Why do people honestly believe DMC1 is the best in the series?

#41RayconPosted 4/1/2013 1:26:28 PM
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...
Where the heck is alex and roxas?

Probably checking the post date, I assume.

Mother****er. I hate today.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#42Xean_LiteheartPosted 4/1/2013 1:41:16 PM
Well my serious reply here would be because I played DMC2 first and thought it was very awesome---best game I'd played on PS2 since FFX.

Then I played DMC1, and I thought the labels were mistaken---how could the first game be SOOO much better than its sequel?

Aaaaand if this really was an April Fools joke topic, you really got me XD

But if not, I can see why you'd say some points (everybody), but imo it's the most balanced of the original 4. 3 just made the enemies become tanks as the difficulty rose.
#43Niyel7Posted 4/1/2013 6:14:32 PM
RetsuxD posted...
I've seen this post far too many times in this board, and by different people, but they're just stating that which is OBJECTIVELY wrong.

DMC1 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games, and considering the quality of them, THAT is a real achievement.
Clunky and sluggish gameplay coupled with the most uninspired RE ripoff atmosphere that serves no purpose other than DURR SWORDFIGHTON IN DA DARK LIKE IN MY SOOOOOOOOUL(and on the subject of souls: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEGHT, seriously, how can you even accept this kind of voice acting?) and almost non-existant, forgettable music, alongside trial and error gameplay FILLED TO THE BRIM with artificial difficulty(Changing the enemy placement in harder mode? Lazy way to go, Crapcom) make it nearky downright unplayable, how can you even fathom more than 90 minutes of playing it is beyond me.

And let's not even start with the story...actually, yeah, let's start it:
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD
I'LL GO TO AN ISLAND TO KILL THE DEVIL BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE MY MOM
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
DEVILS NEVER CRY

DMC1 is one of the reasons why video games will never be looked as a form of art, thanks to its cancerous essence that was reworked in many other games.

But I get it, it's cool to hate DmC because god forbid a franchise is rebooted on this decade, and because Dante doesn't have that precious red coat unless you buy it for DLC, but you're about to stop your bloodflow with your nostalgia goggles towards DMC1, accept it, so we can all move on from all this self-entitlement in gaming and look forward to DmC2.

I agree with what you're saying except for one thing. DMC 1 is the worst? You obviously have not played DMC2.
#44JanneDaArc135Posted 4/1/2013 6:17:21 PM
I am pretty sure its an April Fools post but if it isn't than it should be. DMC1 was and still is amazing. My favorite in the series with 3 close behind. Although objectively looking at things 3 is prolly better than 1.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou: Imperishable Night PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#45NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/1/2013 6:55:04 PM
RetsuxD posted...
I've seen this post far too many times in this board, and by different people, but they're just stating that which is OBJECTIVELY wrong.

DMC1 is by far, the worst one of the old DMC games, and considering the quality of them, THAT is a real achievement.
Clunky and sluggish gameplay coupled with the most uninspired RE ripoff atmosphere that serves no purpose other than DURR SWORDFIGHTON IN DA DARK LIKE IN MY SOOOOOOOOUL(and on the subject of souls: LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEGHT, seriously, how can you even accept this kind of voice acting?) and almost non-existant, forgettable music, alongside trial and error gameplay FILLED TO THE BRIM with artificial difficulty(Changing the enemy placement in harder mode? Lazy way to go, Crapcom) make it nearky downright unplayable, how can you even fathom more than 90 minutes of playing it is beyond me.

And let's not even start with the story...actually, yeah, let's start it:
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD
I'LL GO TO AN ISLAND TO KILL THE DEVIL BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE MY MOM
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
DEVILS NEVER CRY

DMC1 is one of the reasons why video games will never be looked as a form of art, thanks to its cancerous essence that was reworked in many other games.

But I get it, it's cool to hate DmC because god forbid a franchise is rebooted on this decade, and because Dante doesn't have that precious red coat unless you buy it for DLC, but you're about to stop your bloodflow with your nostalgia goggles towards DMC1, accept it, so we can all move on from all this self-entitlement in gaming and look forward to DmC2.

Oh, you. :P
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#46Dark_EpathyPosted 4/1/2013 7:03:20 PM
Objectively, yes, the later DMC games are much improved over DMC1 from a technical perspective. However, for what it is, DMC1 is a fantastic game and well-designed in all of its aspects. The art direction, the sound design, the philosophy in the gameplay--it's all wonderful.

It has a heart that feels much more immediate and poignant than the others, too. A lot of inspiration and passion in that game.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#47DagorhaPosted 4/1/2013 8:05:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/1/2013 8:06:32 PM
Dammit people, it was a joke. Look at the date when he posted it >_<

Anyone who actually fell for this should have to wear a kick me sign all day tomorrow.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#49DagorhaPosted 4/1/2013 8:09:45 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Anyone who actually fell for this should have to wear a kick me sign all day tomorrow.

but he seemed so sincere D:

really, there is so very little difference between this and the average troll its kinda sad really...
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#50KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/1/2013 8:10:57 PM
Dagorha posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

but he seemed so sincere D:

really, there is so very little difference between this and the average troll its kinda sad really...

Doesn't matter. Look at the date, it will explain all. Today, everyone and no one is a troll. No exceptions.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]