Capcom (finally) on the way to destruction

#41Rising_shadowPosted 4/3/2013 3:34:41 PM
If only the release date was closer. Well, still closer than One Piece Musou 2 at least. Surprised that already has a sequel.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#42Malus_X6Posted 4/3/2013 5:18:22 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Well let's be honest here, despite Capcom being the lamest company right now, they still have the best games.

Platinum makes better action games.

Arc Sys makes better fighters.

What's left? RPG's? ATLUS has that cornered. Seriously, what games are you referring to? What in the last five years has Capcom contributed to the gaming sphere besides Dragon's Dogma?

MK 2011 was awesome. I don't care what anyone says.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#43StrelokPosted 4/3/2013 5:31:57 PM
Orange00 posted...
Yuber255 posted...
Orange00 posted...
yuber, doesn't prevent one from getting it. Real hardcore gamers play their games japanese. or what? You afraid of little challenge not understanding everything?

How is not understanding the game a challenge? Just means you missed the story or had to read it from a FAQ. You still enjoy like that then more power to you but I don't subtitles with Japanese voices is good enough though so long as I can understand.

And I'm hardcore as they come I'm doing a no deaths (damage in Uprising) run of the entire Contra series right now, don't you talk to me about hardcore mate.

hardcore gamer doesn't play games for story, language doesn't matter. It's common knowledge that japanese games are more hardcore.

i'm doing 2-player mode run in Ikaruga just by myself so i know what i'm talking.

I guess I'm not hardcore enough when my favorite games are Planescape: Torment and Deus Ex..
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#44pyro_buntaPosted 4/3/2013 8:50:49 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
The real "Japanese EA" is Koei-Tecmo and their Dynasty Warriors series.

You have to be joking. They did a lot of good stuff to their series and actually please the fans. That's why people keep coming back to each new Dynasty Warriors installment.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#45pyro_buntaPosted 4/3/2013 8:53:41 PM
zhaoyun99 posted...
BTW, since we are talking about Koei, We got THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YizvxLoDoUw

HNNNNNNGH dat music
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#46SiLVeR_420Posted 4/3/2013 9:02:45 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
Well let's be honest here, despite Capcom being the lamest company right now, they still have the best games.

What's left? RPG's? ATLUS has that cornered. Seriously, what games are you referring to? What in the last five years has Capcom contributed to the gaming sphere besides Dragon's Dogma?

Mortal Kombat? Netherrealm is just Boones Midway team under a different name.

MKs final fights difficulty was kind of broken though. Breeze through the story untill you get to him then lolspamboss.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#47KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/3/2013 9:10:02 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

MKs final fights difficulty was kind of broken though. Breeze through the story untill you get to him then lolspamboss.

Welcome to every fighting game final boss ever.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#48Orange00Posted 4/3/2013 9:21:46 PM
Sterlok, everyone can be hc in their own regard (lol hardcore gamer is such an elitist and smug thing to say) from what i understand, you play a lot of old-school RPGs, that's as HC as anything.

truthfully i'm more off a casual gamer with a bit higher taste these days, simply because i don't have time to invest in games so much. Even my SHMUP-enthusiasm got a hit when i was in an arcade in japan where these guys were eating ice scream in one hand and dodging bullethell with pixel perfect movement with the other one. My ikaruga challenge is more of a lifetime challenge lol.

but thanks to this conversation, i'm feeling an itch for contra. Gotta expand my NES library :)
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#49SiLVeR_420Posted 4/3/2013 9:33:00 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...

Welcome to every fighting game final boss ever.

Its why I don't play them much. Only play them when I have company over.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#50StrelokPosted 4/4/2013 4:46:00 AM
Orange00 posted...
Sterlok, everyone can be hc in their own regard (lol hardcore gamer is such an elitist and smug thing to say) from what i understand, you play a lot of old-school RPGs, that's as HC as anything.

truthfully i'm more off a casual gamer with a bit higher taste these days, simply because i don't have time to invest in games so much. Even my SHMUP-enthusiasm got a hit when i was in an arcade in japan where these guys were eating ice scream in one hand and dodging bullethell with pixel perfect movement with the other one. My ikaruga challenge is more of a lifetime challenge lol.

but thanks to this conversation, i'm feeling an itch for contra. Gotta expand my NES library :)

I adore older games, those were times when they were made with love, not the mindset of "Must sell millions!"
The age where Capcom was great, EA wasn't a moneygrubbing company and Simcity was a respectable franchise.

*sigh*
I miss my childhood.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg