Apology to Ninja Theory

#1TotiXPosted 4/2/2013 2:18:46 PM(edited)
SPOILER
After watching the reveal trailer a while back I was definitely on the hating side. I instantly hated Dontes look (which was tuned over time) and the lousy grunge music. Later the combat was shown and it seemed choopy and unfluid. Later the hate grew on Donte with his potty mouth and a$$whole attitude unlike original Dante who was more like a badass cool suave guy that in the bottom was caring and of righteous heart, traits that made him likeable and which seemed not present in this Dante. So I hated and decided to boycott.

But then the demo came, and I got to taste first hand the gameplay and thats where it started to change. Although the gameplay had been seriously dumbed down in my opinion it was pretty fun and being able to string flashy moves easily is something you cant simply shun off. I was doing jump cancels like a pro while in DMC 3 and 4 I could barely pull off 2 or 3 in succesion. So I found myself enjoying the combat and wanting more. I still did not care for Donte but his look seemed better. I decided to buy the game cheaper and I was able to find it for 40 bucks on ebay a month later and now I am glad to have bought it.

The game is actually pretty good. The nicest surprise was in the character development part. I found myself caring for this characters at the end and how great it was to see that Donte begins too show how he started to care for Kat and the cause and how he by the end wanted to protect the world, I mean he had completely changed from a potty mouth a$$whole to a potty mouth hero and that was cool. The story although not the best was good due to the character interactions I gotta say, I mean the whole hostage swapping scene was pretty intense. Vergin (I still cant get over that stupid hat) had a great interaction with Donte. I got moved by how they brotherly bonded and was sad seeing how they were broken apart by ideals at the end in which Vergin was not inherently evil but was more naive in a megalomaniacal way. The music was awesome, I loved it. Metal goes perfectly with this game. The whole limbo shifting world was great. I didnt believe reviewers when they said how cool the stages where but they really are something to behold. An finally the combat was just what the demo promised, an easier version of the traditional DMC style but pretty fun and cool. The whole Devil/Angel weapon system served for some puzzling elements even in combat which were alright. Enemy design wasnt that great though since they all carried kinda the same feel. I still feel DMC1 and DMC4 had the best enemy designs, but I guess its all the same when your slashing around.

In the end I think I owe and apology to Ninja Theory because they may not have made the greatest DMC they did in fact make a great action game which I completely enjoyed. Was Ninja Theory the best choice to take on DMC maybe not but, I can say they did not fail and if there is still some will to give them a chance with a DmC sequel (although I hope Capcom japan takes it back) I think I will surely be looking foward to it now.

;)
#2Yuber255Posted 4/2/2013 2:09:19 PM
O.O
What the mate!?
I ain't readin' that mating giant mate block of text, mate. You tryin' to ruin my mating eyes or something mate?

Seriously what the mate is wrong with you? >:(
---
Son of the Legendary Troll Knight Shatter
#3RetsuxDPosted 4/2/2013 2:09:45 PM
I hate videogames.
#4produnerPosted 4/2/2013 2:09:57 PM
I hope that NT will cease to exist after their GDC presentation and for their crappy games. I want DMC5 and DMC5 only.
---
Huskies are quite the handful.
When i'm alone, i pretend to be a black hole.
#5PunkMcThrustPosted 4/2/2013 2:15:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6lulzacePosted 4/2/2013 2:17:43 PM
wordwrap ftw
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#7PunkMcThrustPosted 4/2/2013 2:22:45 PM
Let me try once more, WITH FEELING

Fun fact for the day kids: NO SERIOUSLY I MEAN IT USE THE GODDAMN ENTER KEY
---
Armstrong for President
#8ZeroX91Posted 4/2/2013 2:24:46 PM
Wow and people say the antis are trolls... :)
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJuLGBjjf6g
#9ramzariotPosted 4/2/2013 2:32:38 PM
I just thought of this when I read the opening post.

You're my best friend, Fry, I'm sorry I treated you so badly.

Apology accepted. After all, you're only human.

Wait a minute! You did it all backwards. Fry's the one who should be... Oh, never mind!
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#10UtaNapishtiPosted 4/2/2013 3:07:24 PM
I don't entirely agree with the TC. At best, I think that the Reagan era can be described as a mixed bag. Indeed, some of the economic measures and treaties with the Soviet Union are worthy of praise, but he whitewashes many of the back door dealings and scandals, many of which resulted in deaths overseas.