Capcom (finally) on the way to destruction

#61SiLVeR_420Posted 4/5/2013 1:40:14 AM(edited)
Atlus played publisher pretty much this whole Gen.

And yes Catherine does have a 2player mode and is worth it.

---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#62syctheweilderPosted 4/5/2013 2:09:53 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
Plat made Bayonetta, Vanqished, Anarchy, and Rising.

Dunno who Arc is.

RPGs, Square only ever had Final Fantasy, Konami only has Metal Gear and Castelvania, Namco has Tekken and animes (Naruto, DBZ).

Capcom has Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Vs. Series, Omniusha, Devil May Cry, Darkstalkers, Dead Rising, Ace Attorney, Breath of Fire....they have the best games.

Arc Sys are the people who make Guilty Gear.

Resident Evil is garbage now.
Street Fighter's been rehashed to death. Twice.
Megaman is dead.
Onimusha is dead.
Devil May Cry is now dead
Darkstalkers is currently being threatened .
They refuse to consistently localize Ace Attorney.
Breath of Fire has been dead for more than ten years.

Capcom may have had the best games at some point in time, but they certainly don't now.
#63MoreFunThanTVPosted 4/5/2013 3:51:53 AM
I was gonna post about how sad it'd be to see Capcom go but after thinking about it the only game Capcom's made in recent years that I actually cared about/liked was Dragon's Dogma so yeah honestly don't think I'd shed a tear if they died at this point.

The fact that I can say that about the once great Capcom, a company that probably had enough quarters from me at one point they could have swam in them like Scrooge McDuck, a company who I once trusted so much it only took their logo being on the case for me to know I'm getting a quality product is sorta sad in its own right though.
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#64Orange00Posted 4/5/2013 6:48:12 AM
Capcom has provided great games this gen!
- DMC4
- MvsC3
- SF4
- Dead Rising
- Lost Planet
- Monster Hunter 3
- Dragon's Dogma
these are just the games generally regarded as great, i left out those that got mixed reactions but i'm sure many got favorites among them as well. Now it's not maybe as much as previous generations but take a second and think how many hits other companies have been able to make in recent years? You have to take in account that development costs are skyrocketing these days and companies simply can't afford making that many games.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#65Malus_X6Posted 4/5/2013 12:40:11 PM
- DMC4
- MvsC3
- SF4

- Dead Rising
- Lost Planet
- Monster Hunter 3
- Dragon's Dogma

I know for sure these two games could have been handled MUCH better than they should have.

I have no beef with DeadRising or Lost Planet as I've never played them. Never cared to either. Monster Hunter doesn't appeal to me. Dragon's Dogma... I played the demo. It was good, and yes, my best friend hounds me to play it, but I can't bring myself to actually do so. I'm really dedicated to my Capcom boycott, though I WILL buy their older games for older systems.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#66MoreFunThanTVPosted 4/5/2013 3:38:23 PM
Orange00 posted...
- DMC4
- MvsC3
- SF4
- Dead Rising
- Lost Planet
- Monster Hunter 3
- Dragon's Dogma
these are just the games generally regarded as great, i left out those that got mixed reactions but i'm sure many got favorites among them as well. Now it's not maybe as much as previous generations but take a second and think how many hits other companies have been able to make in recent years? You have to take in account that development costs are skyrocketing these days and companies simply can't afford making that many games.

Only games on that list I liked were DMC4 and Dragon's Dogma...

Fighters this gen tend to never reach me since the only games in the entire genre I like are the ones with huge amounts of single player content (Soul Caliber 1-3, Blazblue) so that automatically kills MvsC3 for me, only give me arcade mode and online and I'll probably play it for like long enough to beat arcade with one person, play a couple online matches and then never look at it again.

As for SF4, I love SF3 (one exception to my single player content rule is the arcade) and I even find Alpha 3 to be more advanced so yeah never really liked it.

Only played Dead Rising on a standard def TV (so I probably did like 1% of the cases since I couldn't read s***) back when it first came out, thought it was ok but never played it again since.

I did like Lost Planet (the first one) that one time I rented it and beat it (I remember it feeling like a full 3D Contra in a way) but have no desire to play it again either.

Played alot of Monster Hunter Freedom with an old boyfriend back then, don't really want to play another one. I liked how dynamic the monsters felt but overall grind and loot focused games, I care not for them. Is there more story in MH3?
---
Divine Goddess of All That Is Prolix.
#67Malus_X6Posted 4/6/2013 8:06:40 PM
Well, I'm probably not gonna be around in the foreseeable future.

I've been marked on two posts of mine in a now locked topic and I am, in all likelihood, not going to back down. I'm sure some others on here have been marked as well, mostly in the SAME topic, which everyone knows, was created by a well-known troll whose only interest is to piss off the rest of us. All we did was make the topic more lively instead of succumbing to the same crap the troll in question has been up to with what seems like absolute impunity.

So yeah. Who wants to take bets on how long I'll be gone?
---
#68Lord_MizerPosted 4/6/2013 8:20:29 PM
^ It would be a shame if you were to be punished, yet someone who is actually guilty gets to pull a Houdini.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#69Malus_X6Posted 4/6/2013 8:22:10 PM
Oh dude, apparently I was derailing the topic, and so were you, it seems.

My point is, how the flying blue f*** do you derail an obvious troll topic? If anything, we put it back on the tracks and kept it going.
---
#70KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 4/6/2013 8:26:14 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Oh dude, apparently I was derailing the topic, and so were you, it seems.

My point is, how the flying blue f*** do you derail an obvious troll topic? If anything, we put it back on the tracks and kept it going.

Really? That's the reason they gave? Why exactly do all the other topics get a free pass then? No one here even cares about DmC, there isn't even such a thing as a topic that's really about DmC, it's either an obvious troll topic or a big argument. If they ban you, they'd pretty much have to ban everyone and delete all the topics on the board.

This board just proves two things to me. 1. The mods have no idea what they're doing, and 2. The ones that do really suck at their jobs.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]