Apology to Ninja Theory

#31Chaos2FrozenPosted 4/5/2013 6:34:34 PM
mad_hax_man posted...

1. No one paid for anything. Unless Capcom advertised the game as DMC5, with classic Dante and 60 fps etc etc, and then put DmC on the disk itself so you only found out about it after you paid for it, the metaphor isn't accurate

The TC paid for his game.

2. Its the equivalent with the manager being rude to you after he himself as been verbally insulted before anyone's been able to try the new menu. Sure, some of the things Tameen and Alex said was dumb as s***, but they were coming from two people facing down one of the biggest backlashes in gaming history. Sure, there were legitimate complaints, but they were so far buried under the mountains of ****.

So what? Do you think no other company has to deal with crap like this before?

Do you think Kojima never had complaints about Metal Gear Rising? From that rabid fanbase? Give me a break.

Don't get me wrong, Capcoms idea to reboot their 5th biggest franchise after a game that introduced a new PC and hinted at the future return of fan favourite Vergil was curb biting stupid. And yeah, the antagonistic tone taken on by journalist and their PR team did more harm than good, but I don't see why the antis seem so offended at the idea of some one liking the game

Liking this game is one thing- But needing to apologize like he has done something wrong is BS.
#325hadowsPosted 4/5/2013 7:21:24 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
UUUUUUUNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTTAAAAAAAAAABBBLLLEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S A SOOOOUUUUUUNNNNNDDDDD SSSSWWWWWOOOOORRRRRDDDDD
---
Ill add something here later....
#33TheSL1ClubPosted 4/5/2013 7:28:20 PM
TC has committed a sin of denying NT's 'game making abilities', he is begging for their forgiveness even though he paid $$$ for the product, let's hope Jesus (NT?) forgives his soul. This is the future Utopia people.

/end sarcasm
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#34TheCalibratorPosted 4/5/2013 8:59:56 PM
produner posted...
I hope that NT will cease to exist after their GDC presentation and for their crappy games. I want DMC5 and DMC5 only.

Lololololololololololololololololololololololol.

Lol.
#35Solblade44Posted 4/5/2013 9:16:56 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
UUUUUUUNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPTTTTTAAAAAAAAAABBBLLLEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyrJsT_Shyg

Lemongrab (dis)approved.
---
"We have the best ****ing fans in the world" - Peter Bartholow on Skullgirls crowdfunder
GT: Solblade44
#36mad_hax_manPosted 4/5/2013 9:58:11 PM
Chaos2Frozen posted...
mad_hax_man posted...

The TC paid for his game.

Knowing full well it wasn't the adventures of silver haired, 60 fps Dante. It isn't the equivalent of ordering something and getting something different

So what? Do you think no other company has to deal with crap like this before?

Do you think Kojima never had complaints about Metal Gear Rising? From that rabid fanbase? Give me a break.

To this extent? Hell no. Besides, I admit Capcom has been stupid, the PR has been piss poor. I said so in my above post. But you would be as blind as a bat whose had his eyes ripped out to believe that antis haven't added to the tension and unpleasantness off the whole thing. Tameen's attitude isn't ideal, or professional, but I'm sure has hell not going to say it isn't understandable.

Liking this game is one thing- But needing to apologize like he has done something wrong is BS.

He felt like he had done wrong by pre judging the game. He didn't need to apologize. Neither NT, nor Capcom, nor any pros or journalist forced him to apologize. He felt it was appropriate. And you know what? That's up to him, and he does no harm in feeling that way.

And this is what I hate about the whole situation. It isn't that people hate of like DmC. Its just the sheer inability for either side to stop, take a deep breathe, actually try to consider someone else's point of view, and not take it as a personal insult
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#37StrelokPosted 4/6/2013 12:00:05 AM
To this extent? Hell no. Besides, I admit Capcom has been stupid, the PR has been piss poor. I said so in my above post. But you would be as blind as a bat whose had his eyes ripped out to believe that antis haven't added to the tension and unpleasantness off the whole thing. Tameen's attitude isn't ideal, or professional, but I'm sure has hell not going to say it isn't understandable.

At first there was uproar about it, yes. But then they *HAD* to insult the original franchise instead of being... you know... PROFESSIONALS and trying to assure the fanbase that it'll work out like Kojima did! They FLAT OUT INSULTED THE FANBASE AND THE FRANCHISE!

He felt like he had done wrong by pre judging the game. He didn't need to apologize. Neither NT, nor Capcom, nor any pros or journalist forced him to apologize. He felt it was appropriate. And you know what? That's up to him, and he does no harm in feeling that way.

And this is what I hate about the whole situation. It isn't that people hate of like DmC. Its just the sheer inability for either side to stop, take a deep breathe, actually try to consider someone else's point of view, and not take it as a personal insult

Doesn't make this "apology" any less dumb considering Tam Tam has been the biggest offender here.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#38syctheweilderPosted 4/6/2013 1:41:32 AM(edited)
If anyone should be on the chopping block here, it's the morally bankrupt journalists who took it upon themselves to make examples of these people who cared enough about the series to be vocal over the horridly misguided direction it was heading, and their concerns that it was not in capable hands; a hunch which turned out to be a sobering truth that still isn't acknowledged by the media at large despite it being plain as day.

All as a means to promote a product.