How long is the Virgil's downfall DLC?

#1gmoshierPosted 4/2/2013 3:24:38 PM
I have been away from this game for a while and I'll be coming back to it soon. The Virgil's downfall DLC looks very good and I'll be buying it soon. How long is this campaign DLC?
---
Must buy RE: Revelations, The Last of Us, Saints Row IV, & Beyond: Two Souls!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/7/gmoshier.png
#2StrelokPosted 4/2/2013 3:26:19 PM
About an hour.

I wish I were kidding.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#3gmoshier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:30:19 PM
Strelok posted...
About an hour.

I wish I were kidding.

$8.99 for a 1 hour campaign?
---
#4Some_HoarPosted 4/2/2013 3:34:07 PM
6 levels (one of which is just a boss fight)

For what it's worth they are longer than most of dunte's missions, and you get all the difficulties from before.
---
Bald_Money posted...
How many alternate accounts does Some_Hoar have? From the look of things, it's something like 6.
#5gmoshier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 3:40:26 PM
Some_Hoar posted...

For what it's worth they are longer than most of dunte's missions, and you get all the difficulties from before.

I haven't played this game since January and I am probably very rusty. Beating this DLC in an hour is probably out of the question for me. Thanks for the info btw.
---
#6Chaos2FrozenPosted 4/2/2013 3:43:34 PM
gmoshier posted...
Some_Hoar posted...

I haven't played this game since January and I am probably very rusty. Beating this DLC in an hour is probably out of the question for me. Thanks for the info btw.

Unless you're going to play it with one hand and one eye, I doubt you could drag out even another full hour out of it ^^;
#7StrelokPosted 4/2/2013 4:16:11 PM
I finished the demo, on SoS, in about 15 minutes. Poison included.
This'll put my time for Downfall at about an hour, give or take.

As I said, i wish i were kidding.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#8PunkMcThrustPosted 4/2/2013 4:36:13 PM
It took me about 2 hours each playthrough, and I did 3 playthroughs.

Vorgul plays a lot better than Donte, he takes much more skill to use, JC-ing with him actually works like JC-ing rather than just causing glitches or dropped combos like with Donte, all around he's just funner to play as. And he's not absolutely gamebreakingly overpowered.

The new enemies are more challenging but also more annoying than in Donte's campaign.

And the two biggest complaints gameplay wise. Almost none of the environments you fight enemies in have walls, causing either you to fall off the stage or enemies to fall of the stage. It's annoying and not fun to fight in at all.

And the glitches. This has tons, TONS TONS TONS TONS O' GLITCHES. Far more than the main campaign.

And...

Well the visuals. Blue and red, bricks and fire. That is all you are going to be seeing the whole DLC.

The music... it's just a bunch of drum beats. I can hardly call it a soundtrack.

The story is far better than the main game's, voice acting has improved for all characters, it's still not great though. Not to mention thoroughly and completely (we're talking easy lawsuit material) rips off Bleach.

I liked it more than the main game but it's still not all that great. I think I liked it because the low "price" I paid for it
---
Armstrong for President
#9RunothPosted 4/2/2013 5:01:02 PM
I'd recommend playing Vorgil's Downfall. I enjoyed it far more than I did the main game.

Still, the glitches are annoying as all hell - mainly, you'll want to do a rising slash with Yamato, and Vorgil just... won't. He'll do half the animation, then stop and stand there. This happens way more than it should.

Other than that though, the story is more interesting the main game's, Vorgil is way more fun to play as, and doesn't have any broken moves to spam. You're rewarded for a sense of timing on several of his moves, and overall the combat is far more polished. You can tell the devs realized what was stupid about DmC's combat and took steps. Even the platforming is snappier.

The levels are largely a rehash of Mission 2, only with a fire and brimstone vibe. The new enemies are cool. The music was done well too - mainly atmospheric, but considering the tone of the story, I thought it was perfect.

If you enjoyed the main game enough to finish it, VD is worth your time.