coming from someone who never played a DMC before.

#21DuuuDe14Posted 4/1/2013 3:02:53 PM
RD_21 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
Never played a DMC before...yup I stopped right there.

Seriously right? How dare he post on the board of a standalone game he played to give his opinion without having played any other game in the series... So laughable...

You better not think XIII is amazing with that attitude.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#22PunkMcThrustPosted 4/1/2013 3:07:59 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
RD_21 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

Seriously right? How dare he post on the board of a standalone game he played to give his opinion without having played any other game in the series... So laughable...

XIII is amazing. That game is a work of art. No other game accomplished the emotion I felt from that game.
I have never hated a character as much as I hate Lightning. It's like Squeenix spent the past 5 years monitoring my brain, soul, and heart to try and make the character that I would hate the most. She had to have been a calculated attempt to make me angry, there's no other way she could have been so bad.
---
Armstrong for President
#23syctheweilderPosted 4/1/2013 3:08:10 PM
Well Duuude, if you never heard of Final Fa- no, no if you've never heard of, seen, or played a video game before, you might be forgiven for thinking that Final Fantasy XIII was a interesting interactive movie.
#24DuuuDe14Posted 4/1/2013 3:14:18 PM
I personally thought it was ok. Bought it on a whim and to satisfy a desire to play an RPG. I liked it but is it better than the classics? NEIN

Although despite popular opinion, Snow is my favorite character. And Sazh is God. Yes Yuji, Sazh is God.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#25JanneDaArc135Posted 4/1/2013 3:45:13 PM
While I respect your opinion I would disagree vehemently with it. After playing the original DMC series and then being crapped this s*** it is definitely a step down. Even 2, yup I said it, was better. Dante might not have said a lot but at least I didn't want to punch him every time he opened his mouth. Also at least 2 didn't insult me at every turn.

Honestly DMC 1,3,4 are SOOOOOO much better than this game that it makes my head hurt to even ponder why NT would think this game is good. Like I said I respect your opinion and am happy you like the game, I just disagree with your opinion.
---
The older rpg games will always be the best forever and ever.
Now Playing: Touhou: Imperishable Night PSN: janne-da-arc24.
#26Gogito4Posted 4/1/2013 5:03:30 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...
RD_21 posted...
DuuuDe14 posted...

XIII is amazing. That game is a work of art. No other game accomplished the emotion I felt from that game.
I have never hated a character as much as I hate Lightning. It's like Squeenix spent the past 5 years monitoring my brain, soul, and heart to try and make the character that I would hate the most. She had to have been a calculated attempt to make me angry, there's no other way she could have been so bad.

Trollyama.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#27Gogito4Posted 4/1/2013 5:05:41 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
I personally thought it was ok. Bought it on a whim and to satisfy a desire to play an RPG. I liked it but is it better than the classics? NEIN

Although despite popular opinion, Snow is my favorite character. And Sazh is God. Yes Yuji, Sazh is God.

This guy gets it. Sazh is like, one of the very few black guys in a JRPG that isn't steryotiped as "The Black Guy" (I'm looking at you, Barret). I also found Snow to be the least obnoxious.

Still, what bugs me truly about XIII is how they took the medíocre one, the one worse than most of anything they produced and BAM, two sequels!
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#28Rising_shadowPosted 4/1/2013 5:18:34 PM
It's not really the first FF with sequels though. XIII produced multiple sequels because they reused the entire game engine and resources and decided to put them to use to make a profit. But hey, at least we can agree that XIII and XIII-2 are still better than the turd fanfiction that was Dirge of cerberus.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#29RunothPosted 4/2/2013 10:16:07 AM
I liked XIII as well. I loved the characters and the story - the combat was completely new to me, and I liked the sense of timing involved with Paradigm Shifts and queuing attacks. It was a little bit easy for over half of the game though, but the story made up for it. And honestly, XIII had the best story-telling approach of any FF game. The only characters I felt more attached to were the crew of FFVI, and the nostalgia lays thick on that one. Even the music was well done - nothing compared to Uematsu's work, but I felt it fit more often than not, with only a few blatantly jarring tracks - Nautilus, omg my ears.
#30ScreamingMidgetPosted 4/2/2013 10:25:53 AM
L0Z posted...
this game is fantastic. Is it only the people that have played older DMCs that hate on this game?

No, it's only people who like good games that hate DmC.