURR SWORDFIGHTON IN DA DARK LIKE IN MY SOOOOOOOOUL(and on the subject of souls: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEGHT, seriously, how can you even accept this kind of voice acting?) and almost non-existant, forgettable music, alongside trial and error gameplay FILLED TO THE BRIM with artificial difficulty(Changing the enemy placement in harder mode? Lazy way to go, Crapcom) make it nearky downright unplayable, how can you even fathom more than 90 minutes of playing it is beyond me.

And let's not even start with the story...actually, yeah, let's start it:
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD
I'LL GO TO AN ISLAND TO KILL THE DEVIL BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE MY MOM
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
DEVILS NEVER CRY

DMC1 is one of the reasons why video games will never be looked as a form of art, thanks to its cancerous essence that was reworked in many other games.

But I get it, it's cool to hate DmC because god forbid a franchise is rebooted on this decade, and because Dante doesn't have that precious red coat unless you buy it for DLC, but you're about to stop your bloodflow with your nostalgia goggles towards DMC1, accept it, so we can all move on from all this self-entitlement in gaming and look forward to DmC2.

0/10
#35produnerPosted 4/1/2013 12:28:59 PM
Afril pool. La-li-lu-le-lo
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#36PunkMcThrustPosted 4/1/2013 12:37:33 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
RetsuxD posted...
I've seen this post far too many times in this board, and by different people, but they're just stating that which is OBJECTIVELY wrong.

DMC1 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games, and considering the quality of them, THAT is a real achievement.
Clunky and sluggish gameplay coupled with the most uninspired RE ripoff atmosphere that serves no purpose other than DURR SWORDFIGHTON IN DA DARK LIKE IN MY SOOOOOOOOUL(and on the subject of souls: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEGHT, seriously, how can you even accept this kind of voice acting?) and almost non-existant, forgettable music, alongside trial and error gameplay FILLED TO THE BRIM with artificial difficulty(Changing the enemy placement in harder mode? Lazy way to go, Crapcom) make it nearky downright unplayable, how can you even fathom more than 90 minutes of playing it is beyond me.

MY PARENTS ARE DEAD
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
DEVILS NEVER CRY

DMC1 is one of the reasons why video games will never be looked as a form of art, thanks to its cancerous essence that was reworked in many other games.

But I get it, it's cool to hate DmC because god forbid a franchise is rebooted on this decade, and because Dante doesn't have that precious red coat unless you buy it for DLC, but you're about to stop your bloodflow with your nostalgia goggles towards DMC1, accept it, so we can all move on from all this self-entitlement in gaming and look forward to DmC2.

0/10

Wow. Retsu. Just... wow. HOW BAD DO YOU HAVE TO BE FOR INK RIBBON TO GIVE YOU A 0 OUT OF 10.
---
Armstrong for President
#37StriderOWPosted 4/1/2013 12:43:43 PM(edited)
You have to be a idiot not to realize that when people say DMC1 is the best out of them all they are talking about gaming eras. When DMC1 came out it was a fresh genre and it took gaming to another level. DMC3 combat system also accomplished this. Ask yourself what has DMC2/4/DmC done to revolutionize this genre of gaming? NOTHING! This is why people say DMC1/3 is the best because they actually made a major impact within gaming. Look how many games that tried to follow the DMC1 format. Look at how many games tried to steal DMC3's combat system. You have to look at it from its era of gaming and compare them. You can't compare a game on its own that came out 10 years after a newer version was released because it isn't fair. You have to judge them on what made a bigger impact in that era they were released. The only thing DMC2 did was spark a lot of ideas for DMC3 with the stylish combat.
#38CaliberChampPosted 4/1/2013 12:41:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#39StrelokPosted 4/1/2013 1:07:02 PM
^
Censor bypass.
Flaming.
These get you moderated.

Calling Demon Souls and X-Com terrible games get you a "Doesn't know quality games" award.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#40RetsuxD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:18:24 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
RetsuxD posted...

MY PARENTS ARE DEAD
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
DEVILS NEVER CRY

0/10

Wow. Retsu. Just... wow. HOW BAD DO YOU HAVE TO BE FOR INK RIBBON TO GIVE YOU A 0 OUT OF 10.

I have to be on the DmC boards in April Fools.
I mean, some of you guys actually replied seriously...